U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 09:05 PM

218 posts, read 111,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
As far as the mother making the computer searches though, if they { the deffense } can get somone from cindy's work on the stand to verify her claim that they had to put 8 hrs. on the timecard even though they may not have worked that amount, then I may consider her testimony about the searches as truth.
Well, thinking that Cindy is a liar on this, why would you believe her when she testified for the state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 09:07 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,783,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingwithpain View Post
I think the duct tape was placed on her face AFTER she was dead when she was discovered and an attempt was made to hide it all. I don't think there is any chance it was put there to keep her quiet if she woke up. The child was two years old and she could have eventually gotten the duct tape off. Even Casey would have realized that.

It's not a perfect world but juries do manage to have enough people included to follow the jury instructions somewhat. There has been a lot of expert testimony in this case and it has been complicated. I think the jury is going to be very busy evaluating all that testimony as best they can.

And the defense has not rested yet. There is still more evidence to be presented and we won't know the whole "story" until that's done. You know, if you and I are thinking in terms of the type of accident you described, then surely some people on that jury are thinking the same things.
Yeah, but why do this??? Wouldnt it have been better to just say "this was an accident" instead of making it look like a murder??? And, why all the lieing by casey a.? All that lieing just dosnt make sense unless she had something to hide.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:07 PM

6,587 posts, read 6,822,538 times
Quote:
I think the duct tape was placed on her face AFTER she was dead when she was discovered and an attempt was made to hide it all. I don't think there is any chance it was put there to keep her quiet if she woke up. The child was two years old and she could have eventually gotten the duct tape off. Even Casey would have realized that.

It's not a perfect world but juries do manage to have enough people included to follow the jury instructions somewhat. There has been a lot of expert testimony in this case and it has been complicated. I think the jury is going to be very busy evaluating all that testimony as best they can.

And the defense has not rested yet. There is still more evidence to be presented and we won't know the whole "story" until that's done. You know, if you and I are thinking in terms of the type of accident you described, then surely some people on that jury are thinking the same things.
Sadly especially for George and Cindy I don't think we will ever know the whole story!I think under Florida law even if the jury believed she overdosed Caylee by accident that still makes her eligible for the death penalty(because Caylee was a child and it was grossly negligent).

Old 06-24-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Well, thinking that Cindy is a liar on this, why would you believe her when she testified for the state?
Didnt say I did. I think Cindy is doing what any mother would do, telling the truth when it benefits her daughter and not telling the truth when it wouldnt. I never understood why any family member in any case would testify because their testimony is automaticly biased, or atleast should be suspected as such.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Sadly especially for George and Cindy I don't think we will ever know the whole story!I think under Florida law even if the jury believed she overdosed Caylee by accident that still makes her eligible for the death penalty(because Caylee was a child and it was grossly negligent).
She wont get the death penalty. L in P without P at most. The jury will have compassion for Cindy especially, so they probly wont give her death.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
She wont get the death penalty. L in P without P at most. The jury will have compassion for Cindy especially, so they probly wont give her death.
I agree I was just pointing out even if the jury thinks she overdosed Caylee by accident they could still under the law give her the DP (but they won't)! it just amazes me that someone couldn't talk Casey into taking a deal to spare her the possiblity of the death penalty. I think her lawyers did her a big diservice putting that whole crazy story out there in opening argument!

Old 06-24-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
I agree I was just pointing out even if the jury thinks she overdosed Caylee by accident they could still under the law give her the DP (but they won't)! it just amazes me that someone couldn't talk Casey into taking a deal to spare her the possiblity of the death penalty. I think her lawyers did her a big diservice putting that whole crazy story out there in opening argument!
Everyone on these message boards keeps talking about some deal.....what DEAL???

Prosecuters dont offer deals when they think they have a strong case { which in my opinion they do }

The only deal she may have had was L in P without P and if thats the case, why not roll the dice?

Old 06-24-2011, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Everyone on these message boards keeps talking about some deal.....what DEAL???

Prosecuters dont offer deals when they think they have a strong case { which in my opinion they do }

The only deal she may have had was L in P without P and if thats the case, why not roll the dice?
I meant before Cayles' body showed up...Baez was representing her, go to DA ask for a deal if she gives up the body and she sticks to the accident story!! Spares her family the pain and gets a chance to get out oneday!

Old 06-24-2011, 09:41 PM

218 posts, read 111,445 times
Quote:
Yeah, but why do this??? Wouldnt it have been better to just say "this was an accident" instead of making it look like a murder??? And, why all the lieing by casey a.? All that lieing just dosnt make sense unless she had something to hide.
She did have something to hide but I am not convinced that she was hiding premeditated first degree murder. Casey seems to be a habitual liar. She lies about bad things that happens in her life. She got fired from her job at Universal Studios and she just lied to herself and everyone else about that. Why would someone one do that? Well, most normal people wouldn't. Casey is not "typical" and doesn't seem to be what we think of as "normal." It seems that she lied about all bad things happening in her life; maybe that's the way she learned to cope with problems. Maybe when she was growing up she observed that the people in her family did not acknowledge problems, they just ignored them. From the testimony in this case, it seems that when Casey was pregnant the family "denied" that fact by not mentioning it or discussing it until she was almost ready to deliver.

Yes, it would have been much better for Casey if she had admitted there was an accident and informed law enforcement, but I think it's possible that Casey Anthony is not capable of that kind of logical reasonable thought and I don't think that she has the ability to think of or plan for the future. She's very limited. And she did something enormously stupid. Stupid does not necessarily equal evil and calculating and psychopath.

She is a habitual liar. She doesn't face reality very well. I mean the woman took police to an office at Universal Studios where she didn't work!! No reasonable, "normal" person would have done that. Actually, I think Casey tries to agree with and please people to the point that she continually lies so people won't get "mad at her." She's not normal.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
I meant before Cayles' body showed up...Baez was representing her, go to DA ask for a deal if she gives up the body and she sticks to the accident story!! Spares her family the pain and gets a chance to get out oneday!
I suppose so but if if's and but's were candy and nut's we would all have a merry Christmas wouldnt we?

That ship has sailed.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or