U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-30-2011, 01:48 PM
 
4,574 posts, read 7,059,483 times
Reputation: 4222

Advertisements

I work with lots of young people her age...and none of them bring their parents to work (yikes!) to meet their bosses or co-workers. I've worked all my life..never did that, and have never seen it done. That would make a young person look like a child, which is not the impression you want to give at a job!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-30-2011, 02:22 PM
 
32,532 posts, read 30,660,496 times
Reputation: 32347
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
My daughter is a bit younger than CA, but she is normal, going to college, has a job-she is a waitress at Olive Garden. We have been to her job several times, and know her manager, have talked to people on the phone from work who call her to cover shifts.

That is normal. That is why I think this family is so strange to "believe" CA worked at Universal, but they never went there? Never met her co workers? For THREE years?! Strange.
I consider it very normal. Especially for working at an amusement park. I worked at one as did a brother and plenty of friends. It was normal for all of us to sign our parents in for free. Very normal for someone's parents to come by and say hello. Even when I worked in the office I'd go out to see my parents if they came in and introduce them around. Amusement parks tend to be like families in my experience.

My parents especially liked one friend who was a ride operator. He'd let them go 'round and round without having to go get in line again if it was a slow night.

Anyone know if there are any people who work at or have a connection to Universal on the jury? I think they'll particularly understand how this works.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 06-30-2011 at 02:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2011, 02:36 PM
 
Location: Ohio
15,164 posts, read 13,429,410 times
Reputation: 20595
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
The smell alone...

I took a walk on trash pick-up day last week. Just walking past cans full of garbage sitting in the hot AZ sun made me want to walk down the middle of the street. It was literally stomach turning.

Even if it was just trash and garbage in her trunk... With that smell a normal person is going to stop the car and empty out the trunk to get rid of the odor. Even the laziest person isn't going to drive around with that smell.

Unless she didn't know what to do with it.....
When I was growing up, we had a lot of property.....most of it woods. Our two dogs would go out in the morning and come back around noon.

Our collie {she looked just like Lassie } liked to roll around on dead animals she found in the woods.

She would come home with yuck all over her, Mom would put her in the basement until Dad got home from work to give her a bath.

My brother and I......it was our job to go out into the woods and find the carcass and bury it.

Believe me, a rotting corpse smells worse than any rotting garbage I have ever smelled.........it is a very distinctive smell......when you smell it.....you KNOW what it is.

I have never smelled a decaying human, but from the way they talk....it is even worse.....they say very much like decaying pigs.....maybe it has something to do with the fat content? I don't know.

{{{shiver}}}
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2011, 03:28 PM
 
32,532 posts, read 30,660,496 times
Reputation: 32347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I have never smelled a decaying human, but from the way they talk....it is even worse.....they say very much like decaying pigs.....maybe it has something to do with the fat content? I don't know.

{{{shiver}}}
I've smelled decaying animals. Horrible enough. Buy my father once told me he had smelled decaying humans in WWII. (Real shiver.) He said the human smell was much worse and was unique. According to him, (and he knew both smells) anyone who had smelled both would be able to tell the difference without any trouble.

Double shiver.

Which brings me to another point. The meter reader poking at the remains with a stick. In college I was on a geology class field trip and several students found a set of human bones. Which they couldn't believe were human so they moved the bones around before they finally went, "Uh, oh" and called a professor over to confirm their find. I have no trouble with the meter reader's reaction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2011, 04:20 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,786,494 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I've smelled decaying animals. Horrible enough. Buy my father once told me he had smelled decaying humans in WWII. (Real shiver.) He said the human smell was much worse and was unique. According to him, (and he knew both smells) anyone who had smelled both would be able to tell the difference without any trouble.

Double shiver.

Which brings me to another point. The meter reader poking at the remains with a stick. In college I was on a geology class field trip and several students found a set of human bones. Which they couldn't believe were human so they moved the bones around before they finally went, "Uh, oh" and called a professor over to confirm their find. I have no trouble with the meter reader's reaction.


You know whats peculiar? Somthing that was brought to my attention today was the fact that neither side asked Roy Kronk if there was duct tape on the skull when he found it! Why do you suppose this is? Do you think maybe they were scared of what his answer may have been?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2011, 11:50 AM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,717,452 times
Reputation: 26118
Cindy's statements are getting nailed! Healthcare records, payroll, computer log ins.

Big brother keeps that stuff forever!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2011, 12:16 PM
 
Location: Near the water
8,231 posts, read 11,609,902 times
Reputation: 3878
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Cindy's statements are getting nailed! Healthcare records, payroll, computer log ins.

Big brother keeps that stuff forever!

And she sits there shaking her head...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2011, 03:29 PM
 
Location: tampa bay
6,587 posts, read 6,824,609 times
Reputation: 9856
Another "brick in the wall"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2011, 04:23 PM
 
Location: Orlando, Florida
43,858 posts, read 44,607,095 times
Reputation: 58621
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
The smell alone...

I took a walk on trash pick-up day last week. Just walking past cans full of garbage sitting in the hot AZ sun made me want to walk down the middle of the street. It was literally stomach turning.

Even if it was just trash and garbage in her trunk... With that smell a normal person is going to stop the car and empty out the trunk to get rid of the odor. Even the laziest person isn't going to drive around with that smell.

Unless she didn't know what to do with it.....
Well, the car ran out of gas or whatever, and was parked beside an Amscott. It is from here that the car got impounded, then the Anthony's went to pick it up. Story from 2008:
Quote:
Burch said there was "bickering between the two of them." Burch told investigators George Anthony even told him, "I apologize. We'll probably get divorced over this. The daughter is telling us crap, a bunch of lies."When George opened the car doors, Burch told investigators, "The smell was pungent. I mean it was, it knocked me back."Just moments before, Burch said, George had been telling him about his missing granddaughter. When they finally opened the trunk, it was even worse.
Wrecker Service Manager Describes "Pungent" Smell In Casey's Towed Car - News Story - WFTV Orlando

But this all happened AFTER she must've drove around with the body in the trunk for X amount of time. I'm not sure that was ever really established since no one knows how or when or where Caylee was actually killed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2011, 04:28 PM
 
Location: Orlando, Florida
43,858 posts, read 44,607,095 times
Reputation: 58621
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
[/u][/i][/b]

You know whats peculiar? Somthing that was brought to my attention today was the fact that neither side asked Roy Kronk if there was duct tape on the skull when he found it! Why do you suppose this is? Do you think maybe they were scared of what his answer may have been?
Wow...what an interesting point. I think they were trying to avoid the whole fact that he goofed around with the skull with his meter stick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top