Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2011, 08:07 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,179,793 times

Advertisements

I hope all her imaginary friends keep her company while she spend her life in a solitary jail cell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 08:46 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,966,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I hope all her imaginary friends keep her company while she spend her life in a solitary jail cell.
If she is found guilty ... they are going to have a difficult time with her. She has been the center of attention for a long time. Surrounded by real people, cameras, computers, cell phones ... all the hugs, winks, chatting, laughing. See Me ... these are my real friends and they all love me. It will be a rude awakening for Casey Anthony.

Tomorrow when Judge Perry reads the instructions to the jury or it could happen with the State's rebuttal. She just might freak out. I thought she was last Friday when Judge Perry denied Cheney Mason's request for a mistrial and then the acquittal.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:55 PM

235 posts, read 837,338 times
Whatever the charge she is convicted on, as long is she is convicted of something, I predict an Oscar-worthy performance by Casey when she hears the verdict, with much wailing and perhaps she'll give the hairy eyeball to her parents, or the jury.

Whether or not it's because she's a sociopath, or what, she certainly appears to be a hopeless narcissist. Does Florida have a Son-of-Sam type law preventing inmates from cashing in after conviction? Even if it does, I don't suppose that would stop her from giving interviews to feed her need for attention. I recall Aileen Wuornos doing interviews.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:59 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
All Casey's friends life will be changed for ever! Tony might have a hard time dealing with the fact he sound the entire day in bed with a murderer...

Old 07-03-2011, 10:39 PM

288 posts, read 168,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Ottawa One View Post
Whatever the charge she is convicted on, as long is she is convicted of something, I predict an Oscar-worthy performance by Casey when she hears the verdict, with much wailing and perhaps she'll give the hairy eyeball to her parents, or the jury.

Whether or not it's because she's a sociopath, or what, she certainly appears to be a hopeless narcissist. Does Florida have a Son-of-Sam type law preventing inmates from cashing in after conviction? Even if it does, I don't suppose that would stop her from giving interviews to feed her need for attention. I recall Aileen Wuornos doing interviews.
Casey Anthony is not even in the neighborhood of Aileen Wuornos, much less the ballpark! Aileen Wuornos was in fact very mentally ill. She thought the government was spying on her through the eating utensils they gave her with her meals!

I will predict that if the jury comes back with guilty verdicts on any of the serious charges that Casey Anthony may cry softly. I do not see any dramatic demonstration coming from her. Do you really think that her defense attorneys have not prepared her for the possibility of a guilty verdict?

Old 07-04-2011, 01:59 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
I would have liked to see some better commentators. We got stuck with Gregg Jarrett, Nancy, Jane V Mitchell, & guests like Larry Seidlin (creep). I think HLN had the best coverage, with Mike somebody, and I am a Fox fan, but they blew it this time. CNN and HLN do crime well, and have increased their ratings exponentially with this trial. The OJ, and Kevorkian trials were much more interesting, but I'm glad I got to see Jeff Ashton and Judge Perry Belvin, in action. Both are outstanding at their profession. I'd like to give Ashton's co-counsel credit, but don't know her name.
Ratings article
Casey Anthony Trial Gives Tremendous Ratings Boost To Fourth Place HLN | Etidbits.com

Old 07-04-2011, 05:17 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I would have liked to see some better commentators. We got stuck with Gregg Jarrett, Nancy, Jane V Mitchell, & guests like Larry Seidlin (creep). I think HLN had the best coverage, with Mike somebody, and I am a Fox fan, but they blew it this time. CNN and HLN do crime well, and have increased their ratings exponentially with this trial. The OJ, and Kevorkian trials were much more interesting, but I'm glad I got to see Jeff Ashton and Judge Perry Belvin, in action. Both are outstanding at their profession. I'd like to give Ashton's co-counsel credit, but don't know her name.
Ratings article
Casey Anthony Trial Gives Tremendous Ratings Boost To Fourth Place HLN | Etidbits.com
I'm also so annoyed by Seidlin and your wording decribes it the best. I switch channels after having listed to him for a few times...The same counts for Geraldo and I can't stand him since he never lets anybody finish their sentence unless they have the same opinion as he has.

I like Vinnie the best, Mike is good too, Nancy is okay except for the crazy remarks that she would committ perjury for her kids...that is like talking to a teacher and your kids were wrong but blaming the teacher, that is not helping your kids either.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:59 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
The Constitution says she doesn't have to testify, she doesn't have to PROVE her innocence because the jury is required to PRESUME SHE IS INNOCENT. So when you decide someone is guilty because they didn't testify, you have denied them their Constitutional rights and have broken the law yourself.

The judge instructions the jury that they are to presume the defendant is INNOCENT. That's a requirement.

Once again, as both the State and defense proved over and over again, the entire Anthony family is not normal and they do not do things the way normal people do. The whole family. You cannot get into the minds of those people and you have no idea what they would decided would be the best thing to do, or may just the most immediate way of not dealing with the entire tragedy.

If people don't learn anything else from this trial, it would be a great public service if at least some people out there would learn what PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE means and why it is the law.
I wasn't talking about her testifying, I was talking about the fact that I think she knows what happened, and she has chosen not to tell the police in the first place.

I think she will actually get off, but that doesn't mean I don't think she isn't guilty.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:14 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,179,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I wasn't talking about her testifying, I was talking about the fact that I think she knows what happened, and she has chosen not to tell the police in the first place.

I think she will actually get off, but that doesn't mean I don't think she isn't guilty.
I doubt she'll get off gentlearts. She may not get the death penalty, but she won't see the outside of a jail cell for most of her life. This case, along with all the others charges against her, really puts her in no position whatsoever of walking away free. Or were you just referring to the death penalty?

Old 07-04-2011, 07:17 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
I think her BF, Tony, is lucky Casey did not throw him under the bus. And implicate him in Casey's death, that would have made more sense than accusing George.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime