U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-24-2011, 06:49 PM
 
18,852 posts, read 31,788,273 times
Reputation: 26120

Advertisements

There was no need for all this elaborate drama is Caylee died in a pool, after all, it is a common occurance in Florida. Casey could have told this to the police officers three years ago, and avoided a death penalty case. No, this "story" took three years to craft, and develop.

Why did Casey go on about leaving Caylee with a fictional nanny? I was never sure what happened after that story was proven fictional.

Even if we forget about the computer search, forget about the forensic mumbo jumbo, what it boils down to is this... Casey knew Caylee was missing for a month, she partied with her friends. Cindy reported Caylee missing when she found the car, smelling like death. Why did Casey stop driving her car? Those are the issues. The rest is fluff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-24-2011, 07:51 PM
 
Location: FL
1,716 posts, read 2,632,309 times
Reputation: 1853
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingwithpain View Post
I disagree with you about Cindy shooting herself in the foot. You were not present in the courtroom when she testified and you have no clue how the jury will respond to that testimony.

Are you unaware that kids drown in swimming pools in Florida frequently? Are you unaware that the entrance to the swimming pool was NOT locked when Caylee disappeared? Why does it seem so inconceivable to you that a little girl could get into a swimming pool unsupervised and drown? It's quite common in Florida.

Cindy gave testimony which was harmful to Casey in this case already. Why would she perjure herself at this point? Did the state impeach her testimony about the google searches? Did the state present time sheets from her employer showing that she was at work at the time Cindy claims she was at home on the computer? Have you guys never heard of going home for lunch if you live close to your workplace?
Cindy on the witness stand today said Caylee always wore a life preserver when she went in the pool. If that's the case, then why didn't the Anthony family go hire a personal injury attorney and sue the manufacturer of the life vest? No, instead they immedietely went out and hired attorneys for their lying daughter and their own sorry arses.

I want to know why Cindy was googling cloroform...phyll whatever. Was the dog getting tired becuase they were testing out murder concoctions on the dog before they injected them into Caylee. Interesting Cindy was an RN and they found a hypo needle near the remains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 08:00 PM
 
218 posts, read 111,908 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
There was no need for all this elaborate drama is Caylee died in a pool, after all, it is a common occurance in Florida. Casey could have told this to the police officers three years ago, and avoided a death penalty case. No, this "story" took three years to craft, and develop.

Why did Casey go on about leaving Caylee with a fictional nanny? I was never sure what happened after that story was proven fictional.

Even if we forget about the computer search, forget about the forensic mumbo jumbo, what it boils down to is this... Casey knew Caylee was missing for a month, she partied with her friends. Cindy reported Caylee missing when she found the car, smelling like death. Why did Casey stop driving her car? Those are the issues. The rest is fluff.
You are making the assumption that anyone in this family would respond to the child's death the same way a normal family would. They have a history of lying to themselves and to others about simple non-controversial stuff as well as the big things.

Nobody in the family responds to strongly emotional events like most other "normal" people do. It's really easy to call Casey Anthony names like a psychopath, sociopath, cold, calculating, etc., etc., because we do not want to see that accidents like this happen and people are screwed up and have illogical reactions to such incidents. It's FAR, FAR EASIER to believe she did it, she is a monster, and throw her away than it is to think it is more complicated and that she really loved her daughter but was so emotionally damaged by circumstances in her life that maybe she just clicked into auto-pilot and responded to this situation the way she has probably responded to horrible events all of her life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 08:08 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,812,414 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingwithpain View Post
I think there is a very good chance that the jury will believe her. She seems to be a very credible witness. Plus, I think it's possible that this information was covered in depositions prior to the trial. If Cindy testified differently on the witness stand than she did in a deposition, they would have impeached her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingwithpain View Post
I disagree. I've used computers for a long time, and I thought Cindy's testimony was credible.
Ok people, even if you discount the computer searches, how do you explain all the other evidence? Think about it would ya? I mean come on, lets use our brains here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
To say cruel things about the parents and Lee Anthony serves no purpose!Their work history is irrelevant as to whether Casey killed her child! The family has suffered enough don't you think?
You obviously have little to no Idea what you are talking about. Their work records have EVERYTHING to do with it because they prove that the parents were NOT at home to make those computer searches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 08:10 PM
 
218 posts, read 111,908 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
Cindy on the witness stand today said Caylee always wore a life preserver when she went in the pool. If that's the case, then why didn't the Anthony family go hire a personal injury attorney and sue the manufacturer of the life vest? No, instead they immedietely went out and hired attorneys for their lying daughter and their own sorry arses.

I want to know why Cindy was googling cloroform...phyll whatever. Was the dog getting tired becuase they were testing out murder concoctions on the dog before they injected them into Caylee. Interesting Cindy was an RN and they found a hypo needle near the remains.
WHEN SUPERVISED. It's my understanding that Caylee wandered out to the pool UNSUPERVISED and found the ladder in place and went into the pool alone UNSUPERVISED. A two year old wouldn't go looking for the life preserver to put on before going in the pool by herself. She was a two year old, a child, and could have been very happy just to go into the pool because it was fun!

So you're saying you think CINDY Anthony was involved in killing her granddaughter?? Really? Really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 08:15 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,812,414 times
Reputation: 7242
Casey Anthony is either the guiltiest person in the world, or the most unluckiest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 08:16 PM
 
218 posts, read 111,908 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Ok people, even if you discount the computer searches, how do you explain all the other evidence? Think about it would ya? I mean come on, lets use our brains here.



You obviously have little to no Idea what you are talking about. Their work records have EVERYTHING to do with it because they prove that the parents were NOT at home to make those computer searches.
Specifically what "other evidence"? Specifically what evidence has been presented to the jury which proves that Casey Anthony is guilty of premeditated first degree murder? You see, the state presented the computer searches in an attempt to prove premeditation by Casey. If Casey didn't make those searches, where is any other evidence of premeditation? There is no other evidence presented by the state.

I'm using my brain and trying to think more logically than emotionally. People have been so completely overcome with emotion regarding this case that they are NOT thinking logically for the most part. TV is filled with very biased talking heads trashing Casey Anthony and finding her guilty without really evaluating the evidence coming from the witness stand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 08:19 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,812,414 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
Cindy on the witness stand today said Caylee always wore a life preserver when she went in the pool. If that's the case, then why didn't the Anthony family go hire a personal injury attorney and sue the manufacturer of the life vest? No, instead they immedietely went out and hired attorneys for their lying daughter and their own sorry arses.

I want to know why Cindy was googling cloroform...phyll whatever. Was the dog getting tired becuase they were testing out murder concoctions on the dog before they injected them into Caylee. Interesting Cindy was an RN and they found a hypo needle near the remains.
""""sigh""""" I really wish people would do a little research and get their facts straight before spouting off. I you knew what you were talking about you would know exactly why she "claimed" to have been searching for those chemicals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 08:22 PM
 
218 posts, read 111,908 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Casey Anthony is either the guiltiest person in the world, or the most unluckiest
I've heard far, far more compelling evidence in murder cases. IMO, you over-simplify. This case is complicated. All this stuff you're hearing on TV about her personality by all these so-called psychologists and attorney-wannabees, and shock-jock types like Nancy Grace, is just biased gossip. I have heard Nancy Grace report something which happened in court INCORRECTLY regarding this case because I was watching the trial and saw what happened and knew that Grace was completely mischaracterizing testimony and events in order make it supportive of her position that Casey is a psychopath and guilty of premeditated first degree murder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 08:22 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,812,414 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingwithpain View Post
Specifically what "other evidence"? Specifically what evidence has been presented to the jury which proves that Casey Anthony is guilty of premeditated first degree murder? You see, the state presented the computer searches in an attempt to prove premeditation by Casey. If Casey didn't make those searches, where is any other evidence of premeditation? There is no other evidence presented by the state.

I'm using my brain and trying to think more logically than emotionally. People have been so completely overcome with emotion regarding this case that they are NOT thinking logically for the most part. TV is filled with very biased talking heads trashing Casey Anthony and finding her guilty without really evaluating the evidence coming from the witness stand.
I watch the actuall court footage everyday so never mind the talking heads.

Can you honestly tell me that you feel casey a. is completely innocent? Come on now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top