U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 01:45 PM

27,093 posts, read 5,877,402 times

Advertisements

Delaware physician Earl Bradley facing ugly and horrific charges against his child patients, some as young as 2 years old. Reportedly confirmed by videos taken from his home. Waiving jury trial-to have judge.

Source: CNN.com/today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 02:36 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,464,635 times
OMG - I don't think there is a sufficient nor appropriate word that I can use to describe this...well, I can, but I will definitely be sanctioned on CD.

Outrageous - horrible - how did he finally get caught - jeez!

Old 06-07-2011, 02:39 PM

This is the article on CNN - I trust this is the physician noted above
Delaware pediatrician goes on trial for alleged sex abuse - CNN.com

Old 06-07-2011, 02:57 PM

I recommend that regardless of how horrible the above CNN news clip is, I think this case [or at least I sincerely hope it will] is going to set a true precedent for how cases such as this will be handled. If, in fact, the Attorney General does exactly what he says he is going to do [and he already started to do so], there is going to be serious accountability to not only police officers, detectives, police departments, medical professionals and the like. To think that complaints were made in 2005 and NOTHING was done, follow up was not done...I shudder to think what else is going to be uncovered AND the Attorney General suspects that there will be more cases appearing. He has already authorized one of his 'right arms' to thoroughly investigate, get all reports that were made, including and especially regarding the Milford Police Department - --

I have frequently added comments about accountability or lack thereof; it truly infuriates me that too many cases could have been prevented, mitigated or stopped completely if those agencies, including law enforcement followed up on complaints, and did what they are paid to do. How many cases are currently w/in the True Crime Thread with just those examples --a local sheriff not following through and going back to a house which we now know held a child captive for how many years!!!!!????? Just scrolling through this thread will undoubtedly reflect exactly this.

This is outrageous -

Years ago there was the very famous CT case where the police just watched a woman get beaten up, practically left for dead - the woman is permanently damaged - she sued the Town and the police department and although the jury did not find the Town specifically guilty, they did the Police Department and that was an amazing amazing case - that was the The Tracy Thurman story/case.

Once this pediatrician is tried and convicted and sentenced to life, I think the every single victim and their respective family should gather together, come in w/a class action suit even if not for money damages, set precedent for accountability.

How can one put a price tag on the life of just one child who was sexually assaulted, you cannot - how a law enforcement officer or any other professional who did nothing when complaints came in can justify why they did not do their job is beyond me; perhaps once this case is done, perhaps the one good thing that can / will come out of it will be that ALL law enforcement officers and ALL professionals will really consider their actions, or lack thereof and understand what accountability means.

To think that there are children who could have been spared those horrors over the past 6 years.....

I am not quite sure yet if I am so angry because of what the pediatrician did or what others did not do, to stop him.

Old 06-07-2011, 03:09 PM

27,093 posts, read 5,877,402 times
Hey sugarmaple, I should know it would be you and me on this.

I could not even put in all the info on the thread because of the sickness and evil.....but still we need to know.....

What total scum...and parents who trust their MDs with their little ones....how can you do so anymore? One thing is true: there is NO reason a MD needs to be ALONE with a child, or anyone else!

I am not sure how they eventually got the videos...when this first surfaced in the news, I knew I would never forget the case or the face of evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
I recommend that regardless of how horrible the above CNN news clip is, I think this case [or at least I sincerely hope it will] is going to set a true precedent for how cases such as this will be handled. If, in fact, the Attorney General does exactly what he says he is going to do [and he already started to do so], there is going to be serious accountability to not only police officers, detectives, police departments, medical professionals and the like. To think that complaints were made in 2005 and NOTHING was done, follow up was not done...I shudder to think what else is going to be uncovered AND the Attorney General suspects that there will be more cases appearing. He has already authorized one of his 'right arms' to thoroughly investigate, get all reports that were made, including and especially regarding the Milford Police Department - --

I have frequently added comments about accountability or lack thereof; it truly infuriates me that too many cases could have been prevented, mitigated or stopped completely if those agencies, including law enforcement followed up on complaints, and did what they are paid to do. How many cases are currently w/in the True Crime Thread with just those examples --a local sheriff not following through and going back to a house which we now know held a child captive for how many years!!!!!????? Just scrolling through this thread will undoubtedly reflect exactly this.

This is outrageous -

Years ago there was the very famous CT case where the police just watched a woman get beaten up, practically left for dead - the woman is permanently damaged - she sued the Town and the police department and although the jury did not find the Town specifically guilty, they did the Police Department and that was an amazing amazing case - that was the The Tracy Thurman story/case.

Once this pediatrician is tried and convicted and sentenced to life, I think the every single victim and their respective family should gather together, come in w/a class action suit even if not for money damages, set precedent for accountability.

How can one put a price tag on the life of just one child who was sexually assaulted, you cannot - how a law enforcement officer or any other professional who did nothing when complaints came in can justify why they did not do their job is beyond me; perhaps once this case is done, perhaps the one good thing that can / will come out of it will be that ALL law enforcement officers and ALL professionals will really consider their actions, or lack thereof and understand what accountability means.

To think that there are children who could have been spared those horrors over the past 6 years.....

I am not quite sure yet if I am so angry because of what the pediatrician did or what others did not do, to stop him.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:34 AM

18,852 posts, read 31,694,472 times
Hmm, I never left my kids alone with a doctor, and if one asked me to leave...I would have, with my child.

People like this are protected because the crime is so horrific, no one wants to believe it, and the psychpath weaves a web of lies.

Hope he gets prison for a long time. Sick pervert.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:22 AM

I completely agree with you! If a physician had said to me .."mom, why don't you wait outside" I too would have taken my child out of there!

Horrific! Interesting too that this doctor has opted for a bench trial, not a jury trial....perhaps he is hoping at least his sentence will be less severe than if it were a jury trial - I trust those jurors, in addition to the evidence, could not help but to incorporate a bit of emotion while deliberating that verdict...

Old 06-08-2011, 09:23 AM

Hey there greatblueheron - you are so right - this is something we both clearly [smile] react to -- is there another word that means even more than outrageous....?

Old 06-08-2011, 12:26 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,810,334 times
What parent would step out of a pediatricians office, if a doctor asked? I mean seriously, who would do that? Well, I guess 109 parents did.
Not to mention, this doctor has that classic chester the molester look.

I wonder if his office served primarily low income parents? They may be more inclined to allow the dr. to have more control because of financial concerns.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:25 PM

7,376 posts, read 12,879,231 times
sick bastard
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or