U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 03:14 PM

8,862 posts, read 14,834,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I believe alot of lying comes from existential guilt, or a cognitive disconnect between what you want in your life, and the reality of your life. For example, CA "sees" herself as having a job, and dating a wealthy man. The reality is that she is unemployed, dating a regular joe. CA tells everyone her "fantasy" of what she really wants her life to be, thus almost creating this reality for herself, in terms of "created memory". It is common with people who have low self esteem, and are Narassistic to display this type of behavior.

Children who have lower levels of self esteem, will lie to inflate their achievements. This makes them feel better.

Also, children lie, and are reinforced to lie, when telling the truth will get them into trouble...for example, "If you fail Math, you are going to get a whipping", so the kid lies, and tells the parent that they are doing fine in Math, and will even "doctor" a report card to make this happen. That is an extreme example, but one that has merit for this case. I believe that if CA told her parents her problems, she would have been berated, and talked down to...by a controlling, perfectionist Mother. It was just easier to lie to her, than tell the truth and be in constant trouble.
I think much of what you said is true but I also think there is 'something else', a defiency of some kind.

With all the bullying incidents I sometimes think 'cruelty' has become accepted and wonder what this might mean for future generations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 06:58 PM

3,173 posts, read 3,075,159 times
I was noticing in the George and Casey jail tape how George was going on and on about what they were doing. Sort of like he had found this means of coping by throwing himself into the missing children cause and finding Calee.
It just made me wonder if this is what he has always done in his life, throwing himself completely into whatever he was into at the time and maybe leaving no room for Casey.
I'm sure he loves her but to a small child, I can see how it could have made her make up stories in order to keep his attention. Just look at how clean the yard, cars and house are. If they were always this clean with working and maybe projects, maybe Casey was very lonely.
But anyway, I think something else is the root of her lying, not the molestation that they want us to believe.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I was noticing in the George and Casey jail tape how George was going on and on about what they were doing. Sort of like he had found this means of coping by throwing himself into the missing children cause and finding Calee.
It just made me wonder if this is what he has always done in his life, throwing himself completely into whatever he was into at the time and maybe leaving no room for Casey.
I'm sure he loves her but to a small child, I can see how it could have made her make up stories in order to keep his attention. Just look at how clean the yard, cars and house are. If they were always this clean with working and maybe projects, maybe Casey was very lonely.
But anyway, I think something else is the root of her lying, not the molestation that they want us to believe.
Dr. Drew had a psychotherapist/mental health professional of some kind--she described Casey as 'Borderline Personality Disorder, Sociopathic and Antisocial'.

A definition of 2 out of the 3>>
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_does_B...ality_Disorder

It has to be something extraordinary and although George and Cindy may have their faults, had their problems, imo, Casey issues were her own. There just has to be some sort of explanation for how this occurs.

Casey is already 'dead'. I really wish they would limit the coverage.

Dr. Drew made a comment that I interpreted to mean their had been emails from viewers about the amount of focus on this case.

It is an absolute tragedy and HLN and others need to think long and hard before presenting another case in this manner.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 06-06-2011 at 09:15 PM..

Old 06-08-2011, 07:25 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,703,820 times
Speaking about Casey already looking "dead", the look in her eyes is dead, like doll eyes. She is completely detached from this whole trial emotionally. It is creepy.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:26 PM

15,763 posts, read 14,998,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
My point is this - it is nonsensical for psychiatirist or other "talking heads" to debate or explain this. You certainly won't find the answer by watching an Oprah TV episode with Dr. Drew, or whoever that is. You really need to step away from the "pop" phychiatrists on TV.
Actually, Dr. Drew Pinsky is no lightweight. He holds an M.D. from USC and is a board certified internist who specializes in addiction. Don't let the fact that he hosts "Celebrity Rehab" diminish his credentials.

Quote:
Their is no justification - people kill, for reasons that sometimes cannot be explained...you sound like one of those bleeding hearts that think "if we only understood them".
I don't think anyone is justifying the act; just trying to find some reasons behind certain criminal behavior to possibly prevent future crimes.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:09 PM

3,173 posts, read 3,075,159 times
Dr. Drew just said he talked to George's ex wife and she thinks Casey inherited the lying from George. She said George was a good guy but could really spin some tall tales.
On Humble Opinion's web sight I read about her too, so it seems she is real and has insight to George. Interesting she said he was a good guy though, I'm sure if he was a pervert she would have had some suspicions. In the thread there is a very interesting opinion as to how Casey ended up like she did. I typed in George Anthony's ex wife, found humbleopinion and clicked on the link. if anybody is interested in opinions of how Casey ended up like this.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Dr. Drew just said he talked to George's ex wife and she thinks Casey inherited the lying from George. She said George was a good guy but could really spin some tall tales.
On Humble Opinion's web sight I read about her too, so it seems she is real and has insight to George. Interesting she said he was a good guy though, I'm sure if he was a pervert she would have had some suspicions. In the thread there is a very interesting opinion as to how Casey ended up like she did. I typed in George Anthony's ex wife, found humbleopinion and clicked on the link. if anybody is interested in opinions of how Casey ended up like this.
sounds interesting.

Where did George and Cindy live before FL?

I would be inclined to guess the midwest---Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, maybe.

ETA: I found this at humble opinion.
' George’s father Lee, owned and operated a very successful used car dealership for many years in Niles, Ohio, called Anthony’s Auto Sales, before retiring to Florida.'

the owner of a car dealership--good at sales--not exactly 'lying' but manipulative/persuasive?
'Charlie Hustle'?

~~~
Casey's type of lying seems to be well-beyond the 'spinning yarn' level. Dr. Drew has said that repeatedly.

When/if they introduce any psychological evaluations that were done that will be more convincing to me.

I'd also be curious to know what a graphologist with expertise would say about her handwriting.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 06-08-2011 at 10:16 PM..

Old 06-08-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Speaking about Casey already looking "dead", the look in her eyes is dead, like doll eyes. She is completely detached from this whole trial emotionally. It is creepy.
I meant she is dead inside which would theoretically show on the outside.

I don't frequent websites with pictures of hardened criminals but I would imagine there are physical indicators of the internal conflicts.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:20 AM

15,763 posts, read 14,998,967 times
Quote:
Inherited the lying? Lying is learned behavior; not a gene.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Inherited the lying? Lying is learned behavior; not a gene.
She lives in another world. The things she says may actually seem 'true' to her.

I have no doubt that Dr. Drew has vast experience with 'liars' and he said his eyes nearly fell out of his head while reading the transcripts of Casey's stories.

I don't know if there is technology available to 'look inside' her brain--but something isn't working right.

There has to be a lobe that is afflicted. Neurotransmitters--out of whack. Synapses in beserk mode.

That's my best theory.

Where is Sanjay Gupta --CNN's medical expert? Why isn't he putting his $.02 in the pot?

http://edition.cnn.com/HEALTH/blogs/paging.dr.gupta/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime