U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-11-2011, 09:57 AM
 
Location: South Carolina
13,825 posts, read 18,811,674 times
Reputation: 24510

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Hi BHFT! How can I forget your testimony about losing your son (I lost mine to MI too) on Christianity forum. You and I shared how we handled our griefs so out of normalcy. I almost didn't shed a tear at the time because I was spiritually busy with being angry and questioning God...so I don't hold Routier's affect on that video against her.

After looking at this case from all facets (including the omitted part of the video)...I've concluded that all the prosecution panel had were "circumstantial" evidence, based on the most part "character assassination" rather than "solid evidence" which is insufficient for a guilty verdict. aisi

I cannot completely rule out the "nagging" feeling that...at the very least, there is "reasonable doubt" to her guilt...let alone...be sentenced to death.

One of jurors who allowed an interview stated that...had they been presented with all the facts suppressed by the prosecution...the verdict would have been different. Which is my sentiment exactly.

Appeal is still ongoing...let's hope for justice to prevail.

Yes amen .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-11-2011, 10:01 PM
 
1,897 posts, read 1,772,157 times
Reputation: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Hi BHFT! How can I forget your testimony about losing your son (I lost mine to MI too) on Christianity forum. You and I shared how we handled our griefs so out of normalcy. I almost didn't shed a tear at the time because I was spiritually busy with being angry and questioning God...so I don't hold Routier's affect on that video against her.

After looking at this case from all facets (including the omitted part of the video)...I've concluded that all the prosecution panel had were "circumstantial" evidence, based on the most part "character assassination" rather than "solid evidence" which is insufficient for a guilty verdict. aisi

I cannot completely rule out the "nagging" feeling that...at the very least, there is "reasonable doubt" to her guilt...let alone...be sentenced to death.

One of jurors who allowed an interview stated that...had they been presented with all the facts suppressed by the prosecution...the verdict would have been different. Which is my sentiment exactly.

Appeal is still ongoing...let's hope for justice to prevail.
I agree and I hope she gets a new trial that shows ALL the evidence. I had never visited this forum before and the Casey Anthony case made me think of Darlie Routier, so I googled to see what the latest was and found this link. I check from time to time because it bothers me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2011, 11:38 PM
 
5 posts, read 17,441 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
She had stated in court that her ex husband who was still living in the house was doing drugs and selling drugs and that right there was her first mistake letting her ex still live there knowing what he was doing.

Are you talking about Darlie Routier? She's only had one husband and he was not her ex at the time, although he did just recently file for divorce . And when did she say that anyone was doing/selling drugs there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2011, 12:49 AM
 
5 posts, read 17,441 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I can see your point Cliffie but, the difference between your example and the Routier case is that...while the self-inflicted injuries done to Jeff MacDonald and others like him were superficial (MacDonald being a surgeon, methodically executed his with precision...) Darlie Routier's showed extensive stab wounds and bruises compatible with defensive struggles that the prosecution successfully prevented the jury to see.
The very first thing I'd like to say is that the prosecution did not, in any way, prevent the jury from seeing photo's of Darlie's injuries. This statement is constantly perpetuated and it is absolutely untrue:

4 BY MR. TOBY SHOOK:
5 Q. Okay. Doctor, let me show you some
6 other photographs which have been marked as State's
7 Exhibit Nos. 52-A, 52-B, 52-C, 52-D, 52-E, 52-F, 52-G,
8 52-H, 52-I, and I don't need to offer that.
9 A. Okay.
10 Q. Do those photographs -- first of all,
11 are those photographs of Darlie Routier and injuries
12 there to her body?
13 A. Yes, they are.
14 Q. In some of the photographs she's in a
15 pink shirt. And specifically State's Exhibits 52-F, 52-G
16 and 52-H, are those taken at the hospital?
17 A. Yes, they are.
18 Q. Okay.
19
20 MR. TOBY L. SHOOK: Your Honor, we'll
21 offer State's Exhibits 52-A through I.
22 MR. RICHARD C. MOSTY: No objection,
23 Your Honor.
24 THE COURT: State's Exhibit 52-A, B,
25 C, D, E, F, G, H and I are admitted.
Sandra M. Halsey, CSR, Official Court Reporter
761

***********

25 Q. Okay. Now, let's look at 52-A. Do
Sandra M. Halsey, CSR, Official Court Reporter
765

1 you see a wound here to the right arm, or evidence of an
2 injury to the right arm?
3 A. There's a large amount of bruising to
4 the right arm, but I don't see any -- actually by
5 laceration, there's none. But there is evidence of
6 bruising to the arm.
7 Q. Okay. And that's a pretty large
8 bruise, isn't it?
9 A. Yes.
10 Q. Where does it extend from?
11 A. It appears to go from her wrist to
12 right below where her hand is, past her elbow, up toward,
13 almost into her armpit.
14 Q. Okay. And then 52-E, that's an even
15 more close-up photograph of that bruise?
16 A. Yes, correct.
17 Q. If you could take these two
18 photographs and go along the jury rail so all the jurors
19 can see.
20 A. Okay.
21 Q. Now, Dr. Santos, tell the jurors what
22 caused this type of bruising.
23 A. Some type of trauma. Some kind of
24 blunt trauma, being hit, a car wreck, anything like that.
25 Some kind of a force to the arm.
Sandra M. Halsey, CSR, Official Court Reporter
766

1 Q. What is blunt trauma?
2 A. Blunt trauma, as opposed to none
3 penetrating. Penetrating is usually stab wound or
4 gunshot wound. Blunt trauma is -- again, in a car wreck,
5 falling and hitting your arm, being hit with a baseball
6 bat or something like that.
7 Q. Being struck by an object very hard?
8 A. Correct.
9 Q. Doesn't break the skin?
10 A. Does not penetrate.
11 Q. But causes these deep bruises?
12 A. Yes.
13 Q. Okay. Is this pretty severe blunt
14 trauma that we're looking at?
15 A. Yes, it is.

Those are just two examples. There are many more. If you go to her website and search the transcripts with the following term: State's Exhibit 52-A, you will find 7 pages of results referencing testimony regarding her injuries, specifically the bruises. Her injuries were the cornerstone of her defense, as she claims she survived a brutal attack. The jury saw the photo's of her bruises and they were argued by both sides extensively. You have to ask yourself why they would lie about something so easy to prove as a lie.



Darlie Routier did not have extensive stab wounds. She had the cut to her neck, the incised wound to her shoulder, the incised wound to her forearm and the hesitation mark above it. Her wounds were superficial, especially in comparison to the boys.

Dr Alejandro Santos' testimony describing Damon's wounds:

22 BY MR. TOBY L. SHOOK:
23 Q. Let me hold up State's Exhibit 52-J
24 first. Is this a photograph of how the child appeared as
25 he lay there?
Sandra M. Halsey, CSR, Official Court Reporter
717

1 A. Yes, except he did not have the paper
2 bags on his hands when he arrived.
3 Q. Were those placed there later by
4 Rowlett Police Officers?
5 A. Or by the emergency room nurses.
6 Q. Or by the emergency room nurses?
7 Okay. But the devices here attached to him, he came in
8 that way?
9 A. Yes.
10 Q. Okay. State's Exhibit 52-K, does this
11 show the wounds as you saw them to his back?
12 A. Yes.
13 Q. Okay. And did you probe the wounds?
14 A. Yes, I did.
15 Q. Okay. Could you tell the jurors what
16 probing the wounds is.
17 A. Just examining them. If you probe a
18 wound with an instrument, or with your gloved finger, and
19 I did it with my gloved finger.
20 Q. And did you probe all of the wounds?
21 A. Yes. The top three over here appear
22 to be to go down to the level of the ribs and the muscle
23 and stop there. But these larger wounds went into the --
24 this one went into the thoracic cavity, which is the
25 cavity where the lung is located. And this bottom one
Sandra M. Halsey, CSR, Official Court Reporter
718

1 went into the abdominal cavity, which is where the
2 stomach, spleen, liver, and all of those internal organs
3 were.
4 Q. Were these deep penetrating wounds?
5 A. Yes, very deep.

