U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 03:04 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,464,635 times

Advertisements

LeighValleyNative, perhaps you are also correct, in that this physician serviced some families that just simply trusted him, were grateful that his fees were nominal for them and if that is even remotely the case, then even worse should happen to him and I already have a list of things that could be appropriate.....doctors are supposed to be trusted individuals....one confides in them no differently than one does a clergy member - reprehensible and I get angrier and angrier about this.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 03:07 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,694,472 times
I agree, he probably took advantage of maybe younger Mothers, those with a lower SES, maybe on Medicaid, those with a couple of kids, maybe people from other cultures, easily intimadated by a white, male, doctor.

Sorry, I would have taken one look at him and been out of there. I also prefer women doctors, I feel like any woman smart enough, and tough enough to do medical school is smarter than any man. Just a bias!

Old 06-08-2011, 04:18 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,464,635 times
Did you also have a chance to listen to the DE attorney general speak?

Old 06-08-2011, 05:22 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,810,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post

Sorry, I would have taken one look at him and been out of there.!
HAHA, me too.

I have let a nurse watch one of the kids, when the other had to go to the bathroom. I have even stepped out of the exam room while our male pediatrician talked/examined one of our daughters. However, when I stepped out, it was on my terms, meaning I would be right back in, not when the doctor unlocked the door and allowed me back in.

It is just surreal and creepy that the doctor did this and parents allowed it.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:42 PM

I think the AG should look into to the staff at the office as well. How did they not suspect something. How did they not find it odd the dr asked the parent(s) of girls to step out, but not boys.

Finally, the doctor has a court appointed public defender(as he should), but how does Casey Anthony get the state to pay for 4 private lawyers on her defense team. It boggles my mind.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:47 PM

6 posts, read 5,549 times
For this individual I would have no qualms to initiating and participating in any "diabolical babarity" he so richly deserves, choosing and assisting with the 10 most medieval torture devices ever known to man.

Then, I would happily assist in his death, should he be so fortunate enough to receive it.
Attached Thumbnails
Delaware pediatrician faces 529 COUNTS OF RAPE etc.-1.jpg  

Old 06-08-2011, 06:05 PM

9,181 posts, read 9,263,338 times
Quote:
Finally, the doctor has a court appointed public defender(as he should), but how does Casey Anthony get the state to pay for 4 private lawyers on her defense team. It boggles my mind.
Simple. She has been charged with a capital crime that potentially carries the death penalty. There are all sorts of issues in cases like this that aren't present in cases that only involve a maximum penalty of life imprisonment. For example, if and when Casey is convicted of murder, a penalty hearing must take place. All sorts of evidence that isn't relevant to the case-in-chief is relevant during such a hearing. Understanding the issues involved in such a proceeding is really a legal specialty in an of itself. Very few criminal defense attorneys are qualified for these purposes.

The United States Constitution contains a Sixth Amendment in the Bill of Rights which compels states not only to provide free legal counsel to indigent defendants charged with a crime, but it also requires the state to provide effective counsel.. In a capital case, the Supreme Court has stated that effective counsel requirements go considerably beyond what is required when the maximum penalty for a crime is imprisonment. In short, if Florida didn't go to the lengths its going to provide Anthony the type of representation she is getting, the case could easily be reversed if/when a conviction is obtained.

I think one of the strongest arguments that can be made against the death penalty is that it is extremely expensive to impose it. If someone really can be kept in jail for the rest of their life, maybe that should be the maximum penalty are system should impose, since the cost of executing the person is greater.

I am not necessarily saying I agree with the Supreme Court. However, there are bonafide cases of people who ended up on Death Row who were completely innocent of their crimes that have been documented in both Illinois and Oklahoma. I think we all need to ask ourselves if the death penalty is really worth it from an economic point of view.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:27 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,694,472 times
Baby raping POS, he richly deserves what he gets. I hope he lives a wonderful, long life in prison.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:10 PM

27,093 posts, read 5,877,402 times
YES!

And the most hated criminal in prison is:

The CHILD RAPIST/MURDERER....so he will probably get whacked quickly. Prisoners have KIDS and so hate this type of criminal! They are targeted for attacks and etc. Sorry, but in this case:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Baby raping POS, he richly deserves what he gets. I hope he lives a wonderful, long life in prison.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
YES!

And the most hated criminal in prison is:

The CHILD RAPIST/MURDERER....so he will probably get whacked quickly. Prisoners have KIDS and so hate this type of criminal! They are targeted for attacks and etc. Sorry, but in this case:
Even if he doesn't, he will be in protective custody. Which means 23 hours a day in a cell, by himself, for the rest of his life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or