U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 08:48 AM

43,858 posts, read 44,625,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Really, I mean, half the people in Orlando barely speak English...
Most of our janitorial staff at work, and I work for a newspaper, don't speak English at all. I found that all to be so bazaar when I first moved here three years ago. It was AMAZING to me how so many people in one town had no idea what the others were even saying.

I decided to learn Spanish instead.... so I could read the billboards and the signs in some of the grocery store.

But what I will say in regards to Orlando as a whole is that Latino's don't play when it comes to families and babies. They won't be giving Casey any slack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 10:23 AM

94 posts, read 39,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Defense attorney's listen to the defendent, and vigorously defend the story that the defendent presnts. Which is why a scrupulous defense attorney would not have touched this case with a ten foot pole, after all CA is a KNOWN, pathological liar. Baez is on clear ground here, he could have suggested this as a possible scenario, and Casey readily agreed and ran with it, or she herself could have told him this story, and he took it at face value. He has no liability in this drama, client told him the information.

Baez saw CA as a bottomless check, with guaranteed payment, and the added bonus of media attention. He sees himself as an Orlando "F. Lee Bailey". Right.
What do you mean by bottomless check? How is he being paid? I agree that media attention could be a plus for him in future work. Just don't know who is paying him now, the court or CA.

Old 06-26-2011, 11:31 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,466,831 times
Quote:
If you are watching this trial, Cindy Anthony always has her head down and writing. I think that is where the book and movie will come from on the Anthony side.
Don't forget, however, that if convicted, she cannot profit - so, she can certainly write a novel, but, I believe it will simply be an exercise of grammar and penmanship.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
Don't forget, however, that if convicted, she cannot profit - so, she can certainly write a novel, but, I believe it will simply be an exercise of grammar and penmanship.
That's true.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:39 PM

3,173 posts, read 3,078,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
If you are watching this trial, Cindy Anthony always has her head down and writing. I think that is where the book and movie will come from on the Anthony side.
That's what I thought too and maybe it was good therapy for her but now it's lookin' like she has been preparing her lies for the defense. Good ole Cindy, coming back stronger than ever.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:59 PM

I found this commentary in the Orlando Sentinel which I think is very interesting. When you compare this case to other cases in Florida it puts things in a different perspective. Baez is doing better than I thought he would.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...death-sentence

"I am beginning to wonder if Casey Anthony and Josť Baez could pull off the impossible.
Not exoneration from the jury but a death sentence from the judge."

Old 06-26-2011, 01:03 PM

6,588 posts, read 6,830,968 times
Casey Anthony if convicted can't profit from Caylees' death. George and Cindy are free to profit anyway they chose.Hopefully they won't!

Old 06-26-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
That's what I thought too and maybe it was good therapy for her but now it's lookin' like she has been preparing her lies for the defense. Good ole Cindy, coming back stronger than ever.
I could be wrong but I thought I heard that Cindy Anthony testified in a deposition way back or maybe reported to police very early on in the case that she did the google searches, so her testifying now that she did those is not new information.

Old 06-26-2011, 02:17 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,742,630 times
I heard Baez got an initial cash payout of $250,000 from Casey, she sold pictures and video of Caylee. Now Casey is declared "Indigent" by the court, and Baez is bellying up to the public trough, with almost a blank check from the State of Florida, as they don't want to say "noL to a request from Baez and risk appeal issues. Fat money for a former ambulance chaser and defender of petty criminals.

Meanwhile, the State of Florida has no money for education, has made cuts to pensions, does not invest in infrastructure projects, and cuts higher education, and services for elderly.

Great. But the State of Florida has plenty of money for a death penalty media circus. With Baez as the ringmaster clown.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:59 PM

9,916 posts, read 9,310,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritos View Post
That's true.
Casey Anthony if convicted cannot profit ... but good ole Mom Cindy, George and Lee Anthony can sign book deals, movie deals, TV appearances and haul in mega bucks. I can see a forthcoming mini-series now compliments of the Anthony family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or