Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 05:18 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,224,712 times

Advertisements

I will tell you about a case in Vegas that I thought was VERY suspect, a foru year old Autistic boy was left in a car for almost 24 hours, in the summer.

The Mother came home at 4pm, started dinner, she went to bed, thought the older kids were taking care of the young boy, the kids said they ate dinner, thought the boy was asleep with the Mother. The next day, the Mother said she thought the boy was playing, she never saw him.

I just found that whole story pretty lame. Either that, or she is the worst Mother ever. Especially for a disabled child..she did not check him at all?

They were charged with child neglect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 05:21 PM

I will tell you about a case in Vegas that I thought was VERY suspect, a foru year old Autistic boy was left in a car for almost 24 hours, in the summer.

The Mother came home at 4pm, started dinner, she went to bed, thought the older kids were taking care of the young boy, the kids said they ate dinner, thought the boy was asleep with the Mother. The next day, the Mother said she thought the boy was playing, she never saw him.

I just found that whole story pretty lame. Either that, or she is the worst Mother ever. Especially for a disabled child..she did not check him at all?

They were charged with child neglect.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:28 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,157,053 times
The mother may be on drugs (the illegal kind) or nursing a bad hangover. I dunno. It's a mystery to me, too.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:04 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,537,843 times
What's most alarming to me is that, this scenario could be used by perpetrators who find this an ideal way of getting rid of the helpless/burden without being suspected of foul play and be held accountable.
Again...I'm not saying or judging that the parents were deliberate in these instances...but, should be investigated more thoroughly...so that cases such as this...with malicious intent, can be avoided.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:20 PM

Interesting point^^if Casey Anthony had just left her kid in the car, and partied with her BF, she would probably be free by now, even if charged 3 years ago with child neglect.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:37 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,656,023 times
I remember a case near me where a mother left her infant in the car to go gambling. Afterwards she drove around town, stopped at a drive-thru, got something to eat... then suddenly realized her baby was in the back seat.

The case went to court and went on for a week. Everyone on the jury felt so sorry for her that they declared her "not guilty".

The front-page picture in the newspaper the next morning was she and her friends walking away from the courtroom, laughing and dancing and high-fiving each other.

Her baby was dead and she was so ecstatic that she didn't have to pay the price for it.
Yay.

I think anyone who 'accidentally' leaves their own child to die, because they are busy with their own lives, ought to be neutered without anesthetic. Having been an EMT, I know exactly how horrible that particular death is, how long it takes, what happens to the child internally and externally. Having raised my own children as well as fostering others, I was very much aware of my responsibility for those little innocent lives. Anyone who doesn't take that responsibility seriously enough to defend and protect that tiny helpless life, with carseats, seatbelts, and full attention, doesn't deserve to even raise a dog, much less a human child. That's my firm opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:01 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,537,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Interesting point^^if Casey Anthony had just left her kid in the car, and partied with her BF, she would probably be free by now, even if charged 3 years ago with child neglect.
A horrific possibility that perpetrators may just or could have employed...makes my hair stand on end......

Old 06-16-2011, 12:13 PM

77,795 posts, read 59,953,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Brilliant point...but she would have to be in a more sympathetic situation than that because partying get's you manslaughter charges.

Plus, she's not exactly a rocket scientist and would probably google "how to kill your baby by leaving it in a car" and thus earn murder charges.

Opens up all kinds of odd scenarios like getting a large python and letting it roam the house (true story how one kid got killed in CO) or leaving various hazards around the house like frayed electrical cords or tossing the kid in a swimming pool.....

Ugh.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:23 PM

Hmm...not to make light of this...but I wish I could have figured out a brilliant "accident" for my ex husband...oh well...

Old 06-16-2011, 12:32 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,843,476 times
I think I give the benefit of the doubt in these cases because the first story I heard like this was about a couple. The wife usually dropped the child off at day care. One morning she was sick, so the husband said he would drop the baby off for her on his way to work. He got in the car and drove to work. At lunch time, he called his wife to see how she was feeling. She told him she was feeling a bit better and asked if their son had given him any trouble when he dropped him off at day care. Suddenly he remembered. He ran outside to his car, but it was too late.

It was a break from routine and he had just driven to work on auto-pilot. It was a horrible tragedy. The next case I read about was similar because it was also a break from routine. I guess that is why I usually give the benefit of the doubt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime