U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-21-2011, 08:14 AM
 
Location: Earth Wanderer, longing for the stars.
12,408 posts, read 16,507,338 times
Reputation: 8779

Advertisements

There are people who try to plan ahead for contingencies in life and only have kids when they think they are secure enough financially to do it right. The best laid plans sometimes fail. That is what I think the public safety net is for. There are others who are just sloppy and careless. If she is a sloppy and careless type I don't think she is responsible enough for rearing children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-24-2011, 05:20 PM
 
Location: Northern CA
12,770 posts, read 9,862,174 times
Reputation: 4243
Why? Because we have the dumbest of the dumb breeding, because it's their right. And we have men that aren't any brighter impregnating them. God I'm so sick of these stories.
Anderson mother charged with leaving three home alone Anderson Independent Mail
This woman shouldn't be allowed to have a hamster!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2011, 06:48 AM
 
5,546 posts, read 8,628,294 times
Reputation: 2768
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
Okay, here is my rationale for the mom's thinking --- she had no sitter, she had no support system AND she had to go to work because she is the sole supporter for her family -- that's my reasoning for her reasoning -- now, that does not mean that was a reasonable decision / choice on her part - she probably figured by keeping them in one room, she was relatively sure their safety was covered --

To me, what this also says is that it is a shame that there are insufficient support systems for people; there are insufficient places/ volunteers/ help, something that can support a mom going to work AND an avenue to watch over her children.

Oh brother....what a shame.
Oh brother what a shame she had three kids when she had no business doing so. I have three pets and I keep the air on at no less than 80 degrees. She does not deserve these kids and it has nothing to do with safety nets. It has to do with her being an unfit mother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2011, 06:50 AM
 
5,546 posts, read 8,628,294 times
Reputation: 2768
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
There are people who try to plan ahead for contingencies in life and only have kids when they think they are secure enough financially to do it right. The best laid plans sometimes fail. That is what I think the public safety net is for. There are others who are just sloppy and careless. If she is a sloppy and careless type I don't think she is responsible enough for rearing children.
Three times would seem to indicate "strike, you're out." I can see once, but not three times. I hope these kids find decent homes and that they are kept together. And I hope she never gets them back - unless if and when she proves herself to be worthy of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2011, 06:54 AM
 
Location: Texas
43,602 posts, read 52,795,008 times
Reputation: 70935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
When I grew up in Odessa Texas there was no home AC, so we stayed in 93 degree rooms all day and nite and no one came around arresting Mom....Come to think of it we even played in it...

THINK, POLICE STATE.....
Much of the third world has to deal with way higher temps (and humidity) than this for months on end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2011, 07:02 AM
 
5,546 posts, read 8,628,294 times
Reputation: 2768
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Much of the third world has to deal with way higher temps (and humidity) than this for months on end.
So you are saying this excuses her behavior? Tell me, how does a one year old help herself or himself to a glass of ice water? That is if she left any water for them at all and do you figure the four year old is supposed to cook? Yeah, just basically starve your kids during the day.

I happen to live in the desert and know what high temps can do. I cannot imagine anyone leaving three little ones alone in a room at a temp of 93 degrees. Maybe it's just because I am a responsible pet owner and always make sure everyone stays hydrated and safe.

This person had no business having three kids alone. Some people are just UNFIT to breed and we have the perfect example here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2011, 07:07 AM
 
Location: Texas
43,602 posts, read 52,795,008 times
Reputation: 70935
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
So you are saying this excuses her behavior? Tell me, how does a one year old help herself or himself to a glass of icewater?

I happen to live in the desert and know what high temps can do. I cannot imagine anyone leaving three little ones alone in a room at a temp of 93 degrees. Maybe it's just because I am a responsible pet owner and always make sure everyone stays hydrated and safe.

This person had no business having three kids alone.
No, I never said it excuses her behavior.

But to me, the bad behavior was the locking them in to be all alone all day...not necessarily the temperature.

Yeah...my dogs get the benefit of my a/c way more than I do (since they are home all day).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2011, 07:13 AM
 
5,546 posts, read 8,628,294 times
Reputation: 2768
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
No, I never said it excuses her behavior.

But to me, the bad behavior was the locking them in to be all alone all day...not necessarily the temperature.

Yeah...my dogs get the benefit of my a/c way more than I do (since they are home all day).
Well, then stop defending this behavior. Three little ones like this could not care for themselves at ANY temperature. Again, UNFIT to breed and I get so sick of people like this. Think twice BEFORE you do the deed. I'd love to be more crude (because that's what it comes down to when you think of it) but a story like this just makes me long for sterilization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2011, 07:16 AM
 
Location: Texas
43,602 posts, read 52,795,008 times
Reputation: 70935
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Well, then stop defending this behavior. Three little ones like this could not care for themselves at ANY temperature. Again, UNFIT to breed and I get so sick of people like this. Think twice BEFORE you do the deed. I'd love to be more crude (because that's what it comes down to when you think of it) but a story like this just makes me long for sterilization.
Woo hoo...nutsofactso...when the hell did I defend her behavior?

And believe me...you don't want to get me started on the cretins in this country that do most of the breeding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2011, 07:19 AM
 
5,546 posts, read 8,628,294 times
Reputation: 2768
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Woo hoo...nutsofactso...when the hell did I defend her behavior?

And believe me...you don't want to get me started on the cretins in this country that do most of the breeding.
By saying that a lot of the world raises their kids in temps higher than this. Well, geez, maybe they are around to give their kids water and food!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top