U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 05:06 AM

18,852 posts, read 31,694,472 times

Advertisements

I believe very much in rehabilitation, and giving people another chance. However, child rapers are "wired" wrong, and I believe have some mental flaw, that cannot be corrected.

It does annoy me that taxpayers will now pay for this criminal's food, medical, care, so he can hang in his private room for the rest of his life. Laying on his bed, watching tv and reading books. Sounds good. Pisses me off.

Time for me to go to work, so my money can support scum like this in his prison cell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 01:18 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,464,891 times
Updates:

Former Delaware pediatrician awaits judge ruling on child rape charges Breaking News | Wire Update News | News Wires -

This was yesterday's article:
Delaware pediatrician Earl Bradley awaits verdict for alleged rape, abuse of children - Crimesider - CBS News

Hmm, I do know that victims have a right to prepare and read a victim impact statement - I wonder if others who are not victims/victim families have the right to prepare an impact statement and submit it to a Court - does anyone know? If so, I am certainly in favor of preparing and sending one...anyone else have any thoughts?

Old 06-09-2011, 06:43 PM

296 posts, read 551,056 times
execute!if not by law than vigilante.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:58 PM

9,181 posts, read 9,263,338 times
Quote:
execute!if not by law than vigilante.
I hope the moderator is paying attention. This post, or any post calling for an illegal solution to a particular crime or to crime in general should not be allowed here. I call on the moderator to remove any such post and not allow the discussion of vigilante methods of dealing with crime.

Many of us are tired, horrified, and frightened by violent crime. What this particular doctor is accused of is truly despicable. Nonetheless, preserving law and order requires us to deal with even the worst people within the confines of an established criminal justice system.

The day we lose our respect for the law (and allow that system to take its course) is the day that our country will begin its path towards collapse.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:46 AM

18,852 posts, read 31,694,472 times
He was a doctor, held to a completely different standard of trust. I think that should wiegh more harshly on his sentance. Not that he won't be in prison for a long time anyway.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:12 PM

1,677 posts, read 2,056,854 times
Put him in general population. Hopefully, another inmate will take the burden of this living piece of crap off the state of Delaware.

As far as why the parents left their children alone with him, we have to remember that people like this are VERY diabolical, charming, and convincing. I'm sure he gave them a plausible sounding reason to be alone with the kids. From what I understand, a lot of the molestations happened within a few moments alone, like "come with me and pick out a sticker" or something like that. Parents tend to trust doctors. He probably went out of his way to earn their trust, only to abuse it. Horrible, and I'm sure every one of those parents are beating themselves up over this, but I don't think they were neglectful. Just naive.

Because of stories like this, I know to NEVER ever leave my child alone FOR ANY REASON. It's too bad that it takes someone else's misfortune for others to learn.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:13 PM

27,093 posts, read 5,877,402 times
No parent is to blame here......I agree AnnaNomus. Most everyone trusts MDs and most MDs deserve that trust.

Then there are the aberrations...as in any job/profession.

I have been a med professional for many years......just for the record:

There is NO reason a physician or any member of med staff MUST be alone with a child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNomus View Post
Put him in general population. Hopefully, another inmate will take the burden of this living piece of crap off the state of Delaware.

As far as why the parents left their children alone with him, we have to remember that people like this are VERY diabolical, charming, and convincing. I'm sure he gave them a plausible sounding reason to be alone with the kids. From what I understand, a lot of the molestations happened within a few moments alone, like "come with me and pick out a sticker" or something like that. Parents tend to trust doctors. He probably went out of his way to earn their trust, only to abuse it. Horrible, and I'm sure every one of those parents are beating themselves up over this, but I don't think they were neglectful. Just naive.

Because of stories like this, I know to NEVER ever leave my child alone FOR ANY REASON. It's too bad that it takes someone else's misfortune for others to learn.

Old 06-11-2011, 02:45 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,464,891 times
Have you read thess articles [:] and my biggest question- why has it taken so long to get this person to trial - this has been going on for how long? And, complaints around 2008-2009...how can this happen or is yet another situation where medical staff professionals, law enforcement, etc. did not step up to the plate and follow through w/complaints...I simply do not get it! All violent crimes are horrible - violent crimes on children - despicable - how do those agencies/professionals sleep at night when they might have been able to save children, even one child - how can this be justified in their minds - I cannot comprehend this at all.

Del. doctor indicted in child sex abuse scandal - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

Delaware Doctor Tried for Rape, Sexual Abuse of Toddler Patients - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ac/20110608/us_ac/8608465_delaware_doctor_tried_for_rape_sexual_abus e_of_toddler_patients_1 - broken link)

1-day trial for ex-pediatrician accused of rape | National news | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/nation/7600336.html - broken link)

Old 06-11-2011, 04:32 PM

296 posts, read 551,056 times
the ones that obey these "great" laws of our nation are the ones that always end up hurt...so maybe we need to rethink our ways of thinking and try it the criminal way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or