Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 04:23 PM

32,516 posts, read 36,985,292 times

Advertisements

I thought of Dennis Fung more than once today while Mr. Bug Guy was being cross-examined by the prosecution.

I'll give Baez credit for hanging in there, but his witness was torn apart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 07:28 PM

7,112 posts, read 8,593,914 times
Baez has been Casey's lawyer before little Caylee's body was found! He may have bought her story before the remains showed up but after...Baez should have been running to the courthouse steps to cut his client a deal! Today the prosecuter schooled him in cross examination 101! Baez only hope is for a stealth juror (#4?) to hang it up,then he gets a do over so he can cut some deal save her from herself!

Old 06-20-2011, 02:12 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,198,257 times
Baez would have never settled on a deal..he wanted the "limelight" of this case. He has no defense, that is why the case is stalled, and the court was shut down today. He wants witnesses to say things that were not submitted into original reports..hello, that is a major no-no. If it is not in the report, they can't just decide to say stuff on the stand...make up whatever...that seems to be his defense "strategy". Rate for him, so far...2.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:09 PM

7,112 posts, read 8,593,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Baez would have never settled on a deal..he wanted the "limelight" of this case. He has no defense, that is why the case is stalled, and the court was shut down today. He wants witnesses to say things that were not submitted into original reports..hello, that is a major no-no. If it is not in the report, they can't just decide to say stuff on the stand...make up whatever...that seems to be his defense "strategy". Rate for him, so far...2.
Well I don't think Baez is gonna like his reputation after this trial...he brings incompetance to a whole new level!

Old 06-20-2011, 07:44 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,917,596 times
Jose Baez graduated 183rd in his class of 186. The Florida Bar and the Florida Supreme Court declined his admission for eight years after he graduated from law school. The Florida Supreme Court even admonished Baez for a sleazy personal lifestyle.

If I was facing the death penalty I definitely would not want Jose Baez fighting for my life. I guess an attorney has to get his feet wet sometime and this is his first death penalty case. Jose has bit off more than he can chew with this case. Perhaps that is his intent just confuse the heck out of the jury (reasonable doubt.)

Old 06-20-2011, 08:08 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,198,257 times
OMG!! Now, I can't believe anyone would given him money! I think he saw CA as a "cash cow" and she came with plenty of media, so he could play "Perry Mason". Good grief. CA is so full of herself, she would not take her brother's advice about getting a new attorney. Well, as Forrest Gump said, "Stupid is, as stupid does".

Old 06-20-2011, 08:32 PM

27,203 posts, read 46,518,781 times
Baez up to date gets an "F" from me!

Old 06-20-2011, 09:08 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,124,762 times
I think Barry Cohen could have given the state a run for their money in his prime, but now I believe he's more into personal injury law.

Old 06-21-2011, 04:13 PM

1,424 posts, read 5,318,654 times
OK, is Jose stupid or is he deliberately flubbing everything up? Is he that desperate that his strategy is to ask leading Qs with sustained objections and violate orders even at his own expense of sanctions? I bet the judge wants to find him in contempt but is concerned about the appearance and impact on the verdict which could lend itself to grounds for appeal.

I am truly perplexed as to whether he's clueless or this is on purpose.

I wish the defense would just say "ok, never mind, we have no defense, we're done."

This is a crazy trial.

Contrast this to the Jason Young trial ...now those lawyers have their acts together.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:20 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,917,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Baez has been Casey's lawyer before little Caylee's body was found! He may have bought her story before the remains showed up but after...Baez should have been running to the courthouse steps to cut his client a deal! Today the prosecuter schooled him in cross examination 101! Baez only hope is for a stealth juror (#4?) to hang it up,then he gets a do over so he can cut some deal save her from herself!
All that time in jury selection ... now day after day of the trial ... has to be lots of taxpayer dollars spent and Baez's ace in the hole might end up being:

Juror 4: THE CHURCH LADY
The never married woman is in her late 40s and lives alone. Deeply religious, she did not want to be selected, saying, "I don't like to judge people." Anthony's defense fought to keep her on the jury.

I sincerely hope we don't see a mistrial or hung jury!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime