U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 05:46 PM

25,909 posts, read 39,205,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
I cannot believe people are talking about how the suspect "looks" her demeanor in court is that of a sociopath/narcissist. Diane Downs, the child murderer of her three young children, looked "hot " to the media. It doesnt matter to the court.

The judge does not care about that garbage.Its the media, folks. And Florida used lethal injection on Wuornos. Electric chair is archaic. It took ten years for the execution, she didnt want the appeals, but the system and governor dragged it out.
IMO she deserves the death penalty and it is IMO designed for people like her but I think the jury might give her Life without Parole....just for the reason that they feel for her parents, but than again wouldn't it be easier if she gets the death penalty...than her parents might not have to visit herafter 10-15 years....

Their lives are ruined forever, what a waste and sad life they have all because of the "all about me" daughter!
I believe the evidence is convincing and although I already had made up my mind from what I knew prior, it made my believe stronger than before even though I still had an open mind if the Prosecution would not be able to proof their case.

And as stated in another post I changed my mind about Cindy Anthony something I have heard on tv that many more people did...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 08:09 PM

8,862 posts, read 14,850,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
IMO she deserves the death penalty and it is IMO designed for people like her but I think the jury might give her Life without Parole....just for the reason that they feel for her parents, but than again wouldn't it be easier if she gets the death penalty...than her parents might not have to visit herafter 10-15 years....

Their lives are ruined forever, what a waste and sad life they have all because of the "all about me" daughter!
I believe the evidence is convincing and although I already had made up my mind from what I knew prior, it made my believe stronger than before even though I still had an open mind if the Prosecution would not be able to proof their case.

And as stated in another post I changed my mind about Cindy Anthony something I have heard on tv that many more people did...
By the time this jury convenes and hashes through all the technical testimony and circumstantial evidence--I think feelings for the Anthony's will be a low priority.

Several of the jurors appear to be 'objective'--analytical types. One is the daughter of an attorney. Such an individual can influence discussions. They will be sticking to legal issues.

There will be sufficient questions on some of the testimony and evidence to create the glimmer of reasonable doubt.

I'll bet some of them have had some challenges in their families and know of people who had fewer advantages and did what they could--more than the Anthony's apparently attempted to do.

Good grief--your daughter doesn't graduate from high school--doesn't inform you until the day before--actually it was the school that provided this information to Cindy, who had planned a party for the graduation.

What sort of parent is that unaware of her daughter's academic progress?
A serious issue to me when it comes to how the Anthony's provided parental guidance.

And then the unwed pregnancy. Now, just think about how the jurors may feel about that. Why didn't nurse Cindy counsel on birth control at least or see that she got some sort of training about the responsibilities involved in parenting after the fact.

I can't cut much slack for Cindy and George. They are not that 'helpless'. If a grandmother living in a ghetto can manage to provide such guidance for children that have parents who have completely 'disappeared'--then others can do the same.

'Caylee, we love/loved Caylee'. I say real love for Caylee would have been demonstrated by getting her mother into some sort of treatment program or possibly some sort of 'Boot Camp' for teenagers that haven't a clue.

The outcome would have been better than this.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:37 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,798,309 times
It was nice to see casey smile and laugh a little in court today. Yeah shes pure evil, but I dont know, I have compassion for anyone regardless of their wrondoings. Still think she should be put to death for what shes done though

Old 06-12-2011, 08:01 AM

18,852 posts, read 31,751,871 times
There was a show yesterday on TLC about Caylee and Casey Anthony. The Anthony's have a lot of videos of Caylee.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:25 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,628,727 times
Man , did anyone notice the look on Casey's face when Dr. G took the stand? The coverage I'm watching has a split screen where one side is always focused on Casey, the other on counsel and witness. Casey looked like Oh crap, not her, I'm screwed now. Heck the State didn't even enter Dr. G as an an expert witness, no need to.....everybody on God's green earth with a pulse knows Dr. G is an "expert".

If I'm Casey and I see Dr. G....game over, I stand up, fire my lawyers and say I'll tell you everything you want to know, just save my life and at least give me a chance at parole after 25 years.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:05 AM

1,422 posts, read 4,640,423 times
Quote:

What sort of parent is that unaware of her daughter's academic progress?
A serious issue to me when it comes to how the Anthony's provided parental guidance.

And then the unwed pregnancy. Now, just think about how the jurors may feel about that. Why didn't nurse Cindy counsel on birth control at least or see that she got some sort of training about the responsibilities involved in parenting after the fact.
I have always felt compassion for Casey's parents. Most parents do the best they can given their own personal dynamics. Look at what they DID do for her! Room and board, financial support, a car, taking care of Caylee...and on and on. True, it was enabling, but they did these things out of love and fear. And there are stories of them putting their foot down with her. And look what happened when they did.

As far as counseling on birth control and Cindy being unaware of Casey not graduating, I point no fingers at Cindy. You can lead a horse to water.... Casey is a master manipulator, headstrong and selfish. I know several (more than several, actually) kids who have loving parents who end up pregnant, arrested, or in trouble. Casey was amazing at hiding things and portraying things that were not true. I don't blame her parents for falling for it.

I feel for Cindy. She had it out with Casey that day in June 2008 and then this happened. The weight on Cindy's shoulders must be horrendous.

I sometimes (depends on the moment) have compassion for Casey as well at times. She is such a disturbed person. I believe her tears in court, the dry heaves, etc are genuine (at least during the past 2 days). She's seeing the reality of what she did. I don't know what goes on inside that mind of hers, but I bet it's not pretty. Do I think she has normal remorse? No. But something awful, or at least extremely abnormal, must be going on inside that head of hers.

This case makes me literally sick. It's so tragic.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:24 AM

18,852 posts, read 31,751,871 times
I think Casey is crying for herself. She is finally being forced to face the horrible act she performed, in minute detail. She knows she is going to have to face the consequences. Sure, Baez has sugar coated everything to keep his "rainmaker" client happy. But the party is coming to a close.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:09 PM

14,505 posts, read 23,792,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug S. 123 View Post
It was nice to see casey smile and laugh a little in court today. Yeah shes pure evil, but I dont know, I have compassion for anyone regardless of their wrondoings. Still think she should be put to death for what shes done though
I dont.

She is pure trash and needs to pay for the death of that 2 year old.

CA is not in a good situation....there are women in the jury pool...lol. And forensic anthropologists, cadaver dogs and black and white evidence does NOT go to an apellate judge. Judge Perry looks disgusted already .

Old 06-12-2011, 09:11 PM

14,505 posts, read 23,792,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

I agree on this. Prosecution is doing well, tomorrow promises some nice drama at the law office. I do feel sorry for Cindy as a parent but she needs a decent dr., IMO.

Psychologically, it was prolly hard for her to believe her own daughter could fabricate for over two years, taking the grand-daughter to parties, etc.....I still think as mentioned on justicequest....Casey had more bf or some1 who will shed more light on this...could be a surprise prosecution witness. Dr. Jan G. was quite good, as was Dr. Voss. They jury isnt stupid in this case.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:34 AM

3,173 posts, read 3,079,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug S. 123 View Post
I have a lot of compassion too but it goes down the drain when I remember her happy smiling face the whole time her daughter was laying dead in her trunk.
Not to mention that she convinced her poor mother that Caylee was alive and healthy while she drove around looking for a place to dump the body of her precious grandaughter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime