Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 09:09 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
sorry, didn't mean buried...I thought the body was placed under brush, or was the plastic bag just tossed into the area...gosh, that's even worse.

Could somebody clear something up for me. When Caylee was in the trunk of the car, Casey still using the car, driving it around, right? What a risk she was taking, what if she had gotten in an accident and the police opened the trunk???
The bag was found in one of our many low lying areas.....swampy type land. After our seasonal rains, these areas can appear like a lake, but once the water finally recedes (and we HAVE been in a drought the past couple of years), then the land becomes dry again and grows lush vegetation.

The bag was not buried. It was tossed into one of these swampy areas. I have the same sort of terrain behind my house....and it looks like something could be hidden, but it always dries up eventually. But due to the fertility of these areas, is why plant roots wrapping themselves around the skull/bones so quickly, especially after one of the swamp critters had already opened the bag. (probably a raccoon)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 12:08 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,849,708 times
thanks for clearing up about the drop site (sadly, I don't even know what to call it at this point),

Old 06-15-2011, 02:39 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
thanks for clearing up about the drop site (sadly, I don't even know what to call it at this point),
I know, me either.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:58 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I don't believe for a moment that her father sexually abused her either. She's a psychopath.
Sexual abuse now gives one a free pass.
Indeed, shes a psychopath.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:51 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
The Caylee Anthony murder brings a social problem into view -. The permissivness of some parents and their seeming inability to cal their children on their mistakes and foibles.

The Anthony family was not alarmed when rtheir daughter - did or did not graduate from high school. High School graduation was it seems, no big deal for this family.

They were similarly unphased when their unmarried teenaged daughter became pregnant. No turning point for the Anthony's. In fact, I think that Cindy Anthony was happy about the prospect of a grandchild!

This is all so very foriegn to me. They may be nice and well intentioned people but they acted out of a selfish desire to be grandparents - BEFORE they were ever parents.

People should have children AFTER their parents are married or other wise secuee in thier relationship. Each time that I post this I am attacked. -

Old 06-16-2011, 12:59 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I am amazed at how anyone would think there has been enough hard evidence to convict Casey.

If I were on the jury, my thought so far would be . . . no one has proven a thing except Casey lies, her family unit is dysfunctional, and Caylee's body was eventually found so deteriorated that no cause of death could be determined.

Pretty scary to think so many are willing to convict another person with no real evidence as to how Caylee died and at whose hands (or on whose watch).

Seem to me that authorities could have charged Casey with something along the lines of "child endangerment" - b/c as her mother, she should have protected her, but other than that . . . there is no proof Casey Anthony killed her little girl. At least, I haven't seen it.

ETA: I do think Casey is mentally disturbed, but it appears to me her parents enabled her behaviors.
Well, if Casey wasn't so hell bent on dragging her father down with her....she may have gotten away with lesser charges than murder.

Although Casey is a prolific liar........she is not very smart.

If she had said Caylee drowned in the pool accidently.....and she, Casey, and Casey ALONE panicked.....and then lied and hid the body.....the jury may have given her the benefit of a doubt.

HOWEVER......George Anthony would NEVER have thought someone would go to jail for an accidental drowning and then dump Caylee's body out in swamp land AFTER carrying it around in a car for days.

AND another point......Casey couldn't call 911 and claim accidental drowning because of the chloroform the authorities would have found on/in Caylee's body. Caylee didn't drown.

So......there goes "reasonable doubt" out the window.

I think Casey will get Life Without Parole......because there IS a small amount of doubt about whether she killed Caylee accidently or on purpose.

I think she either overdosed Caylee and accidently killed her with the chloroform......and then put the tape over her nose and mouth to try to stop the fluids that had started to ooze out.......

Or.....she chloroformed Caylee to keep her still while she deliberately smothered her with the tape.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:00 AM

1,424 posts, read 5,337,516 times
Can someone help me out with info about this case? Last night on Nancy Grace or one of those shows, they mentioned BRIEFLY a syringe found at the site where Caylee was found. What did I miss? Is this really true? If so, can someone share the details? Thanks.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:25 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
Can someone help me out with info about this case? Last night on Nancy Grace or one of those shows, they mentioned BRIEFLY a syringe found at the site where Caylee was found. What did I miss? Is this really true? If so, can someone share the details? Thanks.
Yes a syringe with chloroform inside a Gatorade bottle was found next to the remains. The prosecutors did not bring this into evidence supposedly because the syringe also had remnants of testosterone on it. I my mind, Casey probable got her hands on a used syringe from one of her male friends.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:39 PM

389 posts, read 777,044 times
I would have replied to this topic a lot earlier if I haven't been so busy. I'm very passionate about the case since it hits home for me.

I'll say this. The defense can say anything they want. Seems they have an answer for everything at this point. For example, the car smells like a corpse. Everyone who smelled the car confermed that fact. What does the defense say? "It was rotting garbage." Hmmm ... how convenient that this garbage happened to be rotting in the trunk of Casey's car, smelling like a dead body, right around the time Caylee was missing and, as we know now, dead. Today the defense began their case, and they dragged up an investagater who tested Casey's car for traces of blood. Well woopty doo, no blood was found! What does that prove, you tell me. That mother of the year Casey Anthony didn't stab the baby to death in the car? And apparently we have no cause of death. The investagaters who took samples of the air in the trunk found big amounts of chloroform and decomposing flesh in the air. And isn't it funny how the baby was found with a big ol piece of tape over her mouth and nose. It's also proven that this mother put her baby to sleep with chloroform so she could go out partying.

Now, with that said, the defense saying that Casey Anthony was sexually abused is a last-ditch effort for her to save her own ass. And it doesn't stop there, no, not only is she so obviously trying to save her hide, but she's throwing her own father under the bus to do it. Her father, who obviously had a loving relationship with his daughter in the jale tapes they showed, and her brother, who clearly had a similar relationship. Suddenly, out of the blue, oh Lord she's been abused. Poor Casey, let's believe she's crazy and didn't know any better, and that this partying after her daughter's alledged drowning is a reflex she was raised with.

Ok, let's say that's the case, which if the abuse was really that bad I assure you she wouldn't have even been allowed near her father or brother at all after the age of 13 as they say. But let's just say it's true. Now I've gotta get-out-of-jale-free card to go kill my child, say she was kidnapped by a nanny who never existed, then say she drowned and the reason I lied is because my father sexually abused me as a kid. Does it not sound rediculous? If not, let me throw this one in: George Anthony found the drowned body of the granddaughter who he was proven to love very much, and he threw it at his daughter and said "Don't tell anyone, say the fake nanny took her." An X cop, and an obvious devoted grandfather.

So as to the original post and the other people who seem to think there's no evidence convicting her, and that this stupid, idiotic defense is believable beyond any thought of a doubt, I really can't see how this is possible. I don't know if she'll get the death penalty, but that jury is not stupid. That jury will make sure she pays for what she did, she's so obviously guilty. The reason I don't think the death penalty is reasonable is because I agree, the state hasn't proven any type of meditation in this murder. But I believe, and it's very clear, that she did it. Maybe at the spur of the moment, but she did it. And she may feel guilty now, but you see that B*tch in the cort room and you just know. All she's worried about now is saving her own hide, or if she can't, pulling anyone she can down with her. Bottom line.

Jessie

Old 06-16-2011, 05:40 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Now they are insinuating that George was Galleys Father. Poor Casey is just taking the fall for everything...Casey was molested, Casey is on trial for the death of Caylee--when it was really George who found Galley dead--and Casey is taking the fall for that.

Does anyone really see Casey as a "martyr"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime