U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 03:59 AM

288 posts, read 133,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyP View Post
That's an interesting statement. I also wonder what makes her tick. I see her as evil, conniving and detached. But I wonder if something made her that way? I really am curious. No excuses, just trying to understand how a young woman can do such a thing with a child. I've always felt women have a very special bond with their children, different even than a father's love.

I'm not sympathetic towards her but is there something we can learn from someone going so wrong.
I think it's possible she dissociated somewhat when Caylee died, thus the lies and the behavior. I don't know enough about her and her real social history to see her as "evil".............Not ALL MOTHERS have that bond with all of their children. I've recently heard from someone who lived in the house with Casey for ten days that Casey was very child-like in her behavior and her parents treated her like a very young child. Child-like behavior and dissociation could result in the kind of behavior we have seen in Casey

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociation

Old 07-09-2011, 08:12 AM

12,358 posts, read 7,747,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
It's not just Nancy Grace that is a disgrace. It's the whole obsession with court tv that is the disgrace. I wonder how Nancy Grace, who is a victim of crime, would feel if her case was plastered all over the television as entertainment? Other people's tragedies are not entertainment and should not be used to obtain commercial sponsors. It's disgusting. People are completely blind to the moral degeneracy of cashing in on crime and punishment as entertainment. It's almost as bad as the roman Coliseum. It should not be legal to do this and court proceedings should never be televised.
That's what bothers me the most about Nancy Grace's coverage of this trial. She did turn it into a Roman Coliseum like atmosphere and that chips away at the very heart of our legal system....the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. Our legal system should not become fodder for the reality show genre of TV entertainment, with people sitting in the stands waiting to see the lions eating the Christians so to speak.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:26 AM

12,770 posts, read 9,839,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
Well, I'm certainly speculating about all of this, too. However, I am basing some of my opinion on the interview I heard with the father of her former boyfriend. He said Casey spent a lot of time at their house over the span of about six months. He said he thought that she was very insecure in the sense that she wanted to "belong" and to please people. He and the former boyfriend said that what they were seeing on TV during the trial was not typical of her. The boyfriend also said that the mother, Cindy, verbally abused Casey in front of him. Plus all this talk about her being a sociopath/psychopath has been coming from very, very biased sources, IMO.

I have actually met real honest to god sociopaths/psychopaths through my work, and I don't see those characteristics in her. Those people are often extremely charming but ultimately they don't care what anyone thinks of them. That's not true of Casey Anthony. I don't hear anybody describing Casey Anthony as very charming. Charming people are well liked by others. IMO, Casey has very low self-esteem.

Also keep in mind that she has been in isolation for about three years, and that she surely must have had advice regarding how she should behave in court. Her defense team would have been remiss if they didn't discuss that issue with her. So what you're see from Casey now is sheer relief and joy that she is not headed to death row. Think about it. Wouldn't you be pretty happy to have that trial behind you and to know that you were not going to be executed by the state at some point. I see her as a very young woman behaving like a young woman who may very well have been sexually abused at a young age. Girls like that have learned that their entire value is wrapped up in their sexuality and pleasing men! Now she has to learn that she is more than just a sex object and that she is capable of doing far more in life than just pleasing a man or all men.
For God's sake, you are identifying with this WOMAN, stop it.
She's a manipulative little skank. (i don't even know how to spell it, but it fits).

Old 07-09-2011, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
I think it's possible she dissociated somewhat when Caylee died, thus the lies and the behavior. I don't know enough about her and her real social history to see her as "evil".............Not ALL MOTHERS have that bond with all of their children. I've recently heard from someone who lived in the house with Casey for ten days that Casey was very child-like in her behavior and her parents treated her like a very young child. Child-like behavior and dissociation could result in the kind of behavior we have seen in Casey

Dissociation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That's what happens when you've been taken care of your whole life, and never forced to grow up.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:35 AM

18,852 posts, read 31,713,141 times
They need to change HLN to WHN the "Witch Hunt Network".

Good grief, the trial is OVER. Move on.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:04 AM

1,812 posts, read 2,845,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingwithpain View Post
Nancy Grace is so biased and so overly zealous that she should be a disgrace to the job of prosecutor all over the country. Part of the job of a prosecutor is to find the truth, and Ms. Grace seems totally incapable of any such thought. Her coverage of the Casey Anthony trial is so over the top.

Could she possibly be more strident and more biased if she tried?
PS she is a tv personality and that is what the station pays her to do be over the top to attract more viewers..........thus the reason why you are posting about her. They want you to notice her an by you posting about her gives her FREE advertising.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:20 PM

455 posts, read 553,682 times
The saddest part about it is there is way too many that take this women seriously, i'm sure she hams it up for ratings, but this lunatic was an actual prosecutor with a rather checkered past !!

Old 07-14-2011, 10:17 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,625,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman View Post
The saddest part about it is there is way too many that take this women seriously, i'm sure she hams it up for ratings, but this lunatic was an actual prosecutor with a rather checkered past !!
Even more scarier to me is the callers that proclaim "Nancy you are my hero".

Old 07-14-2011, 10:49 PM

12 pages on demonizing Nancy Grace? What the hell is wrong with you people? If you don't like her, don't watch her. Jeez

Old 07-15-2011, 05:41 AM

18,852 posts, read 31,713,141 times
One posiitive thing about Nancy Grace, reporting the casualties of the "un-war" no one really acknowledges. My son is in the Army. I wish more reporters had the courage to expose the deaths of our service men and women in this war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or