U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 02:05 PM

25,881 posts, read 39,166,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
That's interesting. I had heard the Anthoney's wanted to adopt Caylee but I hadn't heard Casey wanted to put her up for adoption.

I have an adult/child in my family that has similar problems as Casey's. The parents drive themselves crazy wondering what they did wrong with this one child yet they have two more grown kids that are totally responsible. I watched these kids grow up and saw no difference in the way they were raised.

I just have to believe some individuals are more prone to negative behaviour and some to positive. It can tear a family apart though, that is for sure.
I heard the same that Cindy wanted to adopt her but Casey was not allowing this and was kind of jealous....

I think it might be a combination of things...Casey wanted to be free and Casey was not allowing Caylee to start talking about the people she saw when she was with her mom and the child started to become at an age she was noticing and talking about things....Casey's lies would be unraffled sooner than later and that might be the motive..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 11:29 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,143,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I don't care about the death penalty. I just hope she is convicted. And in prison for life.
They aren't going to give this young white girl the death penalty. If it was a black guy they'd fry him up real quick. But there is no way they are going to put her on death row. I've seen it a million times. It is very rare that white women, or women in general, get the death penalty.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:31 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,943,432 times
The origianl op tilte says that the ole ;drownig mna theory is coming inot effect. That is that a drowning man will often take you down too in many cases.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:34 PM

4,923 posts, read 4,094,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
They aren't going to give this young white girl the death penalty. If it was a black guy they'd fry him up real quick. But there is no way they are going to put her on death row. I've seen it a million times. It is very rare that white women, or women in general, get the death penalty.
Why inject 'race' into this?
(Lib Huh?)

It will be because she is young AND cute .. Nothing to do with 'RACE'!

If this was Tamara Taylor or Vanessa Williams (Both beautiful black women) They would not be given the death penalty either!

Go look up .. aileen wuornos.

SHE got the death penalty .. in Florida!

Look at Her pictures and then come back and admit that your a LIB and 'Race' Baiter!

Old 06-10-2011, 03:34 PM

8,862 posts, read 14,841,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
(Lib Huh?)

If this was Tamara Taylor or Vanessa Williams (Both beautiful black women) They would not be given the death penalty either!

Look at Her pictures and then come back and admit that your a LIB and 'Race' Baiter!
she won't get the death penalty.

it won't have anything to do with ethnicity or being a young woman--

it will be because the jurors won't be able to be 'certain' of a number of things

Justice--life in prison with or without parole--death of some kind

oh what it will be like for the jurors---there will be endless discussions--each juror will have specific POV--

what i want to know is who will become the foreman---the PE teacher sounds like a good choice--I've forgotten whatever I knew about the jurors.

we should be analyzing them---they should be paid twice, 10X whatever they are being paid.

i would be licking paint off the walls in my motel room--August--they think the trial will drag on to August. thinking about how i could be sitting on a beach would make me determined to reach a decision quickly, i know that.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:18 PM

12,256 posts, read 16,208,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
(Lib Huh?)

Wasn't she a serial killer? That's the lady the movie monster was based off right? Apples & Oranges. A better example would be Darlie Routier

Old 06-11-2011, 02:07 PM

14,505 posts, read 23,779,649 times
Casey will get LWOP. if shes lucky. There are no cited cases where sex trauma in a family justifies infanticide.

FindLaw | Cases and Codes

Old 06-11-2011, 02:11 PM

I cannot believe people are talking about how the suspect "looks" her demeanor in court is that of a sociopath/narcissist. Diane Downs, the child murderer of her three young children, looked "hot " to the media. It doesnt matter to the court.

The judge does not care about that garbage.Its the media, folks. And Florida used lethal injection on Wuornos. Electric chair is archaic. It took ten years for the execution, she didnt want the appeals, but the system and governor dragged it out.

Old 06-11-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
she won't get the death penalty.

it won't have anything to do with ethnicity or being a young woman--

it will be because the jurors won't be able to be 'certain' of a number of things

Justice--life in prison with or without parole--death of some kind

oh what it will be like for the jurors---there will be endless discussions--each juror will have specific POV--

what i want to know is who will become the foreman---the PE teacher sounds like a good choice--I've forgotten whatever I knew about the jurors.

we should be analyzing them---they should be paid twice, 10X whatever they are being paid.

i would be licking paint off the walls in my motel room--August--they think the trial will drag on to August. thinking about how i could be sitting on a beach would make me determined to reach a decision quickly, i know that.
TAH thanks for the voice of reason the jury pool seems diverse, which is good for the prosecution.....They dont get paid well bcs they are doing the govt a service.....It must be horrible to be sequestered....but I think after a few weeks people do want to do the right thing...as trial Atty. Karas mentioned...they get to a point, looking at the homicide victim, they dont care about the defendant and her histrionics.....

CA pushed for "completely innocent" so it goes to trial.....any1 with a conscience, like if Cayleee had drowned accidentally would have admitted to this....a trial is very draining...only a true psychopath would drag this out to trial, state expense, search parties, LE and cadaver dogs....a normal person would have eventually told a detective....look...this happened.....

What goes around comes around. She is LWOP for sure, but if a few secret witness for pros. come forward(in Florida law discovery favors Prosecution) CA is fried.

Old 06-11-2011, 05:27 PM

8,862 posts, read 14,841,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
TAH thanks for the voice of reason the jury pool seems diverse, which is good for the prosecution.....They dont get paid well bcs they are doing the govt a service.....It must be horrible to be sequestered....but I think after a few weeks people do want to do the right thing...as trial Atty. Karas mentioned...they get to a point, looking at the homicide victim, they dont care about the defendant and her histrionics.....

CA pushed for "completely innocent" so it goes to trial.....any1 with a conscience, like if Cayleee had drowned accidentally would have admitted to this....a trial is very draining...only a true psychopath would drag this out to trial, state expense, search parties, LE and cadaver dogs....a normal person would have eventually told a detective....look...this happened.....

What goes around comes around. She is LWOP for sure, but if a few secret witness for pros. come forward(in Florida law discovery favors Prosecution) CA is fried.
I tell you--if I had a choice--I'd take the needle.

George and Cindy--what is/was wrong with the 2 of you?

This will sound 'bad' to some --but I don't want to hear about how much they loved Caylee and 'couldn't adopt her' or couldn't do something with Casey.

I don't know what it is called in FL, maybe 'Baker Act'--'a danger to yourself and others'. Yes, had they seriously wanted to do something about Casey--an attorney or mental health professional could have worked with them to do that.
http://www.robinerickson.com/bakeract.htm

I say that is George, former LE officer, who knew that such a process was possible but was more than likely 'told' by Cindy that 'This family will not do that. This family will deal with its problems.'

Irritates me to no end--nurse, former LE officer and they couldn't see their hand in front of their face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime