U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-13-2011, 08:37 AM
 
51,928 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Reputation: 32398

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Does anyone else but me think that juries are really tired of hearing about sexual abuse as a reason for abysmal parenting and murder?

If Mr.Anthony did indeed sexually abuse his daughter, then why did Caylee have a room at the house? What did Casey permit her daughter to spend so much time there?

Here is my take on the Anthony family: They spoiled their daughter ROTTEN. And that's how she turned out. Did they ever say "No" to this woman? Did they ever care about her education? Did they ever think that their daughter needed to have a career and learn to be self sufficient? Did they ever think that perhaps going out to clubs, drinking and having promiscuous liaisons, one of which resulted in the birth of a child that she could neither support nor care for on her own - that this was "not the right path"? (that's a gross understatement)

Did they EVER put their foot down? Did the idea of putting the baby up for adoption so that a qualified couple could have raised this child ever enter these parents minds? I feel certain that exactly however this child's life came to and end, that she would be alive today had she been adopted by a responsible, loving couple.

The Anthony family does not strike me as being a family that is the product of entrenched, generational poverty. They seem middle class. Perhaps Casey was not a great student, but there are vocational programs and community colleges all over the country where she could have learned a trade.

I am convinced that there will be more cases such as this since unplanned pregnancies, combined with parents who are willing to spoil and enable their children seem increasingly to be the norm.
^100% agree. The whole sexual abuse allegation stinks of "we've lost, let's try to get some sympathy in the sentencing."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-13-2011, 10:30 AM
 
11,682 posts, read 14,431,070 times
Reputation: 19126
I think she's going to be found guilty and get life without parole. Then I think she's going to claim that Baez did not represent her well enough because of his inexperience.

I also don't believe her "illness" was genuine. She was overplaying with the wide eyes and heavy breathing and shivering. Give me a break. She knows she's being watched. I won't believe she's sick unless I see something come up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2011, 01:19 PM
 
4,574 posts, read 7,059,483 times
Reputation: 4222
Personally, I think Casey ran the show in that house, despite how controlling everybody says Cindy is. Casey held that child over their heads..."either let me do what I want or I'll take your granddaughter away from you. You wanted me to have her"... I'm sure those words were spoken more than once. And then she finally did it, after the bad fight with Cindy...I think that's why Cindy didn't think that Caylee was in any danger at first. She knew Casey was just getting back at her. And what could she do...Casey was the mother, she was over 21 and grandparents have no rights...Casey could take Caylee wherever she wanted to. Casey used her parents just like she used everybody...

However, I do think that somebody helped her bury Caylee...I just don't see somebody like her doing this themselves. I think it might have been Lee but that's just my opinion.

I'm sure we will never know what really happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2011, 01:33 AM
 
Location: Ohio
15,164 posts, read 13,429,410 times
Reputation: 20595
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
Personally, I think Casey ran the show in that house, despite how controlling everybody says Cindy is. Casey held that child over their heads..."either let me do what I want or I'll take your granddaughter away from you. You wanted me to have her"... I'm sure those words were spoken more than once. And then she finally did it, after the bad fight with Cindy...I think that's why Cindy didn't think that Caylee was in any danger at first. She knew Casey was just getting back at her. And what could she do...Casey was the mother, she was over 21 and grandparents have no rights...Casey could take Caylee wherever she wanted to. Casey used her parents just like she used everybody...

However, I do think that somebody helped her bury Caylee...I just don't see somebody like her doing this themselves. I think it might have been Lee but that's just my opinion.

I'm sure we will never know what really happened.
I don't think the body was buried.....it was just tossed.

If Lee or George had buried the body....it would probably have been buried deep enough that it would have never been found.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2011, 05:16 AM
 
3,173 posts, read 3,076,304 times
Reputation: 3699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I don't think the body was buried.....it was just tossed.

If Lee or George had buried the body....it would probably have been buried deep enough that it would have never been found.
Yes, I hope the jury uses their common sense when it comes to the George excuse. If Cindy thought for a second that George just threw Caylee into the woods to be scattered by animals or molested Casey, I am sure she wouldn't be sitting next to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2011, 02:00 PM
 
4,574 posts, read 7,059,483 times
Reputation: 4222
sorry, didn't mean buried...I thought the body was placed under brush, or was the plastic bag just tossed into the area...gosh, that's even worse.

Could somebody clear something up for me. When Caylee was in the trunk of the car, Casey still using the car, driving it around, right? What a risk she was taking, what if she had gotten in an accident and the police opened the trunk???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2011, 02:17 PM
 
12,291 posts, read 18,409,613 times
Reputation: 19160
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I think she's going to be found guilty and get life without parole. Then I think she's going to claim that Baez did not represent her well enough because of his inexperience.

I also don't believe her "illness" was genuine. She was overplaying with the wide eyes and heavy breathing and shivering. Give me a break. She knows she's being watched. I won't believe she's sick unless I see something come up.
The defense strategy is obvious. A guilty verdict is beyond doubt, there is no chance she will go free without a lenghty prison term, everyone knows this, the defense knows this...the defense strategy is simple - keep her from getting the death penalty. Hence the otherwise pointless defenses of "she was molested" and "she was a good mother (before she killed her child). Expect the defense to build on this during the next phase - lack of premeditation.

The best outcome for the defense would be for her to get convicted of something less than first degree murder. Manslaughter, etc. Maybe she will get out in 10 or 15 years when she is middle aged. That is their entire strategy. But I think, if she doesn't get the needle, it will be considered a victory for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2011, 06:36 PM
 
Location: Old Town Alexandria
14,505 posts, read 23,777,641 times
Reputation: 8838
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
sorry, didn't mean buried...I thought the body was placed under brush, or was the plastic bag just tossed into the area...gosh, that's even worse.

Could somebody clear something up for me. When Caylee was in the trunk of the car, Casey still using the car, driving it around, right? What a risk she was taking, what if she had gotten in an accident and the police opened the trunk???
She is a narcissistic borderline personality. In her head, she felt she would not get caught. (""Im such a smart liar"...i knew some1 like this...she was nuts)

The coffin flies in the trunk are dead giveaway. CA drove around, trying to find a dump site. CA didnt care about police. She felt she could outsmart them. Thats a sign of sociopathy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2011, 07:56 AM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,165,475 times
Reputation: 22373
I am amazed at how anyone would think there has been enough hard evidence to convict Casey.

If I were on the jury, my thought so far would be . . . no one has proven a thing except Casey lies, her family unit is dysfunctional, and Caylee's body was eventually found so deteriorated that no cause of death could be determined.

Pretty scary to think so many are willing to convict another person with no real evidence as to how Caylee died and at whose hands (or on whose watch).

Seem to me that authorities could have charged Casey with something along the lines of "child endangerment" - b/c as her mother, she should have protected her, but other than that . . . there is no proof Casey Anthony killed her little girl. At least, I haven't seen it.

ETA: I do think Casey is mentally disturbed, but it appears to me her parents enabled her behaviors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2011, 09:02 AM
 
12,291 posts, read 18,409,613 times
Reputation: 19160
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I am amazed at how anyone would think there has been enough hard evidence to convict Casey.
It's a very strong circumstantial evidence case, wich is why the defense has already admitted that Casey had a hand in Caley's death (accidental or otherwise). There doesn't have to be witnesses, weapons, heck there doesn't even have to be a body. People DO get convicted with circumstantial evidence only, all the time, every day. The lack of hard evidence (i.e. witnesses) is not an issue and will not be included in the judges instructions to the jury on "reasonable doubt".

Last edited by Dd714; 06-15-2011 at 09:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top