Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 05:48 PM

218 posts, read 148,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you are confusing an attorney and a tv personality. she may have a law degree but so do a lot of people. she is a tv personality that goes for shock value plain and simple. her law back ground and personal life as well as her style is why she has the job. why should she be held to a higher standard than any other reporter?

I also think defense attorneys are a great thing. how ever in this case the defense is putting up some things which are just not to be believed, when nancy questions the defense attorney and they try to back up stupidity with more stupidity she calls them on it and cuts them off. I would expect the same thing from a reporter who had a defense background if they were a reporter with a defense bias.

again to give her any more clout than that of a shock style tv reporter is not something I would consider. why would any one let this woman get under their skin?
I guess the real question is does Nancy Grace still have a bar card or has she relinquished her bar membership. If she is still licensed to practice law, she should be held to a higher standard, IMO. One would have to look at the ethics requirements of the Bar Association where Grace is licensed to practice law to see if she is violating those rules.

Clearly I have a very negative bias about Grace. Also, I do not know a single attorney who does not dispise her. LOL "Everybody" seems to find her horribly offensive.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:45 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,584,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
At the risk of.... I am beginning to think that there are similarities w/Nancy Grace...dare I say it...w/Ann Coulter?????

Yikes!
um no bcs isnt Ann Coulter really a man?

Old 06-24-2011, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
um no bcs isnt Ann Coulter really a man?
I think so!

Old 06-25-2011, 02:35 AM

12 posts, read 19,172 times
Ever since her fiance got murdered it is like GUILTY TILL PROVEN INNOCENT!!! isn't that how it was in Russia many yrs. ago!

Old 06-25-2011, 12:09 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,646,579 times
Look one thing you can say about Nancy Grace is she isn't boring like so many others!!I like that lawyer/commentator Mark Aiglar he is really good!

Old 06-25-2011, 12:21 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,889,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingwithpain View Post
Nancy Grace is so biased and so overly zealous that she should be a disgrace to the job of prosecutor all over the country. Part of the job of a prosecutor is to find the truth, and Ms. Grace seems totally incapable of any such thought. Her coverage of the Casey Anthony trial is so over the top.

Could she possibly be more strident and more biased if she tried?
This is why she is now a TV shock-jock instead of a prosecuter

Old 06-25-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
This is why she is now a TV shock-jock instead of a prosecuter
Probably true. I have been surprised at the info I've found about Grace regarding her unethical behavior!! She left her job as a prosecutor in Atlanta AFTER the elected prosecutor decided not to run for office again. Certainly she knew that whoever won the election would not keep her on in her job.

I was amazed to learn that she grew up in Macon, Georgia and went to college in Valdosta, Georgia! Very, very small towns in South Georgia.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:57 PM

122 posts, read 210,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Nancy Grace is a disgrace to people everywhere.
All of you guys are just JEALOUS! In Nancy Grace, you have a top-notch ex-prosecutor that gets to the bottom of issues. There is a reason why she has a multi-million dollar job. ..... If she appears pushy, and in-your-face, she is doing whatever it takes to get out the truth. This is no- nonse woman, intelligent, COMPETENT, and professional.

Some people may not like it, when a woman gets to be TOO POWERFUL......I would love to have all her millions and live in a penthouse suite, in one of those beautiful glass buildings in NYC, that only one can get by making the millions she makes.......

Old 06-25-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny come lately View Post
All of you guys are just JEALOUS! In Nancy Grace, you have a top-notch ex-prosecutor that gets to the bottom of issues. There is a reason why she has a multi-million dollar job. ..... If she appears pushy, and in-your-face, she is doing whatever it takes to get out the truth. This is no- nonse woman, intelligent, COMPETENT, and professional.

Some people may not like it, when a woman gets to be TOO POWERFUL......I would love to have all her millions and live in a penthouse suite, in one of those beautiful glass buildings in NYC, that only one can get by making the millions she makes.......
Top-notch lawyers don't have numerous ethical complaints and are not admonished over unethical behavior.

No, Nancy Grace does not getting to the truth. She is pushing HER "TRUTH"..not the truth, and not what is right.... just ask Elizabeth Smart or any of the members of the LaCrosse team accused of raping a woman! And you might just take a look at the suicide of a woman shortly after an interview with Grace; Grace and CNN were sued by the woman's estate, and they settled the case rather than go to trial! That means that they thought they would lose if they went to trial and that the woman's estate would WIN, which would have seriouslyl hurt Grace and CNN.

No, Nancy Grace is NOT "professional" in her behavior. She is certainly prideful, sure of herself, and needlessly cruel and mean-spirited.

Grace lives in NYC? That's news to me. Thought she lived in Atlanta. That is the network headquarters for CNN. Yes, though, she is selling her soul for the money she makes on that show, destroying innocent human beings along the way, including being a major factor in a woman's decision to commit suicide. I don't respect that type if "success." Money is not my god. There are some considerations in life more important than making money by behaving in the ruthless way Nancy Grace behaves.

If there is such a thing as karma, Nancy Grace is piling up bad karma.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:56 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,889,603 times
I watch her show and you know what I cant stand.... how she gives all these criminals little pet names such as " TOT MOM " and things like that. Makes it really hard to take that show seriously, and I wrote that on her facebook wall as well.

workingwithpain, you are right. She does twist things around on the show and take things out of context, but when you watch more than just her show, you know what is being taken out of context and you know to disregard it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.