U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Casey take the stand, what do you think...?
Yes she will try to save her life and lie her way on the stand 4 9.76%
No she will not. 37 90.24%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 11:35 AM

43,858 posts, read 44,656,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritos View Post
It's always a war between experts! The JURY gets to decide which experts they believe. Remember, the jury only hears what comes from the witness stand and the courtroom. They aren't watching the TV talking heads tear down the experts they don't like.

Btw, what did you hear which made you think that Cindy's testimony about the searches was proven to be a lie?

Probably referring to the fact that the date/time the searches were done, Cindy was shown as being clocked in at work. Now, she has an explanation for that, but it will have to be verified by coworkers/boss who will now probably be called to testify. Not sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 03:14 PM

94 posts, read 39,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Probably referring to the fact that the date/time the searches were done, Cindy was shown as being clocked in at work. Now, she has an explanation for that, but it will have to be verified by coworkers/boss who will now probably be called to testify. Not sure.
Well, it's an absolute fact that sometimes bosses and co-workers think that individuals are at work when they are not. A worker can run out of the office for a few minutes without clocking out and without the boss knowing they left. As a supervisor at one job, I went out for a work-related reason and ran into one of my employees on the street; I had no idea that he had left the office. But bottom line, the jury will have to determine from their own life experiences who they will believe. If someone is going to testify to impeach Cindy's testimony, they'll be called by the state when they have their turn for rebuttal.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:15 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,783,040 times
I think the defense will rest tomorrow, I don't see CA testifying. Unless she is completely crazy.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:19 PM

4,577 posts, read 7,076,737 times
I agree, they will rest tomorrow and rebuttal and closing arguments will begin next week...I heard that some members of the jury had plans for fourth of July weekend and told that to the judge prior to their selection, and were assured they would be done by then...they must be PO'd.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:00 PM

6,590 posts, read 6,842,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
I agree, they will rest tomorrow and rebuttal and closing arguments will begin next week...I heard that some members of the jury had plans for fourth of July weekend and told that to the judge prior to their selection, and were assured they would be done by then...they must be PO'd.
If they rest tomorrow they still have Friday for rebuttal and Saturday for closings.They could get the case by Saturday afternoon and start deliberations.The Judge won't have the jury sitting around over a long weekend if he can help it!

Old 06-29-2011, 06:03 PM

^^^I forgot to add if Casey takes the stand everything I said above goes out the window!Jeff Ashton will have Casey on the stand till one of them gets carried out on a stretcher!!

Old 06-29-2011, 07:35 PM

32,532 posts, read 30,730,808 times
I don't think she'll testify. I DO think she'll try to get in a statement a-la OJ: "No your honor, I won't testify all I want is to go home and try to build my life after the tragic death of my daughter."

Old 06-29-2011, 08:22 PM

31,458 posts, read 19,689,179 times
Other than claiming she was sexually abused by her father, I don't know what value Casey's testimony could possibly have for her defense.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:35 PM

I think she has a deep need to hurt and humiliate her parents! I think that might have been the real reason she killed Caylee,to take away that which they most loved!So Casey might insist on taking the stand!

Old 06-29-2011, 11:42 PM

94 posts, read 39,181 times
I think Casey Anthony certainly should take the stand. Her character has been so assasinated that there is almost nothing to lose now by letting her testify. Let the jury hear from her personally. And let Jeff Ashton figuratively "beat her up" on the stand. That actually could be helpful to the defense. Maybe people need to see that this young woman is not the heartless psychopath as she's been painted. As I've said before, seems to me people are giving her far too much credit for being shrew, cold, calculating, and able to plan something like the murder of her daughter. She's not smart enough nor is she focused enough to plan to murder her child and follow through with it. I think most people have never met any of those people who can do things like that so they have no clue what to look for. Ted Bundy was quite charming by all accounts of people who met him. Also, as I've said before, her behavior indicates to me that she's very emotionally and mentally damaged as a result of something going on in her family, and that she lies mostly to try to get approval from her family and people she wants to be her friends so they will think she is successful. She's not a Hanibal-like character as was Anthony Hopkins in those movies!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime