U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 08:32 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,625,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Using atty stationery to the jail? Thats a prosecutable offense. How do you know that? are you in Orlando?
I'll have to find the link......I just googled Casey Anthony's jail cell and there was a brief article stating that Cindy wanted to get a card to Casey and that Casey's mail was heavily scrutinized. The article stated that even though Casey's atty mail was confidential she still had to open it in front of jail staff and there was a card in atty stationary. The article further said that Cindy had told some folks that the jail was "after her' for getting the card to Casey but the jail just let it slide.

I'm about an hour away from Orlando, although I primarily get Tampa Bay area TV stations, I do get one Orlando station that is broadcasting the trial in it's entirety and at least one Bay area station is covering it to. I'm curious what people out of this area are viewing.......do you get full trial coverage or is it on CourtTv or another station in your area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 05:01 PM

665 posts, read 864,465 times
Never thought I would feel sorry for her too. When she was on the stand it was heart breaking.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:10 PM

8,862 posts, read 14,841,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7165red View Post
Never thought I would feel sorry for her too. When she was on the stand it was heart breaking.
the thing that puzzles me and perhaps there are reasons why this bit of information hasn't been publicized---if Casey was 'so troubled' why weren't they doing whatever might be necessary to obtain help.

It certainly sounds like she could have been deemed 'a danger to herself and others' several years before all this happened.

I empathize with her parents but in this point in time if you have someone with 'exceptional needs' it just seems reasonable to seek help.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:26 PM

14,505 posts, read 23,779,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
I'll have to find the link......I just googled Casey Anthony's jail cell and there was a brief article stating that Cindy wanted to get a card to Casey and that Casey's mail was heavily scrutinized. The article stated that even though Casey's atty mail was confidential she still had to open it in front of jail staff and there was a card in atty stationary. The article further said that Cindy had told some folks that the jail was "after her' for getting the card to Casey but the jail just let it slide.

I'm about an hour away from Orlando, although I primarily get Tampa Bay area TV stations, I do get one Orlando station that is broadcasting the trial in it's entirety and at least one Bay area station is covering it to. I'm curious what people out of this area are viewing.......do you get full trial coverage or is it on CourtTv or another station in your area?
trutv- Courttv via satellite-you have to just mute it when the commentators are on..."attys are in sidebar"... "yes another sidebar"..

HLN has it on all day as well, but too many commercials.

Old 06-09-2011, 05:21 AM

13,821 posts, read 18,794,708 times
yeah I know my area of Ohio we get it on the internet live . that is the only way I knew that geraldo rivera was in the courtroom . I saw him in the second row and a bunch of other well known faces too I might add . I do think cindy is someone to feel sorry for because she has had to deal with casey for a while .

Old 06-09-2011, 05:55 AM

18,852 posts, read 31,722,131 times
Cindy created this mess! There is parental responsibility and accountability. Just like the Columbine killers--those parents KNEW their kids had issues, and chose to ignore them, because it was a reality that screwed up their "image" as the perfect family, with no problems.

Come on, wake up...daughter says she works since 2006, and never had a job? And the parents say they did not know? Who paid for the car? Parents who made car insurance payment? Parentswho gave Casey money and fully supported her and her child? Parents. Not buying that they did not know, yes, Casey is a fantastic, gifted liar. But she had no job, and no money. That is not something easy to explain away.

Her parents ignored dealing with her, and focused on little Caylee.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:29 AM

8,862 posts, read 14,841,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Cindy created this mess! There is parental responsibility and accountability. Just like the Columbine killers--those parents KNEW their kids had issues, and chose to ignore them, because it was a reality that screwed up their "image" as the perfect family, with no problems.

Come on, wake up...daughter says she works since 2006, and never had a job? And the parents say they did not know? Who paid for the car? Parents who made car insurance payment? Parentswho gave Casey money and fully supported her and her child? Parents. Not buying that they did not know, yes, Casey is a fantastic, gifted liar. But she had no job, and no money. That is not something easy to explain away.

Her parents ignored dealing with her, and focused on little Caylee.
agreed.

It is wonderful that the grandparents loved and cared for Caylee but that adds another layer of 'dysfunction' to the mix.

Drop out of school, get pregnant --at the very least Casey should have been enrolled in some program to help such individuals learn to take care of a child.

It is conceivable to me that Cindy wouldn't allow something like that.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:38 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,625,915 times
^^^^Ageed, and I'll never understand how Cindy and George can observe the comings and goings of Casey and have her and Caylee under their roof and not start getting suspicious after say maybe, 3 days. What, did Casey all of the sudden just start lying June 2008?

I'm curious as to who was claiming Caylee as a dependent on thier tax returns. I would suspect Cindy and George were entilted to claim Caylee as a dependent and recieve EIC and Child Tax credit which could bring them a significant return. If I'm not mistaken regardless of who claimed Caylee, IRS rules stipulate you must have provided care to the child for a 6 month period in 2008 to get maximum return.......odd how she dissappears 5 1/2 months into 08 but is reported missing at 6 1/2 months.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
^^^^Ageed, and I'll never understand how Cindy and George can observe the comings and goings of Casey and have her and Caylee under their roof and not start getting suspicious after say maybe, 3 days. What, did Casey all of the sudden just start lying June 2008?

I'm curious as to who was claiming Caylee as a dependent on thier tax returns. I would suspect Cindy and George were entilted to claim Caylee as a dependent and recieve EIC and Child Tax credit which could bring them a significant return. If I'm not mistaken regardless of who claimed Caylee, IRS rules stipulate you must have provided care to the child for a 6 month period in 2008 to get maximum return.......odd how she dissappears 5 1/2 months into 08 but is reported missing at 6 1/2 months.
Are you implying that they waited to report her missing so that they could collect on the tax return ? do you know how sick that sounds ? God I hope you are not right cause that would mean that all of this family is twisted and sick and dysfunctional at the least . eww ...

Old 06-09-2011, 08:08 AM

why do ppl always assume that it is the parents fault when kids go bad ? It is not always. As for me you raise your kids the best you can and hope for the best . Sometimes it just does not turn out good . It is not always the parents fault . I wonder how all of us would do under such circumstances as for me , I dont think I could get past the fact that I raised some child who could do something so monsterous and God help me they would have to lock me up because I would be livid at the thought of what I might do to her or him if they ever hurt their own child .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or