U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 03:56 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,798,439 times

Advertisements

Crazy! At this point the judge needs to close this to spectators.

This case is out of control with the media frenzy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 07:06 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,815,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
why should orlando people be embarrassed? there were even people out of state who drove to see this trial

the only people who should be embarrassed are the people who got into the scuffle.

i agree with the poster that the trial has been boring, so i have only looked at it occasionally-although i did like the testimony of dr g.

she is a very bright woman with a lot of thoughtful observations. i don't think that casey anthony is going to get away with anything.
Those are the ones who should be most embarassed. These people are sick individuals who have no life, local or not. Its like when there is a horrible accident on the side of the road, blood and gore, and people all huddle around it. They cant bare to look yet they cant seem to look away.

Again I say, SICK

Old 06-14-2011, 04:02 PM

4,577 posts, read 7,080,760 times
doesn't look like there are a whole lot of seats available in this courtroom from the views I've seen. It looks quite small. The people in the courtroom have not been disruptive in any way, as far as I know, so as long as they behave themselves inside the courtroom, that's all that matters legally.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:10 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,798,439 times
Good grief, another fight broke out this morning too! Crazy!

Old 06-17-2011, 02:17 PM

14,505 posts, read 23,813,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
I saw some footage of the line of wannabe spectators and was suprised to see most were well dressed......usually in FL people think flip-flops, shorts, and tank tops are acceptable courtroom attire.

Reminds me of an article years ago where in Pasco County a defendent on a minor misdemeanor charge showed up in flip-flops, shorts and sleeveless scissor cut shirt that had an image of three scantily-clad women standing in the back of a lifted pick-up truck with the caption "Haulin A##". He got probation for the MM charge and 10 days County time for the shirt.
people who have never been to court think its high drama.

Please. The court has limited seats, Judge Perry presided over many major criminal trials.

They need the security outside the court to be like Center St Apellate in NYC. No b.s. is put up with. idiots get arrested.

Its a trial folks, will be over in a few weeks, get a life. Or move to NYC there are 25 homicide trials per day.

Old 06-17-2011, 03:32 PM

17,004 posts, read 20,741,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Good grief, another fight broke out this morning too! Crazy!
Yes it did. And it is locals.

Well it was voted America's Angriest City.

And again people were acting like they were on line for a concert.

They should ban spectators or do a lottery by mail. No ticket, no entrance.

Old 06-17-2011, 03:38 PM

17,004 posts, read 20,741,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
people who have never been to court think its high drama.

Please. The court has limited seats, Judge Perry presided over many major criminal trials.

They need the security outside the court to be like Center St Apellate in NYC. No b.s. is put up with. idiots get arrested.

Its a trial folks, will be over in a few weeks, get a life. Or move to NYC there are 25 homicide trials per day.

Logic isn't allowed in FL.

Always reactive and never proactive.

They knew this was high profile but did no planning on how to handle this.

They had an almost riot on their hands with reporters after CA was arrested and taken out of Orange County Sherriff's office to jail.

So what did they do? They repeated the whole thing a month later when she was arrested the 2nd time.

Instead of going out a back door with the suspect hidden like they do in other places.

They don't seem to "get it".

Old 06-17-2011, 06:32 PM

6,591 posts, read 6,847,357 times
Keystone cops part two!

Old 06-18-2011, 05:51 AM

13,836 posts, read 18,859,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Logic isn't allowed in FL.

Always reactive and never proactive.

They knew this was high profile but did no planning on how to handle this.

They had an almost riot on their hands with reporters after CA was arrested and taken out of Orange County Sherriff's office to jail.

So what did they do? They repeated the whole thing a month later when she was arrested the 2nd time.

Instead of going out a back door with the suspect hidden like they do in other places.

They don't seem to "get it".
I honestly think some sheriff's offices like the publicity they get ,in like they are keeping law and order in the state . Keystone cops is right . I used to live down there . anybody remember the sabrina eisenburg case and how the sheriff's dept was always on tv ? I really do think they like the free publicity .

Old 06-18-2011, 11:43 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,633,263 times
Instead of beefing up security, Orange County spends their money to update the OC Clerk of Courts site and give Casey her own page with umpteen links to even further fuel the frenzy.

Not only Keystone cops but Kangaroo Court....I was suprised to see Sheriff's Dept deputies coming into court testifying wearing side arms.......maybe I'm wrong but I thought everyone had to leave firearms outside the courtroom. Then they dim the lights in courtroom to get a better view on the overhead projector. They're probably not worried about Casey @ 5' 1" 100 lbs soaking wet but if the defendent was 6' 4" 250 lbs, I wouldn't wanna be in that courtroom with dimmed lights and handguns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or