U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-24-2011, 08:32 AM
 
Location: Earth
1,480 posts, read 4,485,701 times
Reputation: 1430

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
she ran home at lunch to google bamboo,chloroform (she's an R.N. yet spelled it "chloraform" and visited scispot 88 times)... and neck breaking...yeah okay...

Plus the google history deleted? who bothers to do that unless theres a reason.
Who bothers to delete search history? Just about any man who shares a computer after looking at porn online, that's who.

Did she visit the site 88 times or click on a total of 88 different pages on the site? Besides, look at your internet history after researching something and tell me it wouldn't look suspicious to someone with an axe to grind.

I swear, you'd think she Googled "how to break a todler's neck and get away with murder." I'd like to see how any of you (or I) would hold up while a tricky, ambitious lawyer twists your words around, rewords the same questions over and over, and pushes you to recall anything from three years ago. The sad truth is we'll never know what really happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-24-2011, 08:35 AM
 
Location: Baltimore, MD
3,881 posts, read 7,317,745 times
Reputation: 5139
I think she's flat out lying. They should bring in someone from Google to explain how they search engine works. I just did a search for chlorofill and that's exactly what I got. When you type something in the search box, they can track your exact keystroke. You would have to specifically be looking for chloroform.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 09:09 AM
 
Location: Old Town Alexandria
14,505 posts, read 23,802,413 times
Reputation: 8838
There's an IT worker on the jury.

Hey if you had a blackberry you wouldnt have to delete the porn history, since I doubt the spouse or S.O. has quick access to it

The time card shows she was at work, I believe?. No one was at home except ICA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 09:32 AM
 
Location: Earth
1,480 posts, read 4,485,701 times
Reputation: 1430
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Hey if you had a blackberry you wouldnt have to delete the porn history, since I doubt the spouse or S.O. has quick access to it
I have a smart phone (Palm, ironically) and, uh... hypothetically... IF I looked up porn on it I would still delete the history. I'm sure my wife looks at my phone all the time - out of curiosity more so than mistrust. If you women ever knew what men enjoyed watching you would never talk to us again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 10:18 AM
 
4,576 posts, read 7,074,191 times
Reputation: 4228
to my knowledge, pop ups don't get recorded in your search history. Only what you actually type in yourself. Nice try, Cindy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 12:12 PM
 
12,356 posts, read 18,454,883 times
Reputation: 19298
Really this issue is nonsensical and not worth debate or discussion as a pivotal impact on the case. In the end, during deliberation, I doubt it matters. Mothers will lie about their daughters to get them off death row. Of course she is lying. A jury knows this, a jury will probably sympathize, a jury will think "gee, if in the same situation, to save my daughters life, I would do the same - lie through my teeth to save my daughter" - and then they will totally and utterly disregard a word she says about her doing the searches herself.

Jury's are free to totally dismiss the testimony of any witness for any reason. This is one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 03:57 PM
 
12,870 posts, read 13,156,110 times
Reputation: 4453
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingwithpain View Post
So you think Casey Anthony is guilty because no one in her family works and because they got paid for various things regarding the case by the media?
i think it is despicable to profit off a child's murder. (and even more so if you are the murderer )

the evidence is what determines casey's guilt. the fact that the family lies doesn't surprise me or even interfere with concluding that casey is guilty.

the fact that nobody works in that family and that they are all leeches on the system relates to the issue of their moral character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 05:01 PM
 
25,942 posts, read 39,232,732 times
Reputation: 13923
If it really was an accidential drowning tha n we would have heard it 3 years ago..This girl loves to party and with maybe 4-5 years of prison she would be out to party...not staying there for years and than coming up with the sex abuse/drowning story...nothing what they say makes sense.

Cindy just shot herself in the foot by lying about her work hours and no decent employer will higher her...enjoy the future..what a mess are these people making.

After Cindy testified I really felt sorry for her...now I'm still sorry for Caylee...but Cindy needs a wake up call!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 05:15 PM
 
218 posts, read 111,787 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i think it is despicable to profit off a child's murder. (and even more so if you are the murderer )

the evidence is what determines casey's guilt. the fact that the family lies doesn't surprise me or even interfere with concluding that casey is guilty.

the fact that nobody works in that family and that they are all leeches on the system relates to the issue of their moral character.
I thought the mother worked, Cindy Anthony. I also thought the father, George Anthony, was retired. Do you find anything wrong with people retiring after working for years?

I disagree with you that the evidence shows that casey is guilty. My point has been that people are not listening to the evidence from the witness stand but are relying on the TV talking heads (who are twisting things enormously) for their opinions.

What evidence have you heard from the witness stand which convinces you beyond a reasonable doubt that it was premeditated first degree murder?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 05:21 PM
 
218 posts, read 111,787 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
If it really was an accidential drowning tha n we would have heard it 3 years ago..This girl loves to party and with maybe 4-5 years of prison she would be out to party...not staying there for years and than coming up with the sex abuse/drowning story...nothing what they say makes sense.

Cindy just shot herself in the foot by lying about her work hours and no decent employer will higher her...enjoy the future..what a mess are these people making.

After Cindy testified I really felt sorry for her...now I'm still sorry for Caylee...but Cindy needs a wake up call!
I disagree with you about Cindy shooting herself in the foot. You were not present in the courtroom when she testified and you have no clue how the jury will respond to that testimony.

Are you unaware that kids drown in swimming pools in Florida frequently? Are you unaware that the entrance to the swimming pool was NOT locked when Caylee disappeared? Why does it seem so inconceivable to you that a little girl could get into a swimming pool unsupervised and drown? It's quite common in Florida.

Cindy gave testimony which was harmful to Casey in this case already. Why would she perjure herself at this point? Did the state impeach her testimony about the google searches? Did the state present time sheets from her employer showing that she was at work at the time Cindy claims she was at home on the computer? Have you guys never heard of going home for lunch if you live close to your workplace?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top