Testimony concerning Darlie's wounds:

3 Q. And could you tell the jurors how long
4 this wound in the neck was?
5 A. We didn't measure it, but we estimated
6 it was approximately 9 centimeters long.
7 Q. You say it came across partly on the
8 right side?
9 A. It went from the right to the left. I
10 can't tell you where it started, but it extended from the
11 one side to the other, just passed the midline on the
12 left side.
13 Q. Now, you say that it went to the --
14 what's called the platysma; is that right?
15 A. Platysma, yes.
16 Q. And did you measure how deep the wound
17 was?
18 A. No. We usually don't measure wounds
19 because it doesn't matter, the depth of the injury. What
20 matters is in relationship to the other structures, like
21 the platysma. In the neck, that's kind of a defining
22 boundary. If it goes past the platysma, it's considered
23 a deep wound.
24 In that case, we may have to do
25 further exploration and open up the wound more. If it
Sandra M. Halsey, CSR, Official Court Reporter
725

1 goes to the platysma, then is called superficial wound.
2 Q. Okay. So, in laymen's terms, this
3 wound cut through, I guess, the skin and fat; is that
4 right?
5 A. Correct.
6 Q. Okay. And the little veins that are
7 contained in the skin and the fat?
8 A. Correct.
9 Q. But didn't penetrate the muscle that's
10 below the skin and fat?
11 A. Correct, did not.
12 Q. And in your terms, you call that a
13 superficial wound; is that right?
14 A. Yes, sir. The medical description,
15 that's a superficial wound.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2011, 01:01 AM
 
5 posts, read 17,441 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Like you...I felt that the prosecutors left so many gaps in proving her guilt. So many erroneous steps taken when the crime scene was being investigated and processed.

One or two of the jurors made a statement admitting during an interview...that, had they been presented with the evidence in toto...the verdict would have been different.
What erroneous steps did the police make in the investigation?

One juror, Charlie Samford, claimed not to have seen the photo's of Darlie's injuries. Eleven other jurors say they were shown, Darlie's attorney says they were shown, testimony reflects they were shown and argued. The evidence was seen in total.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2011, 01:18 AM
 
5 posts, read 17,441 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
And, as you said, the video was incomplete. I heard there was reverence and mourning on the video before the silly string thing. What judge would allow them to only show part of it?
2 THE COURT: There was a videotape done
3 by Channel 5. I think everyone in the country has seen
4 out there.
5 MR. RICHARD C. MOSTY: Well, you know
6 what they didn't see, was the funeral service. The State
7 has illegally intercepted the funeral service where they
8 stand around and pray. The State offers the Silly String
9 part of the day, and they have the prayer there, where
10 the first part of it is the prayer where they illegally
11 intercept a prayer at a grave side. And we can't offer
12 that?
13 THE COURT: Well, I think that has
14 already been offered.
15 MR. GREG DAVIS: You know, your
16 Honor --
17 MR. RICHARD C. MOSTY: We have a video
18 of it.
19 MR. GREG DAVIS: I don't think there
20 is any problem with Mr. Mosty or Mr. Mulder offering that
21 videotape. I mean, whatever was visually recorded out
22 there, we certainly don't have a problem with them doing
23 that. It's just the circumstances under which that was
24 gathered. You know, if they can show what happened out
25 there, if they want to show that videotape.
Sandra M. Halsey, CSR, Official Court Reporter
4415

1 MR. DOUGLAS MULDER: But we can't ask
2 the --
3 MR. GREG DAVIS: So they have that
4 option. And they still get to show what they feel is
5 important for them to show to this jury.
6 THE COURT: Well, anyway, that is
7 fine. If you want to do that, that will be fine, but
8 that is the Court's ruling, and the Court will note your
9 objection.

