U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 10:05 PM

5,177 posts, read 8,703,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I have been following this story on multiple channels/programs.

Giving Casey the benefit of a doubt............

I believe Casey was using chloroform and other drugs to keep Caylee asleep when she didn't want to ask her mother to watch her......and accidently overdosed her.

I think she put the duct tape over Caylee's mouth and nose in an attemp to stop decomposition fluids from oozing out all over the trunk of the car.

.....................or..............

After that big fight with her mother, Casey's only thought was to punish her mother by taking Caylee away from her forever........"I'll show YOU!"

So, she knocked Caylee out with chloroform so she wouldn't struggle while Casey was smothering her with the duct tape.

I think there is enough reasonable doubt about exactly how and why Caylee died to keep Casey off death row......but that's all.

Accidently or on purpose, I am positive Casey killed her.

I think she will get life without parole.
As a parent, you desperately want to believe your child but Annie nailed it. I think she will get life without parole or at least 35 years, something like that. I don't she will get the death penalty. No winners at all. So sad.

I think her mother (Cindy) called Casey out on her parenting skills and gave her an ultimatim. Casey was frantic, didn't know what to do, knocked Caylee out, put her in the trunk (to sleep it off) and when she came back to the car at like 5 AM, Caylee was unresponsive. One lie led to another and so forth. If she had just come forth then....all this expense, time, grief, worry b/c someone was not responsible.

She was an immature 22 who had gotten her way time and time again. She'd put on the charm, her parents bought it every time. Just sad. Caylee was so cute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 10:19 PM

9,916 posts, read 9,311,269 times
Thanks for that link ...

Just looked through it but Felony Murder might be 30 years to life in prison. There is several other references and with various effective dates. Of course I could be 'dead' wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
Felony Murder carries the death penalty sentence for sure.

I think No. 4, Aggravated Manslaughter of a child, is the other one that carries the death penalty. It's either 3 or 4. And of course, as you said, Murder in the 1st degree.

I'm encouraged with all the lesser included possibilities. I agree that the jury instructions are very complicated, and the jurors have to take that stuff seriously. Even filling out the verdict forms is complicated!

Well, I looked up Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child and the statutes say it's a first degree felony, which is not a death penalty offense, so I'm wrong about Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child. Here's a link to the statute in re sentences:
Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Old 07-05-2011, 03:41 AM

288 posts, read 133,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Thanks for that link ...

Just looked through it but Felony Murder might be 30 years to life in prison. There is several other references and with various effective dates. Of course I could be 'dead' wrong!
I'm sure Felony Murder is a d.p. offense at least some form of felony murder. I'm aware of several cases on death row in Florida who were convicted of felony murder. In one case, the jury found that the defendant was NOT the shooter in the murder, but they then recommended death for felony murder and the judge sentenced that person to death.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:52 PM

5,660 posts, read 6,860,194 times
I believe so.

Old 07-06-2011, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I believe so.
well, the jury disagreed with you.

Old 07-06-2011, 07:16 PM

31,376 posts, read 19,647,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
well, the jury disagreed with you.
And this is the respect the defense team has for the judicial system.

http://www.ctpost.com/mediaManager/?controllerName=image&action=get&id=1097748&width= 628&height=471 (broken link)

He might as well be flipping his bird to Caylee~

Old 07-06-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

No, it's not. That is an indication of his respect for the tabloid media, and they deserved it. They were the people snapping the photo.

HOW in the world can you manage to think it is a reflection of what they think of the judicial system? No way. They WON the case!

Old 07-08-2011, 08:16 PM

25,905 posts, read 39,198,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

And he stated he will do it again! His lousy excuse was that the person he flipped off was for months annoying and loud and obnoxious to the defense team while walking in the street and that he had enough of it...WOW, Mr. Mason showed he is human and has no style. Even his speech and his interviews have been even worse tome than I expected...

Old 07-08-2011, 08:31 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,144,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
And he stated he will do it again! His lousy excuse was that the person he flipped off was for months annoying and loud and obnoxious to the defense team while walking in the street and that he had enough of it...WOW, Mr. Mason showed he is human and has no style. Even his speech and his interviews have been even worse tome than I expected...
I'd be willing to bet he wears confederate flag underwear.

Old 07-09-2011, 02:23 AM

25,393 posts, read 30,761,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I have been following this story on multiple channels/programs.

Giving Casey the benefit of a doubt............

I believe Casey was using chloroform and other drugs to keep Caylee asleep when she didn't want to ask her mother to watch her......and accidently overdosed her.

I think she put the duct tape over Caylee's mouth and nose in an attemp to stop decomposition fluids from oozing out all over the trunk of the car.

.....................or..............

After that big fight with her mother, Casey's only thought was to punish her mother by taking Caylee away from her forever........"I'll show YOU!"

So, she knocked Caylee out with chloroform so she wouldn't struggle while Casey was smothering her with the duct tape.

I think there is enough reasonable doubt about exactly how and why Caylee died to keep Casey off death row......but that's all.

Accidently or on purpose, I am positive Casey killed her.

I think she will get life without parole.
I agree with you. I'm stunned the jury returned a not guilty verdict for manslaughter. I knew they couldn't convict on first degree murder but there is no doubt, in some way, Casey is responsible for Calyee's death and that fits manslaughter whether accidental or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or