U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-03-2011, 11:43 AM
 
11,186 posts, read 10,246,643 times
Reputation: 20636

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
But what if..........CA WON'T plead guilty of anything? This would be his best defense to attempt to save her neck.

Yup. And that's his job ... to save her neck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-03-2011, 01:53 PM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,783,040 times
Reputation: 26119
What kind of defense can you make with a compulsive liar, who is a child killer? Deflect, Re-direct, and create sympathy for her. She is not a child killer, she is a victim...I don't buy it...and I doubt the jury will either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2011, 03:18 PM
 
1,422 posts, read 4,645,071 times
Reputation: 1923
Assuming it's not true (and I don't believe it for a minute), Casey's defense theory is the most despicable and cruel thing I can imagine, other than Casey killing her daughter.

She and/or Jose chose this theory to save her a$$ while further hurting, as if they hadn't already been destroyed, Casey's parents and her brother. Those parents cared for Casey, stood by her when she had a baby and no means of support, stood by her through this ordeal (not saying they CONDONED HER ACTIONS, but stood by her), and suffered their own unbearable grief over the loss of their beloved granddaughter, knowing in their hearts that their daughter killed her.

What more could she do to destroy any living soul who cared for her? Nothing. She has destroyed so many lives. I don't care whether she gets death or life, I just care that she doesn't ever procreate again.

Last edited by didee; 06-03-2011 at 04:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2011, 04:00 PM
 
Location: Beautiful TN!
5,453 posts, read 7,361,141 times
Reputation: 5652
But we don't know the full truth, maybe they ok'd this in order to save her a#$. I do recall after (I believe it was after) Caylee's body was found the parents saying that they would do anything to save Casey.......maybe they are. Their name is already dirty in FL, most people never like Cindy's attitude, we just don't know how far this family is willing to go. Have any of us watching the trial heard George, Cindy or Lee say anything bad about Casey, listen they word what they say very carefully. Anyway I don't know just a theory and probably a lame one but we just don't know.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2011, 05:13 PM
 
3,173 posts, read 3,082,722 times
Reputation: 3699
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
But we don't know the full truth, maybe they ok'd this in order to save her a#$. I do recall after (I believe it was after) Caylee's body was found the parents saying that they would do anything to save Casey.......maybe they are. Their name is already dirty in FL, most people never like Cindy's attitude, we just don't know how far this family is willing to go. Have any of us watching the trial heard George, Cindy or Lee say anything bad about Casey, listen they word what they say very carefully. Anyway I don't know just a theory and probably a lame one but we just don't know.........
I think you are right, it is just a suggestion by the defense and not anything they can prove. I can see George and Cindy doing it to save her life. I don't think they can get over the fact that she knew Caylee was dead the whole time though.
They were hated for all of this time so why care if you are hated for something that will save your daughters life.
I certainly don't think any of it is true but it will probably get her off along with the fact that I just heard the expert testify to smelling decomposition in the car but canNOT say if it was HUMAN!!!
Not looking good in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2011, 05:19 PM
 
Location: tampa bay
6,589 posts, read 6,842,807 times
Reputation: 9861
The problem Baez has as an attorney is he can't put Casey on the stand if he knows she is going to lie. He could lose his license to practice law!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2011, 05:29 PM
 
5,499 posts, read 4,581,567 times
Reputation: 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
Assuming it's not true (and I don't believe it for a minute), Casey's defense theory is the most despicable and cruel thing I can imagine, other than Casey killing her daughter.

She and/or Jose chose this theory to save her a$$ while further hurting, as if they hadn't already been destroyed, Casey's parents and her brother. Those parents cared for Casey, stood by her when she had a baby and no means of support, stood by her through this ordeal (not saying they CONDONED HER ACTIONS, but stood by her), and suffered their own unbearable grief over the loss of their beloved granddaughter, knowing in their hearts that their daughter killed her.

What more could she do to destroy any living soul who cared for her? Nothing. She has destroyed so many lives. I don't care whether she gets death or life, I just care that she doesn't ever procreate again.
Evil knows no bound.
In my lifetime...I have read or witnessed beforehand many evil deeds perpetrated by people who have never developed a "conscience."
These are the type of people who display narcissistic tendencies and would go to any lengths to get instant gratification for what they perceive to be owed to them, regardless of how and who they get it from.

The travesty of love breaks my heart as well!

Why this is...science is yet to find out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2011, 05:31 PM
 
25,956 posts, read 39,251,559 times
Reputation: 13935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
The problem Baez has as an attorney is he can't put Casey on the stand if he knows she is going to lie. He could lose his license to practice law!
Please explain why he could loose his license? Do you think she will tell that Baez told her to lie?...Interesting...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2011, 08:00 PM
 
1,422 posts, read 4,645,071 times
Reputation: 1923
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Please explain why he could loose his license? Do you think she will tell that Baez told her to lie?...Interesting...
In short, an attorney can't allow a client to knowingly commit perjury. There are steps the attorney must take if he can't convince the client to testify honestly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2011, 07:05 AM
 
Location: Beautiful TN!
5,453 posts, read 7,361,141 times
Reputation: 5652
Hence her not taking the stand, I will almost guarantee that she won't!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top