What the judge wouldn't allow was Darlie's defense team questioning the officers about the surveillance tape (the actual taping of it, etc), as Mulder accused them of illegally obtaining it. The judge ruled that the officers had the right to speak to an attorney before being questioned and giving testimony, since Mulder was accusing them of a crime. Even though Mulder was offered a second opportunity to show the surveillance tape, he still chose not to.

The two officers were advised by their lawyers to invoke the 5th, because Mulder was accusing them of illegally videotaping the funeral. As we now know, they did nothing wrong.

Mulder was simply trying to degrade the police officers; it was his best shot at raising reasonable doubt, and we can't blame him for that. He was defending a guilty client, and had to go to extreme lengths to hide the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2011, 01:34 AM
 
5 posts, read 17,441 times
Reputation: 14
22 Q. And what do you see there in the
23 photograph that let's you have that opinion?
24 A. On this photograph there is some deep
25 bruising to this part of the arm over here. But up
Sandra M. Halsey, CSR, Official Court Reporter
767

1 towards -- the upper part of her arm, the arm proper
2 close to the armpit, there's more of a redness over here.
3 That tells you that this is not a very old wound. Wounds
4 like this tend to get very dark, and after about three or
5 four days starts turning green when that blood starts to
6 get absorbed. But this redness up here tells me that it
7 was probably a 24 to 48 hour old wound.
8 Q. When it's photographed here?
9 A. Yes, at that time.
10 Q. And the date is 6-10-96?
11 A. Correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2011, 10:00 PM
 
Location: Native Floridian, USA
4,907 posts, read 6,123,619 times
Reputation: 6117
I think there is reasonable doubt as to her complicity in this case.

But, a lot of people want to fry the mentally ill woman who killed her five children......they will bring up anything to try and prove she was just an evil woman. That poor woman has suffered beyond my understanding and should be kept in a mental ward for the rest of her life, if that would satisfy the blood lust in some people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2013, 05:48 PM
 
1 posts, read 2,585 times
Reputation: 10
I am a British male and due to my interest in the death penalty which I,ve had since as long as I remember I came across this case in 2002' admittedly it was on the fordarlieroutier website so immediately my opinion was persuaded to believe in her innocence and to believe that it was a complete set up against her. I then met my now ex wife soon after who was,nt particular thrilled with my fascination so I lost touch with the whole case. Over the last month though I,ve started goin through everything I can find on this case and although I still lean towards innocent I would not say that I,m 100 percent positive. Darlie was made out to be someone who cared more about her looks than her kids, I will admit that I am a person that people would consider to be vain, I always try to look the best that I can and will probably spend 1 hour 45 minutes in front off the mirror before I go out, so if that is the kind of person that darlie is then why would she slit her own throat to leave a unsightly scar?. There is a lot off things that just don,t add up for me, the picture they,ve created just do,s not fit, I mean if she,s a cold manulipative killer and this was all planned then don,t you think she,d have done a better job of trying to get away with it, don,t you think that her story would of been perfect with no holes to pick in it?, and if was planned then don,t you think she,d have hid the jewellery to make it look like a burglary?, people may argue that nothing was stolen but if you,d just left 3 people for dead I would think that stealing would be the last thing on my mind and it,s a case of just getting away. darlie was not the only person that forgot things and not the only person to contradict herself the police also seemed to be very forgetful aswell, detective/lieutenant walding even admitted that he was forgetful, he testified that Darin had blood on his shirt, but the 2 people that testified before him said he did,nt have a shirt on, unfortunately for Darlie this was not picked up on in cross examination. Nearly all the testimonies from the state just contradicted the last 1. She was slated for not showing enough emotion and when she showed emotion she was slated for being fake. Like I said I,m not 100 percent on either guilt or innocence but I am 100 percent on that she did not receive a fair trial and that she was never mention to win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2013, 07:21 PM
 
Location: Texas
15,891 posts, read 15,308,285 times
Reputation: 62658
I followed the case closely because I live close to the site. I believe she is guilty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top