U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-04-2011, 07:54 AM
 
3,173 posts, read 3,084,343 times
Reputation: 3699

Advertisements

I do not believe George Anthony molested Casey Anthony.
What do you think could cause an innocent little child (which she was at one time) to turn into the liar that she is today?
Forgetting the fact that she is on trial for murder and the jury is not in on that one, she has been proved to be one of the biggest liars in history.
What in the world could really cause this?
Did she feel left out or what?
Did George get all engrossed in his life and forget about her unless she had some story to tell him?
I would like to understand how this happens to children, it is really sad to see these parents and know they must be asking themselves what they did wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-04-2011, 05:17 PM
 
8,862 posts, read 14,866,961 times
Reputation: 2280
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I do not believe George Anthony molested Casey Anthony.
What do you think could cause an innocent little child (which she was at one time) to turn into the liar that she is today?
Forgetting the fact that she is on trial for murder and the jury is not in on that one, she has been proved to be one of the biggest liars in history.
What in the world could really cause this?
Did she feel left out or what?
Did George get all engrossed in his life and forget about her unless she had some story to tell him?
I would like to understand how this happens to children, it is really sad to see these parents and know they must be asking themselves what they did wrong.
I really don't think anyone knows. Dr. Drew has explored the psychological state for several days and included a variety of experts.

The thing that seems to puzzle them is that there is apparently no indication that Casey was cruel to animals or other children early in her life.

I suspect that by middle school she was on the way down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2011, 08:51 AM
 
1,617 posts, read 2,469,997 times
Reputation: 1352
A famkily has 3 children - they are all raised in the same manner - for the sake of argument, let's say: warm and loving family, parents are incredibly supportive of their children, help them with their homework, grounded family -- what makes one child warm, loving, caring, hard-working, etc.; the other child quiet, timid, shy, fearful of things; and the the third, a liar, cruel to animals, self-absorbed, a bully.

I think it is relatively easy for us to understand what can make a child be mean, cruel, angry, a bully if they come from a distant family, no support system, criminal behavior in the house...but from a "good" family as the expression goes....but then again, there are kids who come from a tough tough home life and are determined to work really really hard to achieve and to get out of their environment and excel.

Is it 'in our genes'; is it part of our make-up? No doubt there will be lots of thoughts and opinions w/this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2011, 09:13 AM
 
8,862 posts, read 14,866,961 times
Reputation: 2280
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
A famkily has 3 children - they are all raised in the same manner - for the sake of argument, let's say: warm and loving family, parents are incredibly supportive of their children, help them with their homework, grounded family -- what makes one child warm, loving, caring, hard-working, etc.; the other child quiet, timid, shy, fearful of things; and the the third, a liar, cruel to animals, self-absorbed, a bully.

I think it is relatively easy for us to understand what can make a child be mean, cruel, angry, a bully if they come from a distant family, no support system, criminal behavior in the house...but from a "good" family as the expression goes....but then again, there are kids who come from a tough tough home life and are determined to work really really hard to achieve and to get out of their environment and excel.

Is it 'in our genes'; is it part of our make-up? No doubt there will be lots of thoughts and opinions w/this thread.
Those that seem to know and understand 'sociopathy and psycopathy' acknowledge that Casey doesn't seem to have a history of 'cruelty'.

Someone tossed out last night that she 'isn't that smart'--again who knows.

I think it was the same individual that said she lacks the ability to reason/problem solve---reacts impulsively. Of all the theories this one seems to come closer than others to explain what her problems may be. I suspect there is something unusual in a lobe of the brain---since I have no better explanation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2011, 09:19 AM
 
12,378 posts, read 18,479,880 times
Reputation: 19357
All children lie, that's a fact - but usually about breaking a vase, sneaking out of the house, stealing a dollar bill. Children grow out of it and learn to take responsibility. Pathological liars are a sign of emotional immaturity combined with some sociopathic tendancies.

Not all liars are murderers, but all murderers are liars. This case isn't about lying, but about murder...and that's where the focus should be. Unfortunetly, filicide is not that uncommon in society, it doesn't need to by justified or explained by bad childhood or societal ills or mental sickness or missing chromosone or anything. Her inability to tell the truth is simply an additional symptom of whatever evil is inside her that led her to kill her own child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2011, 09:47 AM
 
8,862 posts, read 14,866,961 times
Reputation: 2280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
All children lie, that's a fact - but usually about breaking a vase, sneaking out of the house, stealing a dollar bill. Children grow out of it and learn to take responsibility. Pathological liars are a sign of emotional immaturity combined with some sociopathic tendancies.

Not all liars are murderers, but all murderers are liars. This case isn't about lying, but about murder...and that's where the focus should be. Unfortunetly, filicide is not that uncommon in society, it doesn't need to by justified or explained by bad childhood or societal ills or mental sickness or missing chromosone or anything. Her inability to tell the truth is simply an additional symptom of whatever evil is inside her that led her to kill her own child.
So we are back to 'The Bad Seed' line of thinking.

