U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2011, 02:26 PM

94 posts, read 39,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsWeird View Post
I truly do feel for Cindy for having to be a witness in a murder case against her own daughter. However, if I were in her shoes, I would have trouble feeling ANY kind of sympathy even for my OWN daughter after discovering she maliciously looked up how to kill my grand daughter on the family computer. Just the thought of smelling the 'dead body' scent in Caseys car should ENRAGE Cindy.

I would be so disgusted and spiteful, that I would never be try to lie to help cover for that coniving B#$%* !

OH, and if Casey can murder her own daughter, why doesnt she just take her own life and save herself the disgrace?!
I think it's possible that you cannot possibly know what it feels like to be Cindy Anthony at this point. How can anyone have a clue what it would feel like to find yourself in these circumstances. And, remember, none of us really know what happened. Maybe Casey didn't intentionally kill her daughter. Maybe Cindy Anthony was the person doing those google searches. I've heard that she testified in a deposition that she did do those google searches, and maybe that deposition was taken before Caylee's body was found and they still believed Caylee was alive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 02:30 PM

15,164 posts, read 13,432,307 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
couple things come to mind over the weekend (sorry, don't mean to be inflammatory)...

Maybe Casey experiemented with the dogs to see just how much chloroform she would need to knock out the animals, then she would have a better idea how to inflict the chloroform on Caylee.

Maybe Casey actually drowned Caylee, no accident, she did it intentionally. (there's some truth to every lie). Maybe she couldn't go thru with the chloroform thing or breaking her neck...so she set up the ladder, etc. and drowned her in the pool herself. Then set it up to look like a kidnapping by Zanny. She used the chloroform after Caylee was dead to look like the kidnappers knocked her out.

I find it interesting that Casey had enough of a conscience not to have an abortion but no conscience to murder her own daughter. Wonder what changed in her basical moral thinking?[/quote]
You can't seek out an abortion when you don't even face the fact that you are pregnant. In "Casey Land"....if you lie about something long enough and fiercely enough......it will go away.

By the time she had to admit to herself that this problem {her pregnancy} wasn't going away.....it was probably way too late to get an abortion.

She probably would have carried Caylee's body around in the trunk of that car for years if it hadn't smelled so bad. Pretending nothing was there.....so she wouldn't have to deal with it.

I am sure she knew she wasn't going to graduate HS looong before her graduation party.....again.....just pretend nothing is wrong until it blows up in your face.

Something bad? Ignore it until you CAN'T ignore it any longer..... part of Casey's {and Cindy's} dysfunctional personality, IMO.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:40 PM

[quote=Annie53;19777710]
Quote:

You can't seek out an abortion when you don't even face the fact that you are pregnant. In "Casey Land"....if you lie about something long enough and fiercely enough......it will go away.

By the time she had to admit to herself that this problem {her pregnancy} wasn't going away.....it was probably way too late to get an abortion.

She probably would have carried Caylee's body around in the trunk of that car for years if it hadn't smelled so bad. Pretending nothing was there.....so she wouldn't have to deal with it.

I am sure she knew she wasn't going to graduate HS looong before her graduation party.....again.....just pretend nothing is wrong until it blows up in your face.

Something bad? Ignore it until you CAN'T ignore it any longer..... part of Casey's {and Cindy's} dysfunctional personality, IMO.
Which is one of the reasons I don't think Casey Anthony planned and killed her daughter. I don't think she can plan anything and she doesn't have the focus to follow through with such a plan. She reacts. And like you said, she cant face facts, she ignores stuff and pretends everything is all right and goes on doing things which supports her not facing reality. Probably her life-long pattern, and it seems her mother functions that way about many things as well. Ignore it and it will go away.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:46 PM

72 posts, read 89,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritos View Post
I think it's possible that you cannot possibly know what it feels like to be Cindy Anthony at this point. How can anyone have a clue what it would feel like to find yourself in these circumstances. And, remember, none of us really know what happened. Maybe Casey didn't intentionally kill her daughter. Maybe Cindy Anthony was the person doing those google searches. I've heard that she testified in a deposition that she did do those google searches, and maybe that deposition was taken before Caylee's body was found and they still believed Caylee was alive.

You have to be one of the most oblivious people ever.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:50 PM

72 posts, read 89,880 times
Quote:
Which is one of the reasons I don't think Casey Anthony planned and killed her daughter. I don't think she can plan anything and she doesn't have the focus to follow through with such a plan. She reacts. And like you said, she cant face facts, she ignores stuff and pretends everything is all right and goes on doing things which supports her not facing reality. Probably her life-long pattern, and it seems her mother functions that way about many things as well. Ignore it and it will go away.

AWW, poor casey, I feel sooo sorry for her that she has had a family that just "ignores" situations. That really justifies her smothering her daughter.

There are people who have far worse problems that wouldnt even think of ending a childs life.

Her intentions were SELFISH, plain and simple, she didnt want the BAGGAGE of having a kid anymore, so she wanted the "easy" way out.
I HAVE ZERO SYMPATHY.

Last edited by LifeIsWeird; 06-27-2011 at 03:21 PM..

Old 06-27-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsWeird View Post
You have to be one of the most oblivious people ever.
No. I just managed to get a formal education past 5th grade.

Interesting that almost all of the legal experts on these talk shows are saying the same thing, that CA will not get the death penalty.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:57 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,060,700 times
I'd agree that Caset IMO doesn't have the smarts to pull this off all by herself. She is not an independent female, but rather relies on men, her parents, her brother, etc to do things for her. Once she had the body, I don't think she disposed of it herself...I just don't see her having the independence and guts to do that alone. I have always thought Lee was involved, but that's just my theory. He could have gone into the house and got the blanket, hearts, etc. and helped her wrap up Caylee and then took her body to the nearby woods.

Casey kept telling her mother..."she is nearby, I just feel it, she is closeby". I think she was in some subconscious way, trying to tell her mother to look nearby.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:58 PM

[quote=LifeIsWeird;19778079]
Quote:

AWW, poor casey, I feel sooo sorry for her that she has had a family that just "ignores" situations. That really justifies her smothering her daughter.

There are people who have far worse problems that wouldnt even think of ending a childs life.

Her intentions were SELFISH, plain and simple, she didnt want the BAGGAGE of having a kid anymore, so she wanted the "easy" way out.
I HAVE ZERO SYMPATHY.
Where's your proof that she smothered her daughter? You've got none, zero.

Are you by any chance protecting your own anger at having a hard life as a result of having a child? Would your life have been easier if you hadn't had to take care of a child or children? Was having a child a lot of "baggage" for you?

Nobody is asking for your sympathy for CA. Your sympathy means nothing. Logical and reasonable analysis of the evidence is what is required.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:59 PM

15,164 posts, read 13,432,307 times
Quote:

She may not have planned to kill Caylee, but she did kill her, IMO. She accidently overdosed her with chloroform......THAT is why she didn't call for help.

No way do I believe that Caylee drowned. IF Caylee drowned accidently, why not fess up.....why come up with the ridiculous scenario that George was there? No way in hell would George have tried to cover up an accidental drowning, store the body in the trunk of a car until it stank to high heaven.....and then......toss it a mere 20 feet off of the road into a small wooded area........where all kinds of people were always tossing garbage and perhaps burying a family pet.

Last edited by Annie53; 06-27-2011 at 03:10 PM..

Old 06-27-2011, 03:00 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,060,700 times
I think the state went for the death penalty because they wanted a death qualified jury, which would most likely favor the state. They could because of the age of the child. They knew they might not get death, but then the alternative would still be a life sentence, which to me is worse for a young woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or