U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 07:20 AM

43,545 posts, read 52,626,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
By saying that a lot of the world raises their kids in temps higher than this. Well, geez, maybe they are around to give their kids water and food!
Yes. I thought the temperature was IRRELEVANT.

She could have left them in a 70 degree room with Dom, caviar, and blinis and I would have still be upset she left them ALONE.

93 degrees? BFD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 07:23 AM

5,546 posts, read 8,609,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yes. I thought the temperature was IRRELEVANT.

She could have left them in a 70 degree room with Dom, caviar, and blinis and I would have still be upset she left them ALONE.

93 degrees? BFD.
You obviously do not live in a desert. We KNOW the effect of temperatures here. That is why we keep our air on at a reasonable level and make sure everyone has the water they need. Oh, and food helps. Do you know of how many stories there are of parents who leave their kids in the car only to discover them dead?!

Old 06-26-2011, 07:25 AM

Quote:
You obviously do not live in a desert.
I lived in the desert for 3 years. I lived in Central Texas for 5 years. North Texas for 20. I lived on a tropical island on the effin' equator for 9 years (no central a/c there).

Again, I don't even know why we are arguing this point, since we both clearly think the mother was in the wrong, but adding the '93 degrees' was obviously an inflammatory tactic used by the media to get more attention and inject more drama.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:29 AM

Quote:
I lived in the desert for 3 years. I lived in Central Texas for 5 years. North Texas for 20. I lived on a tropical island on the effin' equator for 9 years (no central a/c there).

Again, I don't even know why we are arguing this point, since we both clearly think the mother was in the wrong, but adding the '93 degrees' was obviously an inflammatory tactic used by the media to get more attention and inject more drama.
I don't think so or DSS would not be involved. Look, I've lived in the Midwest and know what 93 degree temps are like WITH humidity and it's not even a desert. Who in their effin right mind locks three kids in a room for ten hours (especially at those ages) unsupervised? Honestly, I hope she NEVER gets these kids back. They deserve a better life than to be with some irresponsible low life who is so stupid not to realize what I see clearly. And fer chrissakes, at LEAST go to Goodwill and buy a freaking fan. One can be had for $5.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:42 AM

1,567 posts, read 2,081,058 times
BFD!
My mom used to lock me and my sister in an animal crate and set it in the sun on the back patio for hours on end as punishment in the summer when we lived in plam desert CA and nobody ever though anything of it. I remember having to urinate on one another just to cool down.......LOL
kids these days have it to easy. It's amazing how PC this country is getting

Old 06-26-2011, 07:44 AM

Quote:
I don't think so or DSS would not be involved. Look, I've lived in the Midwest and know what 93 degree temps are like WITH humidity and it's not even a desert. Who in their effin right mind locks three kids in a room for ten hours (especially at those ages) unsupervised? Honestly, I hope she NEVER gets these kids back. They deserve a better life than to be with some irresponsible low life who is so stupid not to realize what I see clearly. And fer chrissakes, at LEAST go to Goodwill and buy a freaking fan. One can be had for $5.

You don't think DSS would be involved with a mother who locked her NOT-EVEN-SCHOOL-AGED children in a room all alone all day long?

Old 06-26-2011, 08:02 AM

Quote:
You don't think DSS would be involved with a mother who locked her NOT-EVEN-SCHOOL-AGED children in a room all alone all day long?
Sure they would. But just like the parent here in AZ who leaves their kid in a hot car and the kid dies, it's a matter of degree in negligance.

Old 06-26-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
BFD!
My mom used to lock me and my sister in an animal crate and set it in the sun on the back patio for hours on end as punishment in the summer when we lived in plam desert CA and nobody ever though anything of it. I remember having to urinate on one another just to cool down.......LOL
kids these days have it to easy. It's amazing how PC this country is getting
I'm sorry, you sound like you were abused and do not even realize it.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:47 AM

12,770 posts, read 9,835,394 times
Quote:
There was no power to the trailer.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
There was no power to the trailer.
Oh, that explains everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or