U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-23-2011, 10:57 PM
 
Location: Silver Springs, FL
23,440 posts, read 31,869,332 times
Reputation: 15560

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingwithpain View Post
I can understand that. there certainly is a media circus around this case. That's why I fear that she will not get a fair trial. We'll see.
There is no way there can be a fair trial with all the media exposure, no way at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-23-2011, 10:58 PM
 
4,728 posts, read 4,498,996 times
Reputation: 9039
Yes, I think she is guilty of first degree murder. Why would someone research the things she did on her computer, if she wasn't planning to do away with her daughter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 12:37 AM
 
Location: Ohio
15,196 posts, read 13,534,918 times
Reputation: 20685
It isn't just the computer searches that make her look guilty.

She still looks guilty even if you ignore the computer searches.

Casey has proved her guilt with the words that have come out of her own mouth.....at the very least.

Does anyone here really believe that George Anthony found his grand daughter dead in the pool and then hid her decomposing body in Casey's car for 4 or 5 days before he decided to dump it in the woods?

That is what Casey herself says happened. If you believe Casey is innocent, then you have to believe this story is true, don't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 08:58 AM
 
Location: Ohio
20,137 posts, read 14,362,716 times
Reputation: 16324
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingwithpain View Post
That's why I fear that she will not get a fair trial. We'll see.
Oh yeah? Please describe in exquisite detail the fair trial Caylee got before she was murdered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Yes, I think she is guilty of first degree murder. Why would someone research the things she did on her computer, if she wasn't planning to do away with her daughter?
That's sufficient to justify pre-meditation. Maybe they can put her in the same cell Ted Bundy had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 09:23 AM
 
16,553 posts, read 11,557,871 times
Reputation: 4231
She as guilty as sin. She murdered her daughter for sure, but the state hasn't proven murder 1 yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 09:25 AM
 
16,553 posts, read 11,557,871 times
Reputation: 4231
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
There is no way there can be a fair trial with all the media exposure, no way at all.
You do know that the jury is kept away from the coverage while the trial is going on right? That's what sequestered means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 09:43 AM
 
218 posts, read 112,345 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Yes, I think she is guilty of first degree murder. Why would someone research the things she did on her computer, if she wasn't planning to do away with her daughter?
How do you know that Casey did those searches? Were you there? Cindy Anthony has now testified that she made the searches. So there is at least some conflict about who made the searches on that computer. If you were on the jury, that is all the information you would have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 09:51 AM
 
218 posts, read 112,345 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
She as guilty as sin. She murdered her daughter for sure, but the state hasn't proven murder 1 yet.
And that's what trials are all about. The state must prove the case. The fact that they can't prove murder 1 probably means it was not murder 1. It is certainly reasonable to think that Caylee's death was accidental based on the evidence presented so far. Stupid does not equal a murderer. Casey Anthony behaved in a stupid manner for sure by trying to pretend that her daughter was not dead. IMO, Casey was in deep, deep denial and for the most part still is. I think she is guilty of being very psychologically numb and screwed up, but that does not mean premeditated first degree murder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 09:56 AM
 
218 posts, read 112,345 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Oh yeah? Please describe in exquisite detail the fair trial Caylee got before she was murdered.



That's sufficient to justify pre-meditation. Maybe they can put her in the same cell Ted Bundy had.
Who told you that life is fair? However, our justice system is made up of laws and rules in order to do the best possible job we can of have fair trials. Convicting someone of premeditated first degree murder who did not do so is not justice for Caylee. Your argument regarding Caylee and this case is strictly emotional. Step back and try to view the evidence objectively.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 10:05 AM
 
218 posts, read 112,345 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
It isn't just the computer searches that make her look guilty.

She still looks guilty even if you ignore the computer searches.

Casey has proved her guilt with the words that have come out of her own mouth.....at the very least.

Does anyone here really believe that George Anthony found his grand daughter dead in the pool and then hid her decomposing body in Casey's car for 4 or 5 days before he decided to dump it in the woods?

That is what Casey herself says happened. If you believe Casey is innocent, then you have to believe this story is true, don't you?
I don't necessarily believe Casey is "innocent." The trial is about guilty or not guilty based on evidence presented in the trial. There is never a verdict of "innocent."

Yes, I believe it is POSSIBLE that George Anthony was involved in this incident somehow. Otherwise, why did he try to commit suicide? And there's the mistress' allegation that George Anthony told her that Caylee's death was a terrible accident that snowballed out of control. George Anthony is a hardened former detective. I find it difficult to believe that he would try to kill himself simply because his granddaughter died. See, it's possible for people to believe something other than the state's theory.

All of those tapes people are playing of Casey talking to her parents while she's in jail, etc., are meant to inflame the public, and, those along with all the hatred toward Casey Anthony spewed on TV by the talking heads is biased and being put forward to pump up their viewerhship primarily. There has not been one single mental health expert put on the witness stand so far who has examined and/or tested Casey Anthony in order to give at least an educated and informed opinion regarding her psychological health. Not one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top