Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 07:07 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
takeaHike- I agree with you in a sense but many sociopaths can hide it for MANY years. Ted Bundy did. He was a law student. He was intelligent and crafty.

One of Caseys ex boyfriends (of about 20, lol) noted she was a diabolical liar. That sounds about right.

Dr Park Dietz:

Johns Hopkins Magazine - November 1994 Issue

has an excellent profile on people like this (he is a forensic psychiatrist not pop-psych. personality).

You cant really begin to say the system should have locked her up before it happened- there are no laws that would have allowed Cindy to merely commit her....same goes for teachers and 3rd parties. Its the law. Im not defending it, but thats the system we live in.

The parents prolly tried to get her to go to therapy, if she is a narcissist she will avoid going. Like addicts and psychopaths...they see the world the way they want to see it...not how it is. IMO Casey lives in her own world. You can see her acting out in court already. In her head its a mere inconvenience to her. She has no sense of right and wrong.
I'll look at the article when I have a chance.

Whatever the reasons, I certainly don't understand.

How she was able to avoid incarceration for ??drugs??/just to pick a crime--is a good question. She is 25 now --I suppose she was 22 when this began.

If she had 'many' boyfriends/sexual partners--I would think that started in her early teens. All I can infer is that she 'progressed' on the 'dysfunctional' scale.

In a lower socio-economic class, I believe she would have been behind bars about a decade ago.

The development of personality certainly halted rather early for some reason.

I heard the judge considered closing the court during this trial--that might have been a good idea.

George and Cindy--very sad. If you have 'absolutely no control' over a minor, I understood that to be a serious parenting issue. Who knows, who knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 08:03 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,194,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
This is true and I also understand what you are saying . I guess it is true that Casey lives in her own world . Im sure that George and Cindy are going through hell , they are the ones I have sympathy for not their daughter .
It's pretty obvious that Casey lives in her own world ... what person with any compassion for others would put the court system through a trial when 99.9% of Americans know that she is guilty as sin. All of the taxpayer money and juror time wasted on someone who was jealous of her mother's relationship with her daughter. I wonder how she'll adapt to state prison where she won't be the center of attention anymore.

Old 05-21-2011, 09:07 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
She is a sociopath, and they tend to adapt well in prison...sadly...also she is in a specially sequestered area...no contact with others due to the high profile case. Death row inmates in Florida are kept isolated from general population.

I dont blame the parents. Maybe Cindy was an enabler, but IMO Casey used poor Caylee as a pawn- have seen many people use their kids as pawns related to abusive families.

Old 05-21-2011, 06:50 PM

150 posts, read 405,388 times
Sometimes no matter how good the parents are, the child can be bad. Speaking from personal experience (sister's children, not mine...don't have children). I'm getting the feeling that she's going to throw Cindy and George under the bus. But as soon as her lies come out, that will prove to be false. I believe that she did it.

Old 05-21-2011, 11:13 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,246,530 times
Do you think she will get the death penalty?

I hope.

She is for sure a sociopath, but she's not psychotic there is of course a big difference.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 05-21-2011 at 11:28 PM..

Old 05-22-2011, 09:29 AM

150 posts, read 405,388 times
I'll really be interested in the "one minute" explanation the Jose B. has. From all that I've heard from watching, they've already admitted that she did it.

She is truly not ashamed of herself. All she does is cry when the charges are read, but never when her daughter's name is mentioned. If ever there was a reason for the death penalty, this is it.

Susie

Old 05-22-2011, 09:39 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,246,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susieJD View Post
I'll really be interested in the "one minute" explanation the Jose B. has. From all that I've heard from watching, they've already admitted that she did it.

She is truly not ashamed of herself. All she does is cry when the charges are read, but never when her daughter's name is mentioned. If ever there was a reason for the death penalty, this is it.

Susie
I agree.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:55 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
This should be intersting to watch. If Casey continues to insist that the "Nanny took my kid" line, that won't work. I wonder if Ray Kronk, the guy who found Caylee will be thrown under the bus too? I feel for that guy. I discussed this with my son, if he found a young girl's body, he would of course want the authorities to know...but would he be a suspect? You never know. My son is a nice young man.

Casey lived a life of lying, and manipulation. I am interested in how she supported herself, with no job. Yet, she had a car, cell phone, apartment...a child...this could be more sordid and twisted than anyone even thinks.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:01 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
Well Im sure her parents were supporting the child caylee for the most part and Im sure they were paying for the rest as well such as said car , cell phone , she did not have an apartment she lived with George and Cindy . Im sure if Caylee needed anything like clothes or shoes there was grandma Cindy or Grandpa George and she got it . I bet you any money Casey also got whatever she needed . I wonder if they will treat any future grandkids they might have from Lee of course any differently something tells me no and they will watch their son and whomever the mother might be alot closer than they did Caylee and Casey .

Old 05-22-2011, 08:08 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Did anyone else sense the weird interaction of Lee and Casey? In 2009 the memorial- I think it was once Caylees body was found, Lee was talking about "his two girls"...Caylee and Casey...thats just seemed bizarre.

And yes it seems like Casey is going to blame the parents in some way, so she can avoid the death penalty. Seems the jury has decent, upstanding people who will see through that manipulative tactic.....she will hopefully at least gets life imprisonment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime