U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2011, 06:05 AM

18,852 posts, read 31,717,452 times

Advertisements

Nancy needs to move on, "tot Mom' has been tried, and will move on with her life. The "hate Casey" agenda needs to go.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:39 AM

43,858 posts, read 44,607,095 times
I don't know Jasper, I sort of like the idea of keeping it alive so this girl gets on with NOTHING. She doesn't deserve for this to be forgotten. I hope she is shunned by society forever.

Oddly enough, I was never a Nancy Grace fan until now. I appreciate her attitude towards this case because she is representing at least the whole city of Orlando is is mortified this woman will ever walk our streets again. Of course, I can say she won't be walking them safely. It is an extremely personal case here.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:30 AM

1,739 posts, read 1,760,135 times
I would say it's in part, her fault that Casey Anthony got off.Bet she'd love to hear that.
But, if she wouldn't have help all that public outcry along, which in turh put pressure on the Prosecutor to take it to trial w/o prper evidence...maybe they'd still be building a valid case against CA.
The whole thing was handled badly and NG was no help at all.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:37 AM

3,605 posts, read 5,057,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I don't know Jasper, I sort of like the idea of keeping it alive so this girl gets on with NOTHING. She doesn't deserve for this to be forgotten. I hope she is shunned by society forever.

Oddly enough, I was never a Nancy Grace fan until now. I appreciate her attitude towards this case because she is representing at least the whole city of Orlando is is mortified this woman will ever walk our streets again. Of course, I can say she won't be walking them safely. It is an extremely personal case here.
Why is it personal ?

It is personal for Casey, her life was on the line.

It is personal for her & Caley's family. It is personal for Caley's father.

But I don't understand why it is personal for anyone else.

Oh, and anyone who were to harm Casey Anthony in a form of "vigilante injustice" is a criminal, and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

None of you know that Casey Anthony is guilty, regardless of what you & Nancy Grace believe. A jury sat and listened to this case for weeks and found her not guilty. There was reasonable doubt in the minds of the people who's job it was to decide. Therefore, you cannot know beyond a reasonable doubt what happened.

Casey acted very selfishly after the death of Caley, but that does not prove that she had anything to do with the death of Caley, trial by uninformed media non-withstanding.

Nancy Grace is a fearmonger and a busybody.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:12 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,760,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Why is it personal ?

It is personal for Casey, her life was on the line.

It is personal for her & Caley's family. It is personal for Caley's father.

But I don't understand why it is personal for anyone else.

Oh, and anyone who were to harm Casey Anthony in a form of "vigilante injustice" is a criminal, and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

None of you know that Casey Anthony is guilty, regardless of what you & Nancy Grace believe. A jury sat and listened to this case for weeks and found her not guilty. There was reasonable doubt in the minds of the people who's job it was to decide. Therefore, you cannot know beyond a reasonable doubt what happened.

Casey acted very selfishly after the death of Caley, but that does not prove that she had anything to do with the death of Caley, trial by uninformed media non-withstanding.

Nancy Grace is a fearmonger and a busybody.
I totally agree

Old 07-07-2011, 12:47 PM

16,408 posts, read 28,892,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I watch her show and you know what I cant stand.... how she gives all these criminals little pet names such as " TOT MOM " and things like that. Makes it really hard to take that show seriously, and I wrote that on her facebook wall as well.

workingwithpain, you are right. She does twist things around on the show and take things out of context, but when you watch more than just her show, you know what is being taken out of context and you know to disregard it.
I can't stand to hear her screech TOT MOM one more time!

How about when the defense had an expert on who was talking about the burial of Caylee's body and trying to blame it on dogs (or coyotes). The way Nancy Grace introduced the clip, it was as if the expert actually said, "Caylee was buried by coyotes!" Nancy was hooting and hollering and making fun of the witness with statements such as, "There are NO coyotes in Florida!" So once the clip is shown, the witness mentions something like dogs or coyotes could have buried Caylee, but immediately says something like, "There are no coyotes in Florida, right?"

If I would have just listened to Nancy Grace and not seen the actual clip, I would have come away convinced the "idiot, incompetent" defense expert said coyotes buried Caylee!

Old 07-07-2011, 01:22 PM

32,532 posts, read 30,660,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post

I think she'll be shunned as OJ was in L.A. But she'll attract a certain type of person to hang out with her and be her BFF. They'll all tell the media how misundersood Casey is and what a nice girl she is.

I've already seen a tape where some guy was hanging around the courthouse with a "Marry Me Casey" sign.

(And, like OJ, she'll do something and end up in a court of law again. Like OJ, I don't think she's capable of changing.)

Old 07-07-2011, 06:45 PM

288 posts, read 133,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I think she'll be shunned as OJ was in L.A. But she'll attract a certain type of person to hang out with her and be her BFF. They'll all tell the media how misundersood Casey is and what a nice girl she is.

I've already seen a tape where some guy was hanging around the courthouse with a "Marry Me Casey" sign.

(And, like OJ, she'll do something and end up in a court of law again. Like OJ, I don't think she's capable of changing.)
OJ was much, much older than Casey. Old dogs and all that. I think, because she is very young, because she has been through this horrific experience, and because there will be counseling help for her, plus the influence of the people on her legal team, she certainly has a chance of changing. Remember, there is no place where she can go and not be noticed, nowhere to go and party. Her lifestyle should change enormously. However, only time will tell us whether or not she can change

Old 07-07-2011, 06:50 PM

288 posts, read 133,731 times
Nancy Grace and her paid minions are still milking this story.....anything for money and ratings.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:59 PM

2,190 posts, read 5,946,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
Nancy Grace and her paid minions are still milking this story.....anything for money and ratings.
Agree.
And Nancy Grace is someone that i imagine thinks of herself as a do-gooder Christian and yet she's full of judgment and venom and disdain.
And though i have an issue with HLN for sensationalizing this story, i did get caught up in the drama and i thought that overall they did a pretty good job covering the case and i appreciated a number of their regular commentators.
And while i was interested in the legal proceedings and was intrigued by the Anthony family dynamics, it's now over and the HLN "crew" has de-evolved into a bunch of gossips.
But as long as their ratings are high, they'll keep milking it.
To me, it's now just boring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or