U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Will Casey take the stand, what do you think...?
Yes she will try to save her life and lie her way on the stand 4 9.76%
No she will not. 37 90.24%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-24-2011, 08:48 PM
 
218 posts, read 111,847 times
Reputation: 39

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Medical examiner cannot 100% rule exact on time of death. Its not forensically possible. Most cases even murder are circumstantial. Crime scene was a pet cemetery casey used to bury her pets....thats pretty telling IMO.

parents are in mode of, shes not innocent, we just dont want her to get DP...so, imo she will get LWOP at least.
Is LWOP an applicable sentence for the other charges in this case or for any lesser included findings?

I don't think the state has proven that Caylee's death was premeditated murder by Casey. Cindy Anthony's testimony that she did the google searches regarding chloroform, etc., contradicts the state's assertion that those google searches proved premeditation on the part of Casey.

The place where the body was found is open property and can be accessed by anyone in the entire city of Orlando. The state cannot prove that Casey Anthony was on that property or that she dumped the body there. Btw, why didn't the state call Roy Crump, the man who found the body? That's highly unusual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-24-2011, 08:52 PM
 
218 posts, read 111,847 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
Lets all face it Baez knows his client did it, has no chance on getting her off scott free, he has no case to base anything on but yet the state HAS to give Casey an attorney. I can't say as I am impressed with what I have seen but he has nothing going in his defense of her.

Am I wrong in remembering that the State of Florida would not give Casey any type of deal or did I actually hear that?
Do you have a problem with the State providing legal counsel to people who cannot afford to hire and attorney?

Do you want the State to be able to try you without your having legal counsel?

Do you think it would be a good idea for people who are arrested be presumed guilty until proven innocent??

I think Baez did a really good job in court today. No, I don't think he's the best defense attorney out there for murder trials, but he's trying, and today was a win for him. I disagree with you that Baez "knows his client did it."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 09:01 PM
 
Location: tampa bay
6,589 posts, read 6,842,807 times
Reputation: 9861
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingwithpain View Post
Is LWOP an applicable sentence for the other charges in this case or for any lesser included findings?

I don't think the state has proven that Caylee's death was premeditated murder by Casey. Cindy Anthony's testimony that she did the google searches regarding chloroform, etc., contradicts the state's assertion that those google searches proved premeditation on the part of Casey.

The place where the body was found is open property and can be accessed by anyone in the entire city of Orlando. The state cannot prove that Casey Anthony was on that property or that she dumped the body there. Btw, why didn't the state call Roy Crump, the man who found the body? That's highly unusual.
Why doesn't the defense call Kronk??It's their theory that he was holding the body somewhere for his big reward? More importantly why the heck didn't Baez ask Lee Anthony if he tried to molest Casey (as she claims) or does he have any knowledge if George did???Perhaps because Baez knows it's not true??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 09:22 PM
 
Location: Old Town Alexandria
14,505 posts, read 23,806,824 times
Reputation: 8838
Supposedly he is on the defense witness list. Kronk. Defense didnt ask Lee that on the stand, bcs the answer was prolly no, and so then that ruins the defenses angle, and opens the door for prosecution on cross-examine.

Baez isnt the worst, Im sure that he knows what she did though, most criminal attys do. Its just business as usual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2011, 04:13 PM
 
25,956 posts, read 39,251,559 times
Reputation: 13935
Well today the computer searchesby Cindy were clearly made to be out as a lie by Cindy.

Lee contradicted his mom statement, so IMO the jury will have to hear Casey and believe her to save her life...to me this is a slam dunk for the prosecution!

When the judge spoke about Casey taking the stand and it should be her decision only if she does or not...she clearly showed signs of understanding what the judge stated and it could mean she wants to takes the stand...her last seconds of her extended 15 min. of fame so to say....then it is bye bye and we probably won't see her anymore...just like Scott Peterson...only a name to be heared of when an appeal comes up and waiting for the final call...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2011, 08:12 PM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,783,040 times
Reputation: 26119
I agree, Casey is so full of herself that she thinks she is all that, she wants her 15 minutes of fame. I believe that is why we had a recess for a mental health exam for Casey, because she wants to tell her story, and any sane person knows she is completely out to lunch in denial about this whole mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2011, 08:33 PM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,783,040 times
Reputation: 26119
I agree, Casey is so full of herself that she thinks she is all that, she wants her 15 minutes of fame. I believe that is why we had a recess for a mental health exam for Casey, because she wants to tell her story, and any sane person knows she is completely out to lunch in denial about this whole mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2011, 10:10 PM
 
94 posts, read 39,181 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Well today the computer searchesby Cindy were clearly made to be out as a lie by Cindy.

Lee contradicted his mom statement, so IMO the jury will have to hear Casey and believe her to save her life...to me this is a slam dunk for the prosecution!

When the judge spoke about Casey taking the stand and it should be her decision only if she does or not...she clearly showed signs of understanding what the judge stated and it could mean she wants to takes the stand...her last seconds of her extended 15 min. of fame so to say....then it is bye bye and we probably won't see her anymore...just like Scott Peterson...only a name to be heared of when an appeal comes up and waiting for the final call...
Don't think she'll get the death penalty. Just don't think it will happen.

Yes, two psychologists and one psychiatrist examined her over the weekend and they found her to be mentally competent.

The jury has not been contaminated by hearing all the biased stuff we have heard on TV since the trial started. They are hearing NOTHING but what is going on in the courtroom. I don't think this is a "slam dunk" case for the prosecution.

Btw, how was it proven that Cindy didn't do those searches? I missed that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2011, 03:19 AM
 
25,956 posts, read 39,251,559 times
Reputation: 13935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritos View Post
Don't think she'll get the death penalty. Just don't think it will happen.

Yes, two psychologists and one psychiatrist examined her over the weekend and they found her to be mentally competent.

The jury has not been contaminated by hearing all the biased stuff we have heard on TV since the trial started. They are hearing NOTHING but what is going on in the courtroom. I don't think this is a "slam dunk" case for the prosecution.

Btw, how was it proven that Cindy didn't do those searches? I missed that.
I have listened to many so called "experts" on tv. Dr. Biden who in another murder case was later trashed when a new trial was ordered and his expertise was torn to pieces by 3 other experts and the guy was found "not guilty' after Dr. Biden had basically caused him the guilty verdict earlier.
I heard Linda Kenny Baden stated things and in the court room it came out she called an expert before the remains were found to be Caylees which made it looks the defense knew it was her before the rest of world and family was informed about it.

Another expert on tv stated that cheese en some meat can smell like a dead body when it is put in a trunk nin Florida summer weather. BUT when asked if he ever smelled a real dead body...he stated "NO"!

If you just listen and use common sense than to me their is no biased media in this case....I rule out Geraldo who had an issue with the family, etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2011, 05:00 AM
 
94 posts, read 39,181 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I have listened to many so called "experts" on tv. Dr. Biden who in another murder case was later trashed when a new trial was ordered and his expertise was torn to pieces by 3 other experts and the guy was found "not guilty' after Dr. Biden had basically caused him the guilty verdict earlier.
I heard Linda Kenny Baden stated things and in the court room it came out she called an expert before the remains were found to be Caylees which made it looks the defense knew it was her before the rest of world and family was informed about it.

Another expert on tv stated that cheese en some meat can smell like a dead body when it is put in a trunk nin Florida summer weather. BUT when asked if he ever smelled a real dead body...he stated "NO"!

If you just listen and use common sense than to me their is no biased media in this case....I rule out Geraldo who had an issue with the family, etc...
It's always a war between experts! The JURY gets to decide which experts they believe. Remember, the jury only hears what comes from the witness stand and the courtroom. They aren't watching the TV talking heads tear down the experts they don't like.

Btw, what did you hear which made you think that Cindy's testimony about the searches was proven to be a lie?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top