U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 08:18 AM

10 posts, read 11,900 times

Advertisements

guards or love ones
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 11:28 AM

455 posts, read 554,014 times
Often,the gang leaders will force a lesser guy that has nothing to offer (no family,no money,etc) to communicate with someone and sched. visits were they attempt to pass drugs, they often get caught and the inmate will get time added to his sentence and the one who brings it in is charged, if the inmate refuses they will beat/kill him.This adds to the endless cycle of misery that is the prison system, Americans seem to care less. Oh, there is alot of simple corruption as well.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:36 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,742,630 times
It actually makes me wonder if the staff really even cares about drugs. They do care about weapons, of course, but I think that they could care less if the inmates drug themselves up. Who would you rather guard all day? Someone nodding off on dope, or someone just hanging out? Drug addicts are pretty laid back, unless it is meth or crack, and that stuff is pretty difficult to do in prison anyway.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:32 PM

7,112 posts, read 9,356,053 times
Where there's a will, there's a way. Some guards, not being corrupt, are just lazy. They get to trust this or that favorite inmate and figure they don't have to check this time. They don't check care packages coming in the mail. Some visiting rooms allow visitors to touch the prisoners, so they can hold their children, etc., and it's not unusual to smuggle a ziploc full of this or that inside a baby's loaded diaper that no guard on earth wants to look inside.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:18 AM

74 posts, read 98,950 times
I been on the inside know what Im sayin? You know if there s a wayin theres a way in you know and the prison officials tolerate it and profit by it gna mean so if they want to put a stop to it they put a stop to it but they not want to.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:57 AM

43,858 posts, read 44,625,879 times
Not sure about other counties, but here in Florida, it has been proven on many occasions it was the correction officers......................
Quote:
Finally, two corrections officers were arrested, one for delivering illegal drugs to inmates and the other for helping an inmate attempt a dangerous escape
Violent Inmate Escapes From Osceola Jail - News Story - WFTV Orlando

Old 07-10-2011, 09:09 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,627,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Not sure about other counties, but here in Florida, it has been proven on many occasions it was the correction officers......................

Violent Inmate Escapes From Osceola Jail - News Story - WFTV Orlando
Speaking of escapes in FL,I know in the Pinellas County Jail they had to start being more thorough when releasing inmates because all it took was cutting off a plastic wrist band with a name and inmate number. The wrist bands are supossed to be tamper proof but an inmate incarcerated for short county time may give his to a lifer or someone facing a long sentence and out the door he goes.

I believe now you have to verbally state your name ,DOB,SSN, mother's maiden name and even be fingerprinted on the way out so they make sure they're releasing the right guy.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:16 AM

43,858 posts, read 44,625,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
Speaking of escapes in FL,I know in the Pinellas County Jail they had to start being more thorough when releasing inmates because all it took was cutting off a plastic wrist band with a name and inmate number. The wrist bands are supossed to be tamper proof but an inmate incarcerated for short county time may give his to a lifer or someone facing a long sentence and out the door he goes.

I believe now you have to verbally state your name ,DOB,SSN, mother's maiden name and even be fingerprinted on the way out so they make sure they're releasing the right guy.
Florida always has bazaar crimes. I don't know. There are so many stellar law enforcement officers and jail guards....but we have our share of those who make lots of money on the side working with and assisting the gangs/drug dealers.

I don't feel unsafe living here because I don't know these sort of people, but the sheer magnitude of gang related crimes is overwhelming.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:24 AM

9,916 posts, read 9,310,188 times
If any of you recall Susan Smith. She murdered her two sons, 3 year old Michael and 14 months old Alex. She strapped them in their car seats and drove the car to the John D. Long Lake and let the car roll into the lake drowning both children. One of the divers that located the car said a little hand was pressed against the rear window.

In 2000 Smith was having sex with a prison guard and had to be treated for an STD. The guard had been employed there 13 years. Under questioning she admitted there was a second guard too. He was a Captain and night supervisor. Both guards pleaded guilty.

This brought about an investigation by our state and over a dozen guards were terminated for having sex with inmates or smuggling drugs.

Susan Smith was transferred to another prison. It seems inmates can get drugs and now they are getting cell phones smuggled in too.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:00 AM

1,812 posts, read 2,848,255 times
the entire system not just the prison officers are currupt. So is our government who allows it to continue this long. Notice none of the workers get arrested for any of this and the prisons are still open. you think that they would arrest the person in charge and close down a prison who continues to have the same exact issue with drugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime