U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 04:23 PM

665 posts, read 870,402 times

Advertisements

I didn't like CA before the trail she came off so combative. When she took the stand I felt so sorry for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 04:30 PM

8,862 posts, read 14,913,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7165red View Post
I didn't like CA before the trail she came off so combative. When she took the stand I felt so sorry for her.
eh--She is a control freak--nuff said. 'The Lioness'--will protect her family.

I caught a clip of ? some occasion when Lee was speaking with Cindy and George in the background--possibly the memorial service.

'This family is united'---and so on and so forth. I'll bet Lee has some 'feelings' about Mom, too. At least he had enough sense or determination to distance himself from the chaos.

Nothing that interesting about them. Another version of Jon and Kate.

It is pathetic--the entire situation. I have known a number of people in their position, in some form or another. All anyone can say is--'Stay Strong' and things like that.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:38 PM

26,114 posts, read 39,465,454 times
I agree with most of you but what and how would you react if for years you were to believe that there is a Zeneida and other people even without having seen them but hearing stories about them...

My daughter is in College and I don't know half of them since she is Out of State but I did see pictures, but what if after years most of the stories are lies and nothing is left of what was told to you...I think everybody will get confused, angry and hopeless and than the media at the same questioning you, your child and your grand child is missing...that is a lot to swollow.

Not all the media might say is true and can be harsh...I have been there and know what it is when the media is writing what others are saying and you know it is not true and it is about your family.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I agree with most of you but what and how would you react if for years you were to believe that there is a Zeneida and other people even without having seen them but hearing stories about them...

My daughter is in College and I don't know half of them since she is Out of State but I did see pictures, but what if after years most of the stories are lies and nothing is left of what was told to you...I think everybody will get confused, angry and hopeless and than the media at the same questioning you, your child and your grand child is missing...that is a lot to swollow.

Not all the media might say is true and can be harsh...I have been there and know what it is when the media is writing what others are saying and you know it is not true and it is about your family.
Look--Cindy 'knew' her daughter.

She is a strong willed woman, proud--this was humiliating. She went on the defensive--a very human response.

Cindy can live with her decisions just as the rest of us have to do.

One thing I notice about Cindy--she believes she is 'Right'. My way or the highway---some of Casey's problems are because of her parents--that is how it works. The rest of the problems are Casey's.

If anything of value can be extracted from this colossal mess it should be --understand yourself--warts and all and look at what you are doing. If there seems to be the proverbial 'Elephant in the Room'--get yourself out there and find someone who can provide appropriate guidance and support.

when the gavel comes down --that will be It.

Certainly, this is difficult to accept. There is support for grief of all kinds. I wish the Anthony's well in whatever may be the next chapter in their lives.

If it sounds harsh--that is just reality. I have talked with parents of students who made seriously wrong choices. It is a profound experience for anyone.

If those from lower socioeconomic groups have to deal with this and many of them are 'better parents', even with limitations of all kinds--then the Anthony's will have to do this, too.

Children raised in abject poverty, exposed to all manner of criminal activity can still rise above the muck and the mire. Casey---well, had she been my daughter she would have been institutionalized if there was no other way to reason with her.

time to smell the coffee all across this nation

There should not have to be such a trial. jmo.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:18 AM

now that my head is clearer--thinking about dysfunction gives me dysfunction--lol

The Anthony's have a fine case of 'Codependence'. I don't know why Dr.Drew or someone hasn't just said this.

They are 'enmeshed'--feeding off each other. It seems to me that 'everyone' has a problem and the dramas never end. Sometimes the focus is on George--gambling, and an affair?

Sometimes it is Casey--probably always Casey, in addition to whatever else is going on.

Cindy--the one who 'does everything for everybody else, because she is strong if no one else is'---the conductor in this orchestra of chaos.
~~
Problems do not go away. They must be worked through or else they remain, forever a barrier to the growth and development of the spirit.
M. Scott Peck

~~~

Read more: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...#ixzz1Ot3eCXZC

I read the book--'The Road Less Traveled' by M. Scott Peck.

If anyone is interested 'codependence' it is explained in this book as well as it has every been explained.

The Road Less Travelled by M. Scott Peck (Gurteen Knowledge)
http://www.onlinecounseling.org/books_and_more.htm

Some of his thoughts/quotes on overcoming all the 's'.
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...cott_peck.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or