U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-24-2011, 09:48 PM
 
218 posts, read 111,532 times
Reputation: 39

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Sadly especially for George and Cindy I don't think we will ever know the whole story!I think under Florida law even if the jury believed she overdosed Caylee by accident that still makes her eligible for the death penalty(because Caylee was a child and it was grossly negligent).
True. They could find her guilty of that charge which would still make her eligible for the d.p., but then there is the sentencing trial to go through. So if she is found guilty of such a charge, it's still a long way to get to the sentence. Whole different set of issues to be dealt with in the sentencing trial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-24-2011, 09:51 PM
 
Location: tampa bay
6,587 posts, read 6,825,736 times
Reputation: 9856
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I suppose so but if if's and but's were candy and nut's we would all have a merry Christmas wouldnt we?

That ship has sailed.......
That's cute!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 09:54 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,788,054 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingwithpain View Post
She did have something to hide but I am not convinced that she was hiding premeditated first degree murder. Casey seems to be a habitual liar. She lies about bad things that happens in her life. She got fired from her job at Universal Studios and she just lied to herself and everyone else about that. Why would someone one do that? Well, most normal people wouldn't. Casey is not "typical" and doesn't seem to be what we think of as "normal." It seems that she lied about all bad things happening in her life; maybe that's the way she learned to cope with problems. Maybe when she was growing up she observed that the people in her family did not acknowledge problems, they just ignored them. From the testimony in this case, it seems that when Casey was pregnant the family "denied" that fact by not mentioning it or discussing it until she was almost ready to deliver.

Yes, it would have been much better for Casey if she had admitted there was an accident and informed law enforcement, but I think it's possible that Casey Anthony is not capable of that kind of logical reasonable thought and I don't think that she has the ability to think of or plan for the future. She's very limited. And she did something enormously stupid. Stupid does not necessarily equal evil and calculating and psychopath.

She is a habitual liar. She doesn't face reality very well. I mean the woman took police to an office at Universal Studios where she didn't work!! No reasonable, "normal" person would have done that. Actually, I think Casey tries to agree with and please people to the point that she continually lies so people won't get "mad at her." She's not normal.
Why would she lie about losing the job at Universal? simple, she wanted to have a legit excuse to ask her mother to babysit while she went and hung out with freinds....can you deny my logic as possible? As for the defense concentrating on dysfunction in the family.....big woop! every family has some amount of disfubction and every family has secrets that they hide.....the disfunction means nothing to me.

I was under the impression that she never actually had a job at Universal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 09:56 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,788,054 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
That's cute!!
I wasnt trying to be a smarta$$ or anything lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 09:59 PM
 
218 posts, read 111,532 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Why would she lie about losing the job at Universal? simple, she wanted to have a legit excuse to ask her mother to babysit while she went and hung out with freinds....can you deny my logic as possible? As for the defense concentrating on dysfunction in the family.....big woop! every family has some amount of disfubction and every family has secrets that they hide.....the disfunction means nothing to.
She lied to everyone about working at Universal. She even lied to the police and took them to her mythical office at Universal. She didn't want to ask the police to babysit for her.

Well, if you consider the psychological aspects of human behavior and poo-poo dysfunctional families, I can't change your mind about that.

I guess we will see at some point what the jury thought about that. Again, the defense has not presented its entire case yet, so we don't know what other evidence is out there. And I reserve the right to change my mind based on the rest of the evidence put on by the defense.

Yes, she actually did have a job at Universal at one time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 10:14 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,788,054 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingwithpain View Post
She lied to everyone about working at Universal. She even lied to the police and took them to her mythical office at Universal. She didn't want to ask the police to babysit for her.

Well, if you consider the psychological aspects of human behavior and poo-poo dysfunctional families, I can't change your mind about that.

I guess we will see at some point what the jury thought about that. Again, the defense has not presented its entire case yet, so we don't know what other evidence is out there. And I reserve the right to change my mind based on the rest of the evidence put on by the defense.

Yes, she actually did have a job at Universal at one time.
Thats the thing about telling a lie, once you have told you have to tell another, and then another, and pretty soon your entrenched! She was probly hoping that when she got the police to universal they would say " ok we beleive you, you dont need to take us any further"

I have personal experience with chronic liars, my cousin is one and her name is also casey and they look very similar LMAO! Can you beleive that? well....its the truth whether you belive it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 10:21 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,788,054 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingwithpain View Post
And I reserve the right to change my mind based on the rest of the evidence put on by the defense.

You mean you reserve the right to come to your senses???........Im kidding, you have the right to you opinion no matter what that opinion is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 10:44 PM
 
218 posts, read 111,532 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Thats the thing about telling a lie, once you have told you have to tell another, and then another, and pretty soon your entrenched! She was probly hoping that when she got the police to universal they would say " ok we beleive you, you dont need to take us any further"

I have personal experience with chronic liars, my cousin is one and her name is also casey and they look very similar LMAO! Can you beleive that? well....its the truth whether you belive it or not.
I have no reason to disbelieve you. If you say your cousin is a chronic liar, I believe you. Can't think of anything you have to gain by telling me that other than the face value of it.

Casey's lying is not just "normal" lying, so I don't think the normal "rules" we apply work on this woman. She lies, IMO, to avoid reality, almost all reality, not just getting caught for doing something bad. She just doesn't seem to be capable of facing reality (problems) whether it's losing her job or losing a boyfriend or who Casey's father is, etc. She's avoiding reality and having to deal with the pain of facing people who will criticize her.....I suspect that she was criticized harshly her entire life. Probably got a lot of mixed messages, like mother telling her she loves her one minute, and being furious with her the next and telling her how bad she is. Remember that her mother asked her if the sexual abuse was the reason that she was a *****?

She's not normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 10:46 PM
 
218 posts, read 111,532 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
You mean you reserve the right to come to your senses???........Im kidding, you have the right to you opinion no matter what that opinion is
You too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 10:51 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,900 posts, read 10,788,054 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingwithpain View Post
I have no reason to disbelieve you. If you say your cousin is a chronic liar, I believe you. Can't think of anything you have to gain by telling me that other than the face value of it.

Casey's lying is not just "normal" lying, so I don't think the normal "rules" we apply work on this woman. She lies, IMO, to avoid reality, almost all reality, not just getting caught for doing something bad. She just doesn't seem to be capable of facing reality (problems) whether it's losing her job or losing a boyfriend or who Casey's father is, etc. She's avoiding reality and having to deal with the pain of facing people who will criticize her.....I suspect that she was criticized harshly her entire life. Probably got a lot of mixed messages, like mother telling her she loves her one minute, and being furious with her the next and telling her how bad she is. Remember that her mother asked her if the sexual abuse was the reason that she was a *****?

She's not normal.
This is according to Casey A., if you can beleive ANYTHING she says at this point. I never heard the mother say that and I dont think that its documented anywhere that she did { could be wrong....idk }
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top