U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 10:14 AM

18,852 posts, read 31,708,488 times

Advertisements

It is not a parent's fault when a kid goes bad, but the issues and family dynamics that contibuted to the kid going bad are the parents reponsibility. I believe Casey was jealous of the attention Caylee received. And Caylee was the main reason she could not go out and party. Her parents told Casey she had to take care of her child, they should have said, "fine, leave but leave Caylee here." That was not an option for Casey. So she made her own alternative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 10:20 AM

8,862 posts, read 14,836,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
It is not a parent's fault when a kid goes bad, but the issues and family dynamics that contibuted to the kid going bad are the parents reponsibility. I believe Casey was jealous of the attention Caylee received. And Caylee was the main reason she could not go out and party. Her parents told Casey she had to take care of her child, they should have said, "fine, leave but leave Caylee here." That was not an option for Casey. So she made her own alternative.
it has to be so much more complicated

There is something wrong with Casey. It just can't be explained in 'laymen's' terms.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:46 AM

Family dynamics and complex personalities are not simple. Agreed, Casey Anthony is just wired wrong.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:02 AM

25,880 posts, read 39,149,162 times
This morning I heard the lawyer for the family explaining a little bit more why Cindy and George reacted as they did when Caylee was missing and when they were intevied by the media...he made sense and having seen their testimonies I feel that this family is not involved but was dealing with a bad rotten apple who was more rotten than they ever could think....very sad.

Caysee will hopefully get what she deserves and that is the death penalty and fast so the family doesn't have to deal with visiting and can end this horrible era.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:26 AM

Death Penalty does not equal "fast". But you are correct, that will be sad for Cindy Anthony to see her daughter put to death for this crime. Just for her Mother, I almost feel like she should get a prison term of 40 plus years. Not sure what would be less stress for the family.

Glad this is not my daughter. My Daughter is 18, and we discussed this case the other day, and I told her, "look, if you ever get tired of your kid, just give it to your Dad, don't kill it. " My DD started laughing, she is like, "Mom, I would never do that!"...I know...but maybe it just needed to be said. who knows?

Note, I told her to give any children to her Father, not me. Also, she does not have any children.

Last edited by jasper12; 06-09-2011 at 11:27 AM.. Reason: edit

Old 06-09-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Death Penalty does not equal "fast". But you are correct, that will be sad for Cindy Anthony to see her daughter put to death for this crime. Just for her Mother, I almost feel like she should get a prison term of 40 plus years. Not sure what would be less stress for the family.

Glad this is not my daughter. My Daughter is 18, and we discussed this case the other day, and I told her, "look, if you ever get tired of your kid, just give it to your Dad, don't kill it. " My DD started laughing, she is like, "Mom, I would never do that!"...I know...but maybe it just needed to be said. who knows?

Note, I told her to give any children to her Father, not me. Also, she does not have any children.
I agree. What would be worse for her parents--death penalty or life in prison?

I think it's going to be Life in Prison. Doesn't Judge BP have to decide that?

Anything I ever knew about legal matters seems to have left my mind.

lol--I was once a paralegal, civil--wouldn't have considered criminal for all the tea in china.

Shakespeare--law, justice>>>
'The quality of mercy is not strain'd,
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest:
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes.'

~~~
'In law, what plea so tainted and corrupt But being season'd with a gracious voice Obscures the show of evil?'

-The Merchant of Venice. Act iii. Sc. 2.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:10 PM

13,821 posts, read 18,783,357 times
Quote:

This is so good to hear jasper that you have a good relationship with your daughter . I also have a good relationship with my kids too and I talk to them all the time especially when something like this hits the headlines . and they are like your daughter in that respect , mom would never do that thing . Im glad I can talk to my kids , some parents cant and that I find disturbing as well .

Old 06-09-2011, 02:00 PM

25,880 posts, read 39,149,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
This is so good to hear jasper that you have a good relationship with your daughter . I also have a good relationship with my kids too and I talk to them all the time especially when something like this hits the headlines . and they are like your daughter in that respect , mom would never do that thing . Im glad I can talk to my kids , some parents cant and that I find disturbing as well .
I have 2 kids and talk to them about this all the time....I used to be the only one interested in this case now we all are since this is such a weird case...this girl is only 2 years older than mine ( I think Casey is 23 by now...not sure) and we all can't understand how she could become such a "good" "sick" liar...I saw a expert on tv yesterday who clearly stated she for sure hasn't been abused by her father and brother...I have heard others stating they think she is...but nothing has convinced me of that and hearing that Casey never mentioned it in her diaries but only in one letter when she was in jail, makes me think it is all made up.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I have 2 kids and talk to them about this all the time....I used to be the only one interested in this case now we all are since this is such a weird case...this girl is only 2 years older than mine ( I think Casey is 23 by now...not sure) and we all can't understand how she could become such a "good" "sick" liar...I saw a expert on tv yesterday who clearly stated she for sure hasn't been abused by her father and brother...I have heard others stating they think she is...but nothing has convinced me of that and hearing that Casey never mentioned it in her diaries but only in one letter when she was in jail, makes me think it is all made up.
Casey has some profound issues.

It was ridiculous for Baez to think he could make a case for 'sexual abuse.'

Dr. Drew is going about analyzing her problems the right way.

She doesn't fit the profile of someone who has experienced that sort of 'trauma'. There is just no other way to say it.

It is so complicated--maybe one of the most complicated cases to be tried, ever.

I don't pretend to understand the legal definitions or how said definitions of 'mental competency' are derived but those that understand 'the criminal mind' can make the distinctions with clarity.

She is 'mentally ill' but competent--her defense team is 'doing what it can' to defend her indefensible actions.

All of the tidbits that trickle out about this case aren't really doing that much good as far as informing the public.

I think you have to look at people like Hannibal Lechter--'Silence of the Lambs' to even approach understanding what may be wrong with Casey.

If we could only hear from a psychiatrist that specializes in this particular area I think her behavior would make more sense.

It is likely that we will hear from such people when the trial is over. They can't talk about it---prejudicial influence, etc until then.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:22 PM

14,505 posts, read 23,773,640 times
Quote:
Its a case by case thing. Cindy though while I am sorry she has such a monster for a daughter, is an intelligent person who had some idea of the b.s. Casey was feeding them.

She was hypervigilant with the press, which to me seemed to be overcompensation. She is covering up.....I think she just wanted "a normal american family" and couldnt face what Casey had really done...til she was faced with true and unquestionable forensic facts.

They exemplify whats wrong with american society today, which is why ratings have skyrocketed....sad, but true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or