U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 04:24 PM

8,862 posts, read 14,870,446 times

Advertisements

Very confused.

--on June 8, 2008?--Casey and George were at home with Caylee. Sometime around 1PM--before George left for work at 2:30PM--Caylee drowned in the swimming pool.

--from the tapes/investigation today--I think the date referenced was June 25, 2008---she said the last time she saw Caylee she was on the steps on an apartment complex handing her over to a babysitter.

What have I missed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 04:31 PM

4,579 posts, read 7,085,014 times
yes, I did a little research. In the Urban dictionary, Xanax pills are called zannie bars. Apparently is very common term among the young/drug culture. She really made a fool out of her mother.

Last edited by loveautumn; 06-02-2011 at 04:49 PM..

Old 06-02-2011, 04:49 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,586,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
The only point I was making in the previous post was that it is entirely believable Zanny= Xanax.
I agree that this theory is very plausible when one considers the ramification of covering up the misdeed. The understanding of culpability with manslaughter regardless...would then result in hiding the body in panic.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:54 PM

25,994 posts, read 39,295,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
yes, I did a little research. In the Urban dictionary, Xanax pills are called zannie bars. Apparently is very common term among the young/drug culture. She really made a fool out of her mother.
Wow we keep learning more and more...unfortunately we don't learn the good things but the sick things.

This girl is messed up like she is 100 years old...and all this in only 22 years on this earth...and I don't mean to say people who are 100 are crazy but all these lies seems like she has lived a 100 years...

How can someone sit across from police officers and still keep lying and going on and on...if this jury doesn't get it by now, than I don't know anymore what is good and what is bad in some peoples mind. This should be a clear case.

Old 06-02-2011, 06:44 PM

6,595 posts, read 6,852,221 times
When Casey Anthony is convicted it will be overturned on appeal due to ineffectve counsel. Baez is in way over his head and he should have been running to the DA to cut a deal two years ago!! Baez has made the key to his defense Caseys claim of molestation which only she can testify to (otherwise all the jury heard was George deny it),which means she has to take the stand. Any defense attorney worth a dime would never back their client into a corner where they have to testify! Add to that she is an admitted liar!!Yikes!

Old 06-02-2011, 08:17 PM

1,231 posts, read 894,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
When Casey Anthony is convicted it will be overturned on appeal due to ineffective counsel. Baez is in way over his head and he should have been running to the DA to cut a deal two years ago!! Baez has made the key to his defense Caseys claim of molestation which only she can testify to (otherwise all the jury heard was George deny it),which means she has to take the stand. Any defense attorney worth a dime would never back their client into a corner where they have to testify! Add to that she is an admitted liar!!Yikes!
Maybe that is Baez's strategy. He can't appear to be purposefully ineffective or negligent, but he can walk a fine line- and maybe he figures that's the best he can do for this particular client. Who knows what on earth he is thinking while throwing out these thus far unsubstantiated muddy scenarios- and hoping something sticks to the wall!

Old 06-02-2011, 09:04 PM

8,862 posts, read 14,870,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
Maybe that is Baez's strategy. He can't appear to be purposefully ineffective or negligent, but he can walk a fine line- and maybe he figures that's the best he can do for this particular client. Who knows what on earth he is thinking while throwing out these thus far unsubstantiated muddy scenarios- and hoping something sticks to the wall!
I wondered about that. Also, today he made 2 motions to have the tapes kept out of court--which were denied. The deadline for filing such motions was Dec 31, IIRC. I believe there is another legal rationale for waiting but I would think that it would be better to be safe than sorry particularly in this type of case.

Old 06-03-2011, 07:41 AM

5,453 posts, read 7,364,733 times
I think Baez is doing his best to make CA look like an abused child, thus her personality. He can't make her look good, she has done too much lying to take that away. I think he is trying to take the death penality out of the verdict and just get CA jail time. She will not get off "not guilty", those tapes yesterday shown to the jury sealed that. He has a plan, of that I am sure.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:50 AM

11,203 posts, read 10,264,742 times
If her attorney wants the death penalty off the table, have her plead guilty to voluntary manslaughter. There's too much circumstantial evidence pointing to her involvement. Hard to prove premeditation, though. Unless they throw in the whole internet searches on breaking necks, poisons and whatever else they found on her computer.

Peterson's time and tides search for Discovery Bay was a huge piece of evidence against him. Claimed to be looking up the best time for fishing but funny how his wife's body turns up in a close proximity. By itself, no one piece of information points to guilt but add 'em all up.

Casey's attorney has his work cut out for him.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:33 AM

5,453 posts, read 7,364,733 times
But what if..........CA WON'T plead guilty of anything? This would be his best defense to attempt to save her neck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime