U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 11:41 PM

218 posts, read 111,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
That's one of the main reasons I quit being a prosecutor.

Understand that people like her arrived at law school with this attitude. I knew probably have a dozen classmates - female - that were just like her.

Scary, but hopefully people will realize that this is why we need defense attorneys.
This may not be what you're talking about but I found this info on Grace. Court found her playing fast and loose with evidence!!

Conviction Upheld Despite Nancy Grace's Misconduct - TalkLeft: The Politics Of Crime

The three-judge panel on Monday criticized Grace for not following her obligations to disclose to the defendant's lawyer information about other possible suspects. The 11th Circuit also agreed with a magistrate who found it hard to believe that Grace did not knowingly use a detective's false testimony that there were no other suspects.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:42 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,257,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
yeah, nancy grace is here at CD she doesn't have anything better to do
putting the qualifier "dis" in front of her name says more about you then it does her.

Aw Shaw!

Old 06-23-2011, 11:46 PM

218 posts, read 111,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
There is a HIGH probability we have Nancy dis- Grace with us here tonight...this morning....on this very Thread. - Makes sense to me.

Maher was right....anyone know where Nancy is NOW?
Amnesty International doesn't think much of Nancy Grace either.

Amnesty International Complaint against Nancy Grace and CNN/HLN

Old 06-24-2011, 12:02 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,257,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingwithpain View Post
Amnesty International doesn't think much of Nancy Grace either.

Amnesty International Complaint against Nancy Grace and CNN/HLN
Quote from above link:

''Nancy Grace has reported that Casey Anthony saw her malicious reports on television from her jail cell and was severely agitated.
Nancy Grace made a conscious decision to increase her harassment of the suspect as result of that agitation.
At the very least, it should be evident that this "news" anchor is attempting to use her national media position to make it impossible for the defendant to receive a fair trial.
As such, I believe the defendants civil and human rights are being violated.
As you may know, Nancy Grace is currently facing civil charges as the result of her actions in a similar case where she attempted to emotionally "beat" a confession out of someone she alone had named as a suspect.
The "suspect" in that case committed suicide after receiving a severe emotional "beating" from Ms. Grace.''

You reap what you sow. - There could be a very 'Hot Spot' in HELL for ms Grace (what a not fitting name for her) ...if she doesn't do some serious repenting for the damage she has caused.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:23 AM

1,677 posts, read 2,058,240 times
OMG, I cannot STAND this woman! All she does is repeat herself over and over, play the same clips, and be a complete drama queen. She's NOT interested in helping victims, she's only interested in ratings for herself. I got sick to death of the "Tot Mom" coverage long before the trial even started. Other children were missing in that time that she was so busy worrying about what Haleigh's stepmother ate for dinner at the county jail, but did we hear about them?

I used to just watch her show and marvel at what a complete fool she is. My favorite one was when Elizabeth Smart had to put her in her sorry little place! I just had to chime in when I saw this thread...nice to see others that share my feelings!

Old 06-24-2011, 05:57 AM

18,852 posts, read 31,713,141 times
Nancy Grace has a loyal following, we all know the demographic she plays to, and they all love her. She has made glaring errors in her rants regarding the law, and blatently controls contrasting opinions of the "queen". Sigh, what can be said?

Old 06-24-2011, 07:05 AM

9,193 posts, read 9,271,792 times
Quote:
That's one of the main reasons I quit being a prosecutor.

Understand that people like her arrived at law school with this attitude. I knew probably have a dozen classmates - female - that were just like her.

Scary, but hopefully people will realize that this is why we need defense attorneys.
You know, I've practiced law for 27 years. I've met hordes of prosecutors and only a couple fit the "Nancy Grace model". Perhaps, one of the hardest things for many people to understand is that a good prosecutor doesn't have to be a junkyard dog. What he/she has to do is to be able to do is have a strong grasp of facts and how facts are proven in a courtroom.

The best prosecutors I ever met were very even tempered people. If someone was truly innocent of a crime, they didn't want to pursue them. They could be convinced that they were wrong. What they required was proof. Most understand things like family members will sometimes lie to protect one another. What typically does set the prosecutors that I know off in a rage are people who routinely lie and give several different versions of the same event to the police.

Nancy Grace is a terrible affront to hundreds of hard working, dedicated criminal prosecutors in America who work daily to keep us safe from dangerous people. HLN does the criminal justice system a terrible disservice by keeping Nancy Grace on the payroll. Its evident that many people have come to see her for what she is--a woman totally lacking in integrity who will say anything to increase her ratings and her network's ratings.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:05 AM

14,505 posts, read 23,775,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
LOL. You don't many prosecutors do you. Most of the ones that I have met are just like her.
Yes, and a question if any atty is here, why was atty
Baez texting Nancy Grace the day he left trial to go home sick?...if a person is on trial its now okay for the atty to text mass media?? not defending NG but WHY IS DEFENSE RELAYING CLIENT INFO TO MASS MEDIA?.... via text messages.

I think the answer is $$$, as usual.

Last edited by dreamofmonterey; 06-24-2011 at 08:07 AM.. Reason: add

Old 06-24-2011, 08:09 AM

48,516 posts, read 83,922,814 times
She is just like so mnay layers appearing on Tv most beig defense lawyers who want their hour of fame.Face it ;controversy sales looking at the rerality shows.The more outargeous the more popular.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:51 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,625,055 times
I can't stand her, but can't really avoid her either (g/f tapes all her shows on the DVR). I'll be glad when this trial is over so I don't have to hear, "Bombshell tonight, tot mom......" That and what really irks me is her continually saying something to the effect of "tossed little Caylee away like she's trash". I know it's shock TV but come on Nancy, show a little class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or