I won't hold my breath for a more definitive answer but one day I hope scientific research can more fully explain this type of human being.

'All murderers are liars'--I'm not certain about that. The 'lying' would seem to indicate that they live in a world of their own--and possibly believe what the lies are true?

That is something for psychiatrists to debate. Dr. Drew and his guest experts go back and forth and generally conclude that this is a complicated matter.

It certainly is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2011, 10:06 AM
 
1,617 posts, read 2,469,997 times
Reputation: 1352
At the risk of sounding cold, austere and any other similar descriptive terminology, I think that it is pretty much irrelevant whether she is smart or not, whether she lied/lies, or not, whether she is attractive and diminuitive, or not .... she is on trial for the murder of her child... she is attempting any possible ploy / defense to get off / she is not showing the least bit of remorse, fear [terror, I would certainly feel] if being tried for murdering my child, regret, anything that, in my opinion, would reflect some degree of "humanness" or "caring"...

I personally think she is smart enough to know what she is being accused of; I think she is clever enough to try to come up with some relatively plausible reason as to why she could commit such a crime AND I think when [hopefully appropriately] she is convicted, she has the opportunity to spend many many years in prison to think about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2011, 10:27 AM
 
12,378 posts, read 18,479,880 times
Reputation: 19357
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
So we are back to 'The Bad Seed' line of thinking.

I won't hold my breath for a more definitive answer but one day I hope scientific research can more fully explain this type of human being.

'All murderers are liars'--I'm not certain about that. The 'lying' would seem to indicate that they live in a world of their own--and possibly believe what the lies are true?

That is something for psychiatrists to debate. Dr. Drew and his guest experts go back and forth and generally conclude that this is a complicated matter.

It certainly is.

No that was not my point at all. My point is this - it is nonsensical for psychiatirist or other "talking heads" to debate or explain this. You certainly won't find the answer by watching an Oprah TV episode with Dr. Drew, or whoever that is. To do so is merely to attempt to justify the act. Their is no justification - people kill, for reasons that sometimes cannot be explained by societal, phychological, or social reasons. My God you sound like one of those bleeding hearts that think "if we only understood them". This is fact - the murderer is not the victim, but the perpetrator. The solution is to remove these perpretrators from society, sometimes from the living.

All murderers are liars, as I have yet to hear of a person on death row that has not claimed he was innocent.

You really need to step away from the "pop" phychiatrists on TV. They won't anwer your questions. I would suggest actually a good criminology book - "Mindhunter" from John Douglas (ex-FBI profiling agent) would be helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2011, 10:28 AM
 
8,862 posts, read 14,866,961 times
Reputation: 2280
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
At the risk of sounding cold, austere and any other similar descriptive terminology, I think that it is pretty much irrelevant whether she is smart or not, whether she lied/lies, or not, whether she is attractive and diminuitive, or not .... she is on trial for the murder of her child... she is attempting any possible ploy / defense to get off / she is not showing the least bit of remorse, fear [terror, I would certainly feel] if being tried for murdering my child, regret, anything that, in my opinion, would reflect some degree of "humanness" or "caring"...

I personally think she is smart enough to know what she is being accused of; I think she is clever enough to try to come up with some relatively plausible reason as to why she could commit such a crime AND I think when [hopefully appropriately] she is convicted, she has the opportunity to spend many many years in prison to think about it.
agreed.

The inability to feel remorse and related emotions is of some interest to me. How does a person develop in this manner?

I think she believes her 'fantasies' --why and how --no one seems to know.

Someone I knew destroyed his mind with drugs and seem to lose basic human emotions. That I could understand, this I do not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2011, 02:37 PM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,798,439 times
Reputation: 26120
I believe alot of lying comes from existential guilt, or a cognitive disconnect between what you want in your life, and the reality of your life. For example, CA "sees" herself as having a job, and dating a wealthy man. The reality is that she is unemployed, dating a regular joe. CA tells everyone her "fantasy" of what she really wants her life to be, thus almost creating this reality for herself, in terms of "created memory". It is common with people who have low self esteem, and are Narassistic to display this type of behavior.

Children who have lower levels of self esteem, will lie to inflate their achievements. This makes them feel better.

Also, children lie, and are reinforced to lie, when telling the truth will get them into trouble...for example, "If you fail Math, you are going to get a whipping", so the kid lies, and tells the parent that they are doing fine in Math, and will even "doctor" a report card to make this happen. That is an extreme example, but one that has merit for this case. I believe that if CA told her parents her problems, she would have been berated, and talked down to...by a controlling, perfectionist Mother. It was just easier to lie to her, than tell the truth and be in constant trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top