U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Casey take the stand, what do you think...?
Yes she will try to save her life and lie her way on the stand 4 9.76%
No she will not. 37 90.24%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 11:47 PM

94 posts, read 39,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
If they rest tomorrow they still have Friday for rebuttal and Saturday for closings.They could get the case by Saturday afternoon and start deliberations.The Judge won't have the jury sitting around over a long weekend if he can help it!
The closings could take at lease a day and a half. Also, there are the jury instructions by the judge. That will take some time too. That jury would be totally exhausted if they had to sit through closings by both sides, then the jury instructions. That's hours and hours of very dense material being thrown at them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 12:49 AM

15,164 posts, read 13,429,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I think she has a deep need to hurt and humiliate her parents! I think that might have been the real reason she killed Caylee,to take away that which they most loved!So Casey might insist on taking the stand!
Boy, I'll say. When George and Cindy broke down and cried in anguish while testifying.....complete strangers cried right along with them.....but not Casey.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:09 AM

595 posts, read 739,830 times
Default Will Casey take the stand ? What do you think?

Well it's a good quetion, but it would likely be cut short as she will breakdown and become tormented by cross examination primarily as a response to a desparate need to avoid ANY questions from the proscecution. And if she takes the stand this narcisstic loose cannon will openly bury herself and it will be just a weird scene.

Das

No one has questioned one outside motive for her apparent escape from
the responsibilty of Caylee beyond just her social network and that is
whether or not she is bi-sexual? One hates to gossip or slander, but
the pictures presented in her social circles suggested a lifestyle that
included both men and women via sexual posturing.

Last edited by DASULAR17; 06-30-2011 at 02:11 AM.. Reason: formating

Old 06-30-2011, 03:14 AM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASULAR17 View Post
Well it's a good quetion, but it would likely be cut short as she will breakdown and become tormented by cross examination primarily as a response to a desparate need to avoid ANY questions from the proscecution. And if she takes the stand this narcisstic loose cannon will openly bury herself and it will be just a weird scene.

Das

No one has questioned one outside motive for her apparent escape from
the responsibilty of Caylee beyond just her social network and that is
whether or not she is bi-sexual? One hates to gossip or slander, but
the pictures presented in her social circles suggested a lifestyle that
included both men and women via sexual posturing.[/quote]
A couple of girls "bumping and grinding" during a hot body contest in a night club does not mean they are bisexual or lesbian.....it means NOTHING as far as I am concerned.

It is totally normal behavior to me in those circumstances.....I would make nothing of it.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:09 AM

25,881 posts, read 39,160,903 times
[quote=Annie53;19819476]
Quote:

A couple of girls "bumping and grinding" during a hot body contest in a night club does not mean they are bisexual or lesbian.....it means NOTHING as far as I am concerned.

It is totally normal behavior to me in those circumstances.....I would make nothing of it.
I don't think it is relevent if she is a lesbian or bi....we know she likes boys and had sex more then once since she stayed in bed for almost 24 hrs after Caylee was last seen...and no Caylee in that bed.

I never heard a grieving person act like her..but wasn't that kind of similar defense in the Scott Peterson case and look where he spends his days now...maybe they can spend it together..nice team.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:40 AM

32,532 posts, read 30,660,496 times
They broke for lunch today a half hour earlier than usual. (So a two hour lunch instead of 90 minutes.) I'm assuming Baez is in last minute talks with Casey about whether or not she takes the stand.

If Baez stops now his case is going to end with a whimper. (Far as I'm concerned, though, his entire defense has been a whole lot of nothing. Casey made a major mistake going with someone with so little experience. Where's Gerry Spence when you need him?)

Old 06-30-2011, 11:35 AM

18,852 posts, read 31,717,452 times
And the answer is...No.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
They broke for lunch today a half hour earlier than usual. (So a two hour lunch instead of 90 minutes.) I'm assuming Baez is in last minute talks with Casey about whether or not she takes the stand.

If Baez stops now his case is going to end with a whimper. (Far as I'm concerned, though, his entire defense has been a whole lot of nothing. Casey made a major mistake going with someone with so little experience. Where's Gerry Spence when you need him?)
I think Casey's biggest mistake was dragging her father into the drowning scenario.

If she had said she was alone......and Caylee drowned......and then she panicked......it would have been believable. She might have gotten off with time served.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:26 PM

32,532 posts, read 30,660,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'm assuming Baez is in last minute talks with Casey about whether or not she takes the stand.
Well, I was wrong. lol. The defense all went and had lunch at a restaurant apparently.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:20 PM

9,729 posts, read 18,427,787 times
What casey did to her child is discusting & her life in state prison is going to be pure hell. She most likely will end up being a lover to one of the god awful nasty looking dyke ******* in prison. Im sure casey will also get to personally meet johnny broom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime