Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 04:06 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,617 times

Advertisements

The defense is saying Casey and George were looking all over the place for Caylee, even in the closets.
The thing that is bothering me, surely if Caylee DID manage to get outside and DID manage to get into the pool (which I doubt) but IF she did?
Surely they would have seen an open door while they were searching, I am sure little Caylee would not have shut the door behind her.
If your little toddler was missing, wouldn't you check the doors before checking the closets and under the beds?
I would but maybe I am weird, this seems to me the big mistake they forgot to mention during their "explaination" of what REALLY happened.
What do you guys think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 04:29 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
I know when my little sugar "escaped" at age 2.5, I did not expect him to walk out the door, and cross the street by himself. The thought never even occurred to me that he would do that by himself. I looked all over the house, under the bed, in closets, bathroom...yelled, I could not believe he was not in the house. Then, I did go outside, on the porch, and saw the little precious, sugar, playing across the street...I honestly had to sit down, and think about how much I really loved him, because I so mad...it was a combo feeling of elation, for finding the darling, and anger, for him making me crazy. And now that I think back...the front door was closed, which is why I did not think he was outside.

Last edited by jasper12; 05-31-2011 at 04:31 PM.. Reason: edit.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:28 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,508,599 times
My understanding is the defense can give any explanation they want, it is up to the prosecution to prove it wrong, and to prove their case. (This is true for any trial). Remember, even if the defense strategy is so bizarre it doesn't make sense, all it takes is one "reasonable doubt" of the prosecution's theory in a juror to render a defendant "not guilty" or to have a hung jury.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:16 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
The defense is saying Casey and George were looking all over the place for Caylee, even in the closets.
The thing that is bothering me, surely if Caylee DID manage to get outside and DID manage to get into the pool (which I doubt) but IF she did?
Surely they would have seen an open door while they were searching, I am sure little Caylee would not have shut the door behind her.
If your little toddler was missing, wouldn't you check the doors before checking the closets and under the beds?
I would but maybe I am weird, this seems to me the big mistake they forgot to mention during their "explaination" of what REALLY happened.
What do you guys think?
I remember when I took my kids on vacation to FL and my then 2 year old got out before my son and I woke up and I couldn't find her. She was in the hot tub with a young couple. She had closed the heavy hotel door behind her.

If you're in a panic, you're not going to look at the doors, you're going to look under beds, closets, etc. first and then AFTER that, then look at the doors and outside.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:01 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,617 times
I guess it is just me then, my grandaughter is 4 and she never shuts the door when we go outside. If they had a 4 ft pool in the backyard, I would check that first because that is what I would be afraid of the most. I would think outside before closets and under beds because Caylee had so much in the yard. She had a whole world in her yard. If George WAS in on the search, I think he would have gone outside first because Caylee use to wake him up asking for him to take her into the pool.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:08 PM

5,013 posts, read 10,694,159 times
Casey Anthony's story really doesn't jibe with her actions. If your toddler drowned in a pool, why would you put her body in the trunk of the car?! Wouldn't you call an ambulance ASAP so that they could try to revive her?!

Not if you had killed her. Her defense is simply the best that she could come up with: an excuse that would merit some explanation for all of the clues and evidence rather than the truth, which would convict her.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:47 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,849,708 times
of course, I don't believe this story...but as we cross into fantasyland, I guess the theory is that Caylee was found in the pool and it was obvious that she was already dead, that George was holding her limp, dead body and "took care of it". Maybe putting her into the playhouse 1st and then eventually somebody put her in the car.

The defense will have to expand on this story because they used it in opening statements (the bombshell) and the jury will expect some realistic proof that this happened, not just "cause Casey said so". If they are going to let her off on this theory, they are going to want to know what really happened from the horse's mouth with some proof (and cross examination). They opened up Pandora's box here and now they almost have to put Casey on the stand, also because of the molestation charges that she is using as the "abuse excuse". Sorry, it didn't work for the Menendez brothers and it isn't going to work for her either.

They way she was looking at her mother yesterday didn't win her any points with the jury, IMO.

Didn't one of her friends testify yesterday that she used Zanax to keep Caylee quieter while she was with the friends...I thought I heard that???

Old 06-01-2011, 01:33 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
I only catch a piece of fyi here and there.

The whole thing about Caylee drowning in the pool and being hidden by George--doesn't make much sense--how can the odor in the car be explained for one thing? It is documented that George worked from 2:30 to 9:30PM --which didn't leave much time to find the body and hide it--in the woods?

Leonard Padilla, Equsearch I think, said Casey ran out of Zanax and tried to make Chloroform at home---accidentally overdosed Caylee because she didn't know what she was doing.

Old 06-01-2011, 01:55 PM

2,240 posts, read 5,859,250 times
And if she did accidentally drown in the pool, why did they put three piece of duct tape on her mouth and bury her in the woods?

Old 06-01-2011, 03:30 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,849,708 times
She had to make it look like a kidnapping (Zanny) or 'somebody else did it", hence the duct tape, plastic bag, buried in ground, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime