Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 08:17 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
Nancy Grace and her paid minions are still milking this story.....anything for money and ratings.
Yeah, well you sound like the type to be standing in line for Casey's autogaph, when you buy her first book. Nancy has her priorities straight, she despises people that murder children. While you are still foolish enough to think there is good in everybody, it just takes the right circumstance or person to let that light shine. Sorry to burst your bubble, but that is wishful thinking. Some folks are just plain evil. Casey is the same person now that she was 3 years ago. If this hasn't changed her, nothing will.
You are not alone, Ramirez had his fan club too.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:35 PM

288 posts, read 167,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Yeah, well you sound like the type to be standing in line for Casey's autogaph, when you buy her first book. Nancy has her priorities straight, she despises people that murder children. While you are still foolish enough to think there is good in everybody, it just takes the right circumstance or person to let that light shine. Sorry to burst your bubble, but that is wishful thinking. Some folks are just plain evil. Casey is the same person now that she was 3 years ago. If this hasn't changed her, nothing will.
You are not alone, Ramirez had his fan club too.
Who is Ramirez?

Nancy Grace has learned well how to make money off victims. First she did it with her boyfriend's death. Now she's doing it by stirring up violent emotions using a dead little girl. Seems that she should have learned something after she was sued by the estate of a woman who killed herself after she was interviewed by Nancy. But, no. Nancy Grace makes money off murder victims. Plus she has no shame about bringing the names of her own children so she can try to cry those crocodile tears. That's the bottom line.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Who is Ramirez?

Nancy Grace has learned well how to make money off victims. First she did it with her boyfriend's death. Now she's doing it by stirring up violent emotions using a dead little girl. Seems that she should have learned something after she was sued by the estate of a woman who killed herself after she was interviewed by Nancy. But, no. Nancy Grace makes money off murder victims. Plus she has no shame about bringing the names of her own children so she can try to cry those crocodile tears. That's the bottom line.
I have been no fan of Nancy's, but this bashing is over the top, and I think she is being unfairly blamed for the outcome of this fascinating and heart wrenching case. She also cannot be blamed for that loon that gave away her child, or killed him, got some harsh questioning from Nancy, and committed suicide. You are drawing the errant conclusion that Nancy's treatment of her, made her commit suicide, which is ludicrous.
I will agree with you that she talks too much about her twins, but this woman takes motherhood very seriously, and that is a contrast to many of the cases she covers. Sounds like her fans enjoyed her pictures, fine by me, I can turn the channel.
As for making money off of crime, it's a national pastime. We all try to understand why criminals do what they do. We want to make sense of it, so we can prevent it, or at least not fall victims ourselves.

Richard Ramirez, the Night Stalker
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/s.../terror_1.html

Old 07-08-2011, 01:15 AM

According to Nielsen ratings for Wednesday:
  • HLN ranked #1 in both total day (357K) and primetime (544K) in cable news in the A25-54 demo.
  • This was HLN’s largest A25-54 & Total Viewer delivery since HLN moved to long-form programming in February 2005.
  • HLN was #1 in every hour from 9am-9pm in A25-54 viewers.
  • HLN Special Report at 5pmET was the #1 cable news telecast in Total Viewers and A25-54 viewers on all of cable.
  • Nancy Grace at 8pmET was the 3rd most-viewed cable news telecast with 676K A25-54 viewers, 27% ahead of FNC’s “The O’Reilly Factor” (532K) with Laura Ingraham sitting in.
  • This was the largest A25-54 audience for Nancy Grace since Jan. 7, 2009 (a broadcast which also centered on the Caylee Anthony case).
http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/...e-rests_b74295

I would take Nancy over Laura Ingraham too, but I prefer Kimberly Guilfoyle.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:07 AM

1,738 posts, read 2,077,141 times
Quote:
Who is Ramirez?

I totally agree. She's in it for the money. She cares nothing about justice for the victims or anyone who might have been falsely accused (thinking the Duke team here)

Old 07-08-2011, 01:13 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
OJ was much, much older than Casey. Old dogs and all that. I think, because she is very young, because she has been through this horrific experience, and because there will be counseling help for her, plus the influence of the people on her legal team, she certainly has a chance of changing. Remember, there is no place where she can go and not be noticed, nowhere to go and party. Her lifestyle should change enormously. However, only time will tell us whether or not she can change
I've pretty much decided she's a sociopath. They don't change. They can't change because of the way their brain is wired. (Though some seem to "get over it" when they are in late middle age for reasons unknown.)

And I don't think this horrific experience is going to have any affect on her. Yesterday she sat in court batting her eyelashes at Baez and giving people the come hither look. I found that downright creepy.

I don't think she WANTS to change. IMO Casey is happy with Casey just the way she is.

I'd LIKE for her to turn her life around. But I don't think she is going to.

Old 07-08-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I've pretty much decided she's a sociopath. They don't change. They can't change because of the way their brain is wired. (Though some seem to "get over it" when they are in late middle age for reasons unknown.)

And I don't think this horrific experience is going to have any affect on her. Yesterday she sat in court batting her eyelashes at Baez and giving people the come hither look. I found that downright creepy.

I don't think she WANTS to change. IMO Casey is happy with Casey just the way she is.

I'd LIKE for her to turn her life around. But I don't think she is going to.
Well, I'm certainly speculating about all of this, too. However, I am basing some of my opinion on the interview I heard with the father of her former boyfriend. He said Casey spent a lot of time at their house over the span of about six months. He said he thought that she was very insecure in the sense that she wanted to "belong" and to please people. He and the former boyfriend said that what they were seeing on TV during the trial was not typical of her. The boyfriend also said that the mother, Cindy, verbally abused Casey in front of him. Plus all this talk about her being a sociopath/psychopath has been coming from very, very biased sources, IMO.

I have actually met real honest to god sociopaths/psychopaths through my work, and I don't see those characteristics in her. Those people are often extremely charming but ultimately they don't care what anyone thinks of them. That's not true of Casey Anthony. I don't hear anybody describing Casey Anthony as very charming. Charming people are well liked by others. IMO, Casey has very low self-esteem.

Also keep in mind that she has been in isolation for about three years, and that she surely must have had advice regarding how she should behave in court. Her defense team would have been remiss if they didn't discuss that issue with her. So what you're see from Casey now is sheer relief and joy that she is not headed to death row. Think about it. Wouldn't you be pretty happy to have that trial behind you and to know that you were not going to be executed by the state at some point. I see her as a very young woman behaving like a young woman who may very well have been sexually abused at a young age. Girls like that have learned that their entire value is wrapped up in their sexuality and pleasing men! Now she has to learn that she is more than just a sex object and that she is capable of doing far more in life than just pleasing a man or all men.

Old 07-08-2011, 02:33 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
I have actually met real honest to god sociopaths/psychopaths through my work, and I don't see those characteristics in her. Those people are often extremely charming but ultimately they don't care what anyone thinks of them. That's not true of Casey Anthony. I don't hear anybody describing Casey Anthony as very charming. Charming people are well liked by others. IMO, Casey has very low self-esteem.

Also keep in mind that she has been in isolation for about three years, and that she surely must have had advice regarding how she should behave in court. Her defense team would have been remiss if they didn't discuss that issue with her. So what you're see from Casey now is sheer relief and joy that she is not headed to death row. Think about it. Wouldn't you be pretty happy to have that trial behind you and to know that you were not going to be executed by the state at some point. I see her as a very young woman behaving like a young woman who may very well have been sexually abused at a young age. Girls like that have learned that their entire value is wrapped up in their sexuality and pleasing men! Now she has to learn that she is more than just a sex object and that she is capable of doing far more in life than just pleasing a man or all men.
1st P) I know a sociopath who is Casey's age. (Diagnosed.) They are so much alike it is scary. It's one of the reasons I think she's a sociopath. She displays classic signs from what I've learned. Granted, I'm no expert.

2nd P) You are good! I can see "Defense Team" written all over you. (Not meaning this one. Just defense oriented.) I hope they pay you well.

Old 07-08-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
1st P) I know a sociopath who is Casey's age. (Diagnosed.) They are so much alike it is scary. It's one of the reasons I think she's a sociopath. She displays classic signs from what I've learned. Granted, I'm no expert.

2nd P) You are good! I can see "Defense Team" written all over you. (Not meaning this one. Just defense oriented.) I hope they pay you well.
thanks.......of course I'm no expert either.

Time will tell. I really hope CA is strong enough to learn from this experience and survive what will most certainly be a very, very difficult life ahead of her. Too bad she can't go into a "witness protection" program. As dysfunctional as her family is, it is still the foundation of who she is, and who they are, and that has been destroyed forever. All the family secrets have been exposed. That's huge. It is now impossible for her to live in her hometown, everything that is really familiar to her. CA really has a lot of hard work in front of her!

Old 07-08-2011, 02:55 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Completely opposite experience from Morgain, you can't "know" what a sociopath is "like" by seeing the person on tv. Review information from people who know the person, past behavior of person, work history, school history, a complete psycho-social picture emerges. I would not diagnose Casey Anthony, but I have worked with many young people like her, based on her psycho-social history that is available. Also revealing are her notes to her BFF in jail.

Also note, there is a huge difference between male sociopathic behavior, and female sociopathic behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime