U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 04:37 PM

25,921 posts, read 39,232,732 times

Advertisements

Before the trial I really disliked the grand mother for constantly defending her lying daughter and the way she reacted in public and in interviews.

Now watching her during the trial, I feel so sorry for her although the parents have spoiled the bratt too much...but than again it is their daughter...

Now learning more and more I feel so sorry for what she has to go through as well as George. I understand the defense had to come up with something but this sexual abuse B.S. is not flying with me.

What a tragedy for any mom to have her grand daughter murdered and seeing her daughter going to get the death penalty which IMO she deserves...

I cried this morning during the 911 tapes and seeing Cindy...this is really sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 05:45 PM

13,827 posts, read 18,836,905 times
Yes I agree this poor woman has been through the ringer . I do feel sorry for her cause I think she knew casey was troubled and maybe she thought it would go away as she got older . Many kids grow out of being a troubled teenager into a perfectly normal human being . But not casey she stay troubled it seems and yes I feel sorry for Cindy .

Old 05-31-2011, 05:49 PM

6,589 posts, read 6,837,996 times
While as a mother I feel sorry for Cindy...but to see the way she backed tracked over the smell in the car and kept looking for Zanny the nanny up until six weeks ago, just makes me think she is some kinda crazy too!

Old 05-31-2011, 06:11 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,767,200 times
I don't feel sorry for her. I think she created alot of this mess herself.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:47 PM

I think she is strange...for covering so long for her daughter. I think she either was in denial or perhaps a little similar to her, but not when it comes to the crazy behavior that her daughter has.

I disliked her for this reason, specially the offensive behavior towards the media, but seeing her on the witness stands, breaks my heart as a parent.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:23 PM

8,862 posts, read 14,857,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I think she is strange...for covering so long for her daughter. I think she either was in denial or perhaps a little similar to her, but not when it comes to the crazy behavior that her daughter has.

I disliked her for this reason, specially the offensive behavior towards the media, but seeing her on the witness stands, breaks my heart as a parent.
I always just assumed that George and Cindy were like people caught in a tornado or crushed by a tidal wave--shocked and stunned.

In such a position I don't know what I might do or say.

Tonight's segment of Dr. Drew answered some of my questions.

Is Casey 'evil', suffering from deep psychosis, personality disorder, sociopathy?

They discussed this--Jane VM, Leonard Padilla and several others. No definitive conclusions were given.

Dr. Drew did say that he has worked with histrionic/narcisstic/personality disorder patients and has seen the lying, lack of empathy and self absorption---teenagers with unwanted pregnancies and controlling mothers--he seems mystified at Casey's behavior---getting rid of her child.

He also said that sociopaths, devoid of empathy, usually start in early childhood to show signs--hurting small animals, setting fires and other antisocial behaviors. Casey apparently did not do that.

A defense attorney said that ?sexual abuse acceptance/reaction' is a verifiable syndrome--which could explain her lack of emotion. He also thought her attorney had instructed her to not respond--a stoic countenance.

The sooner this trial concludes the better.

Heartbreaking for everyone--even those who just have to hear about it.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:52 PM

Indeed it is a very sad story. In a way she reminds me of Scott Peterson who also was "all about me".

The parents are probably so confused and have no clue what to do...every parent wants to defend their kids but there is a point that you can't do that anymore, BUT you also don't want them to see the death penalty, but IMO that is what she deserves...we have to think about the victim in this case...a 2 yr old found dead with duct tape on her mouth, and a mom who did nothing than partying.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:41 PM

904 posts, read 2,593,916 times
Seeing Cindy on the witness stand changed my opinion of her as well. She truely came across as a grieving grandmother and mother. What would any of us do if we found ourselves in her situation? It's easy to say but hard to know unless you are there.

As for Casey...I think she is guilty. I don't care what kind of abuse you have suffered, you don't go out partying days after your child has died. I also can't get past the tatoo. Why would you think you had such a beautiful life if your only child had just tragically died? Doesn't make sense unless you were happy they were dead.

My only question is...can the prosocution prove murder? All I have seen so far is a circumstancial case. They have to PROVE she murdered her child for the death penalty. I think she will get life.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:42 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,767,200 times
There are debates that the DSM-IV, with the narrow definition of anti-social personality disorder does not fulfill the criteria for many killers, as they were not diagnosed with conduct disorder as a teen, a requirement for being diagnosed as "anti-social PD".

CA is a cold killer. She delibrately killed her child. I don't think the girl drowned.

I do think a better defense would have been it was an accident, she drugged Caylee to go party, and the child accidently died. I would have been more understanding, if she had confessed, and shown remorse. What gets me is her denial, and lack of remorse. Just for that she should get the death penalty. If she had lied, then broken down, admitted her lies, as a cover up for her mistake....what is with her? At least the killer of Sandra Cantu cried, and showed remorse.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:51 PM

4,576 posts, read 7,074,191 times
actually people are found guilty in circumstantial cases all the time...it's very common. Scott Peterson being one of them and he got the DP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or