U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-03-2011, 12:15 PM
 
Location: Ohio
15,159 posts, read 13,418,020 times
Reputation: 20593

Advertisements

Another point.........if you were going to claim accidental drowning......why drag Mr. Anthony into the scenario? That only makes the story even more unbelievable.

An ex-cop panicking in such a situation, trying to hide the body....highly unlikely.

A young mother, all alone......panicking in such a situation, trying to cover up an accidental drowning on her watch.....much more likely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-03-2011, 03:07 PM
 
Location: The New England part of Ohio
18,642 posts, read 23,224,516 times
Reputation: 48799
Does anyone else but me think that juries are really tired of hearing about sexual abuse as a reason for abysmal parenting and murder?

If Mr.Anthony did indeed sexually abuse his daughter, then why did Caylee have a room at the house? What did Casey permit her daughter to spend so much time there?

Here is my take on the Anthony family: They spoiled their daughter ROTTEN. And that's how she turned out. Did they ever say "No" to this woman? Did they ever care about her education? Did they ever think that their daughter needed to have a career and learn to be self sufficient? Did they ever think that perhaps going out to clubs, drinking and having promiscuous liaisons, one of which resulted in the birth of a child that she could neither support nor care for on her own - that this was "not the right path"? (that's a gross understatement)

Did they EVER put their foot down? Did the idea of putting the baby up for adoption so that a qualified couple could have raised this child ever enter these parents minds? I feel certain that exactly however this child's life came to and end, that she would be alive today had she been adopted by a responsible, loving couple.

The Anthony family does not strike me as being a family that is the product of entrenched, generational poverty. They seem middle class. Perhaps Casey was not a great student, but there are vocational programs and community colleges all over the country where she could have learned a trade.

I am convinced that there will be more cases such as this since unplanned pregnancies, combined with parents who are willing to spoil and enable their children seem increasingly to be the norm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2011, 04:13 PM
 
25,877 posts, read 39,135,773 times
Reputation: 13869
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Does anyone else but me think that juries are really tired of hearing about sexual abuse as a reason for abysmal parenting and murder?

If Mr.Anthony did indeed sexually abuse his daughter, then why did Caylee have a room at the house? What did Casey permit her daughter to spend so much time there?

Here is my take on the Anthony family: They spoiled their daughter ROTTEN. And that's how she turned out. Did they ever say "No" to this woman? Did they ever care about her education? Did they ever think that their daughter needed to have a career and learn to be self sufficient? Did they ever think that perhaps going out to clubs, drinking and having promiscuous liaisons, one of which resulted in the birth of a child that she could neither support nor care for on her own - that this was "not the right path"? (that's a gross understatement)

Did they EVER put their foot down? Did the idea of putting the baby up for adoption so that a qualified couple could have raised this child ever enter these parents minds? I feel certain that exactly however this child's life came to and end, that she would be alive today had she been adopted by a responsible, loving couple.

The Anthony family does not strike me as being a family that is the product of entrenched, generational poverty. They seem middle class. Perhaps Casey was not a great student, but there are vocational programs and community colleges all over the country where she could have learned a trade.

I am convinced that there will be more cases such as this since unplanned pregnancies, combined with parents who are willing to spoil and enable their children seem increasingly to be the norm.
Listen to the tapes....they are sounding scared to ask Casey what really happened and are just talking nice to her...something is clearly showing that they are scared to tell her as it is.

You are right, they never said "NO" and if they did, Casey got mad and won the battle...

casey will be locked up for life or get the needle..finally she will get what she deserves...her daughter had no chance...very sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2011, 06:26 PM
 
Location: Boise
4,425 posts, read 5,274,758 times
Reputation: 1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
How is that "Justice Served"?

It is quite clear that the woman is an Egocentric Narcissus,has No Real Remorse (partying .. knowing her baby girl was dead) and then smears her own father as well as her brother .. "claiming" that they were sicko perverts who 'abused' and 'sexually' molested her!

Yeah .. she's sick alright and like a sick dog .. Needs to be put out of her 'misery'!
how someone thinks or behaves when they're 25 is totally different to someone 45 that has been in a jail cell for 20 years to think about things..
ending her life only makes YOU feel better.. it doesn't do anything for justice.. because it's just an instant and she's gone.. no pain really.. no nothing..
We put animals down because they lack cognative abilities to process their own existance and actions.. People are more capable of this. To assume she is not is stretching the truth a little bit.. Nobody knows what 40-70 years in a jail cell will do to someone.. I can tell you this.. if she likes to party and have her fun on her terms.. it will be a rude awakening..she will be forced to live out her life in a very miserable way..
step back.. take a deep breath and really think about it.. put your pitchfork and lantern down... it's ignorance in rage.. for something that really has nothing to do with you.. it's just an occurance in the news
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2011, 06:56 PM
 
Location: Chesterfield,Virginia
4,923 posts, read 4,091,285 times
Reputation: 2637
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
how someone thinks or behaves when they're 25 is totally different to someone 45 that has been in a jail cell for 20 years to think about things..
ending her life only makes YOU feel better.. it doesn't do anything for justice.. because it's just an instant and she's gone.. no pain really.. no nothing..
We put animals down because they lack cognative abilities to process their own existance and actions.. People are more capable of this. To assume she is not is stretching the truth a little bit.. Nobody knows what 40-70 years in a jail cell will do to someone.. I can tell you this.. if she likes to party and have her fun on her terms.. it will be a rude awakening..she will be forced to live out her life in a very miserable way..
step back.. take a deep breath and really think about it.. put your pitchfork and lantern down... it's ignorance in rage.. for something that really has nothing to do with you.. it's just an occurance in the news
Who the hell are you to say that I or anyone else should have to house and feed this .. Less than an animal for the rest of her life!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2011, 07:13 PM
 
Location: The New England part of Ohio
18,642 posts, read 23,224,516 times
Reputation: 48799
I carry no pitchfork nor lantern. Not a vigilante, that's not me. But clearly Casey Anthony is an entitled, malignant narcissist. I do not think that anyone sexually abused her. I think that her every need was indulged. Her parents fault was permitting their pernicious princess to literally do nothing, and be accountable for nothing.

When she became pregnant she should have been forced to give the baby to a deserving, mature, and accomplished couple. The unplanned pregnancy should have been a turning point.

Casey should have been given an ultimatum - finish a career oriented program, get a job, go on birth control and move out! That was their fatal flaw.

And it really did turn out to be fatal for the wrong little girl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2011, 07:43 PM
 
Location: Orlando, FL
12,256 posts, read 16,201,261 times
Reputation: 6610
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I disagree. The fact that Casey Anthony was out partying after her daughter died will make the jurors dislike her immensely.
I agree. That and her lie, after lie, after lie all told with a perfectly straight face makes me not believe anything she has to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2011, 01:32 PM
 
Location: Old Town Alexandria
14,505 posts, read 23,769,243 times
Reputation: 8838
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
how someone thinks or behaves when they're 25 is totally different to someone 45 that has been in a jail cell for 20 years to think about things..
ending her life only makes YOU feel better.. it doesn't do anything for justice.. because it's just an instant and she's gone.. no pain really.. no nothing..
We put animals down because they lack cognative abilities to process their own existance and actions.. People are more capable of this. To assume she is not is stretching the truth a little bit.. Nobody knows what 40-70 years in a jail cell will do to someone.. I can tell you this.. if she likes to party and have her fun on her terms.. it will be a rude awakening..she will be forced to live out her life in a very miserable way..
step back.. take a deep breath and really think about it.. put your pitchfork and lantern down... it's ignorance in rage.. for something that really has nothing to do with you.. it's just an occurance in the news
Oh, so Susan Atkins of Manson cult would have been fine to release then Are you a forensic psychiatrist?.

If not then dont act like you can justify the actions of a sociopath. Visit justicequest.com, there are a ton of lawyers there with timeline of evidence on CA's pathology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2011, 07:01 AM
 
12,265 posts, read 18,393,933 times
Reputation: 19088
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
how someone thinks or behaves when they're 25 is totally different to someone 45 that has been in a jail cell for 20 years to think about things..
ending her life only makes YOU feel better.. it doesn't do anything for justice.. because it's just an instant and she's gone.. no pain really.. no nothing..
We put animals down because they lack cognative abilities to process their own existance and actions.. People are more capable of this. To assume she is not is stretching the truth a little bit.. Nobody knows what 40-70 years in a jail cell will do to someone.. I can tell you this.. if she likes to party and have her fun on her terms.. it will be a rude awakening..she will be forced to live out her life in a very miserable way..
step back.. take a deep breath and really think about it.. put your pitchfork and lantern down... it's ignorance in rage.. for something that really has nothing to do with you.. it's just an occurance in the news
You are rambling somewhat incoherently, and off topic in discussing and debating the death penalty. I will only debate this in terms of this case - This is a first degree murder case, the State of Florida includes the death penalty as punishment for murder. Their are murder cases that may indeed have some mitigating circumstances in which the punishment of death is not warranted, and a prison sentence instead should be issued. Based on the age of the victim, the attitude of the perpetrator, and the circumstances - this is not one of them.

Otherwise I can tell you exactly what it will be like for her in 20 years - she will be out on parole after serving her 10 to 20 for murder. My guess is that she will still be relatively young enough to continue her partying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2011, 09:32 AM
 
Location: FL
1,716 posts, read 2,623,644 times
Reputation: 1852
I don't think she'll get the death penalty and even if she does she'll probably be resentenced down the road. I don't think she'll rough it in prison either, she'll likely be popular with other inmates due to her celebrity-like status. She'll get fan mail from wackos,(she already has people who never met her sending money to her commissary account).

Looks like she's going to Lowell C.I.....not exactly a horrific place like Union C.I. or Florida State Prison the men would have to endure. There have been reports of female prisoners getting raped by male guards at Lowell but given Casey's penchant for promiscuity that won't be a problem for her. I think she's looking at the 99 year plan where they run sentences consecutive rather than concurrent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top