Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 07:13 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times

Advertisements

Geraldo trying to say that if Casey is convicted it will thrown out on appeal due to the Miranda rights were not given timely.

IMO this is B.S. since the police went with her (she went out of free will) to Universal Studios and there her story fell apart. At that moment the police had no clue what happened to Caylee and it could be anything.

As the officer stated, she was a person of interest, a mother of a missing person.

I have seen other cases that were shown on tv and were real stories. Some people were not given their Miranda rights either since the police wanted to wait since there wasn't enough proof only things the police knew were not right.

What if she was given the Miranda rights early, the defense would now say that all focus was on Casey and not on other possibilities.

I have seen Geraldo flip flopping many times in this case and to me he wants his own 15 min. of fame adding to this case.

He was kicked out of the Anthony's home and has something personal against Cindy and George. At that time I thought Geraldo was right but we don't know everything that Geraldo did or said while getting into the home and being there.

I do know having watched Geraldo that he can be really nasty if he doesn't get ti the way he wants and uses that on tv to get his personal point out.

That is why i don't like to watch him too much and I'm more interested in the guest than his opinion that he is giving all the time, even not letting the guest finish their sentence, just so he can speak his mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2011, 07:35 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Geraldo and Baez are boating buddies ... I wish someone would ask Geraldo what he thinks of Baez' lawyering skills. Any lawyer that was truly representing his client would have pled out a long time ago, instead of fabricating this ridiculous unprovable defense.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:10 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
wow I did not even know that geraldo knew the anthonys personally and wondered what he said to tick them off so bad ? and he is boating buddies with geraldo ? do they live in the same general vicinity and if so when did geraldo move to the orlando area ? Jeeze all the stuff you find out reading these posts . I think cindy and george in the begining made theirselves targets going on tv all the time and cindy getting angry with a local attorney by the name of John Morgan of Morgan and Morgan who was repping zanaida fernandez gonzalez in her suit against casey for defomation of charecter I do believe . I just think all of this is going to have so much fall out in the coming months .

Old 06-06-2011, 10:29 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
People can be questioned without miranda rights, it is once the police have enough evidence to charge someone that when they are being questioned, they have the right to remain silent.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:19 PM

664 posts, read 1,027,928 times
Is he still on Fox weekend show?

Old 06-09-2011, 04:22 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7165red View Post
Is he still on Fox weekend show?
They drag Geraldo out on special occasions. I can't watch much 'Fox'--I think he has a show on Sunday nights. Why--that is a good question.

I couldn't believe it when the SEALS found Osama--but there he was.

During the Bush years--I had quite enough of Geraldo.

Shave the stupid moustache---please--just do it--that is all I can think of when I see him.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:56 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,139,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
People can be questioned without miranda rights, it is once the police have enough evidence to charge someone that when they are being questioned, they have the right to remain silent.
This is what I've heard also. I think she'll get a new trial on appeal down the road because there are news accounts that one juror a phys ed coach said she thought Casey was guilty already, perhaps at jury selection. Now there is concern for a female juror who claimed " she is not judgemental" and as one talking head last night pointed out that's the whole crux of what a juror has to do......judge whether the defendent is guilty or not.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:34 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
I have seen Geraldo on different cases and although I might be having a similar opinion the way he is speaking his mind is so over the top and if a person doesn't agree he doesn't let them finish a sentence which is very annoying, like a child who doesn't get his favorite candy.

I had hoped that after celebrating his ...years on tv he would be finished and sent off to retire and now and than show up....I can't wait for that moment, there are so many people who are nicer to watch.

I have to say that Vinnie seems to do a great job with his explanations.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:01 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I have seen Geraldo on different cases and although I might be having a similar opinion the way he is speaking his mind is so over the top and if a person doesn't agree he doesn't let them finish a sentence which is very annoying, like a child who doesn't get his favorite candy.

I had hoped that after celebrating his ...years on tv he would be finished and sent off to retire and now and than show up....I can't wait for that moment, there are so many people who are nicer to watch.

I have to say that Vinnie seems to do a great job with his explanations.
I think Geraldo will be with us until the closing of the ages.

Some of the TV commentators are doing pretty well--I am tired of the whole thing, tired of all the news and annoyed to death at all the stupid commercials that I have to put up with to watch anything on TV.

Personally, Dr. Drew's style is more effective for me. Speaks in a low voice, doesn't screech---'Breaking News'--if I want an update that is my designated hitter. I can tell that he knows what he is talking about---the Anthony's should have contacted him long ago.

Even Joy Behar can squeeze about a few insightful comments. I can watch her for perhaps 10 minutes.

The rest just get on my nerves.

Ann? --from the today show--I can listen to her.

Diane Sawyer--a few others.

Steven Colbert---he says a few things that address my issues.

Jon Stewart--give me an honest cynic anyday.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:59 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Geraldo? He is so over, he is a bottom feeder now. I forgot what it was he did...it was about 15 years ago, that pretty much ended his career...

They all just keep repeating each other. They are like jackals, fighting over a piece of rotted meat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime