U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 06:18 PM

530 posts, read 604,841 times

Advertisements

Well, all I know is that she needs to do something about that nose.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:17 PM

2,766 posts, read 2,305,293 times
It's not just Nancy Grace that is a disgrace. It's the whole obsession with court tv that is the disgrace. I wonder how Nancy Grace, who is a victim of crime, would feel if her case was plastered all over the television as entertainment? Other people's tragedies are not entertainment and should not be used to obtain commercial sponsors. It's disgusting. People are completely blind to the moral degeneracy of cashing in on crime and punishment as entertainment. It's almost as bad as the roman Coliseum. It should not be legal to do this and court proceedings should never be televised.

Last edited by Shankapotomus; 06-25-2011 at 07:38 PM..

Old 06-25-2011, 07:18 PM

6,589 posts, read 6,837,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny how? View Post
Well, all I know is that she needs to do something about that nose.
Why she picked it ?

Old 06-26-2011, 11:54 AM

1,739 posts, read 1,762,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingwithpain View Post
Nancy Grace is so biased and so overly zealous that she should be a disgrace to the job of prosecutor all over the country. Part of the job of a prosecutor is to find the truth, and Ms. Grace seems totally incapable of any such thought. Her coverage of the Casey Anthony trial is so over the top.

Could she possibly be more strident and more biased if she tried?
Yeah, well unfortuately, some prosecutors only worry about the bottomline.
I have a loved one who was falsely accused of a crime..no evidence only the accuser's statement. The prosecutor made a comment (overheard by several reputable people) that she didn't care whether 'Mr. X" was guilty or innocent, she just wanted to win a case with so little evidence because it'd be good for her career.
I suspect N.G. has much the same mentality

Last edited by faeryedark; 06-26-2011 at 12:13 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-26-2011, 07:29 PM

20,924 posts, read 39,244,738 times
I can't stand NG either, she's so damned arrogant it isn't funny, always browbeating her guests on the show. If I were an expert of any sort, I would NOT subject myself to her crap. But crap sells in this country and people watch her lurid speculation and drool over it.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:42 AM

52,095 posts, read 41,892,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny come lately View Post
All of you guys are just JEALOUS! In Nancy Grace, you have a top-notch ex-prosecutor that gets to the bottom of issues. There is a reason why she has a multi-million dollar job. ..... If she appears pushy, and in-your-face, she is doing whatever it takes to get out the truth. This is no- nonse woman, intelligent, COMPETENT, and professional.

Some people may not like it, when a woman gets to be TOO POWERFUL......I would love to have all her millions and live in a penthouse suite, in one of those beautiful glass buildings in NYC, that only one can get by making the millions she makes.......
Her income and gender are moot to the discussion and obviously a red-herring when you have nothing to support your position.

I present these as evidence A that she is neither intelligent, professional nor classy.

Nancy Grace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Grace took a vehemently pro-prosecution position throughout the 2006 Duke University lacrosse case, in which Crystal Gail Mangum, a stripper and North Carolina Central University student, falsely accused three members of Duke University's men's lacrosse team of raping her at a party. Prior to Duke suspending its men's lacrosse team's season, she sarcastically noted on the air, "I'm so glad they didn't miss a lacrosse game over a little thing like gang rape!" and "Why would you go to a cop in an alleged gang rape case, say, and lie and give misleading information?"[18] After the disbarment of District Attorney Mike Nifong, Attorney General Roy Cooper pronounced all three players innocent of the rape charges made by Mangum and Nifong.[19] On the following broadcast of her show, Grace did not appear and a substitute reporter, Jane Velez-Mitchell, announced the removal of all charges.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:44 AM

52,095 posts, read 41,892,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I can't stand NG either, she's so damned arrogant it isn't funny, always browbeating her guests on the show. If I were an expert of any sort, I would NOT subject myself to her crap. But crap sells in this country and people watch her lurid speculation and drool over it.
The demographics for the viewership would be interesting to see. Likely a high correlation to the purchasers of the National Enquirer no doubt.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:48 AM

1,460 posts, read 1,673,760 times
Nancy who??

Old 06-27-2011, 07:57 AM

254 posts, read 310,741 times
your so right. i stopped watching her because she gets so angry, she gets over hyped on one subject. I have to wonder does she think casey anthony is the only news we care about around here. What about the two college girls that are missing. They are young white and come from middle class families, I have only seen here talk about two black girls in over a year watching her, and when she did it was at the very last few minutes of her show. I want all woman and children to be found safe, but sorry calyee is gone to heaven now, the trail is important but what all about the woman missing now and the missing kids . What about all the crime and murder in Arizona and what about all the kids and woman getting killed in c. Illinois.
Don't you just love how over reactive and angry she gets when someone talks comon sense. I mean i do believe Casey is total guilty. I have looked at all the different evidence and she was the only one in control of her kid and of course she did it. common sense tells anyone that. I just hope the jury sees that and she gets the strongest punishment possible. But i can't watch Nancy anymore she is just too too much. she gives me a head ach.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:16 AM

43,858 posts, read 44,645,735 times
She can be what I consider to be somewhat over dramatic, but it's her job to engage people with her outrage so they will watch her show. Apparently it is working since she has a pretty impressive time slot on a big network. I remember when she was just a reporter on CourtTV, and I actually did like her on that network.

I think she's an attractive woman and never noticed her nose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or