U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 05:08 PM

19,841 posts, read 18,861,423 times

Advertisements

From the photos on tv, he is not the geezer bandit in CA.

Personally, I don't even see why he even needs a trial at this stage of the game. He's locked up as he should be. Do we have to waste the time and money on a trial?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 09:41 PM

4,060 posts, read 9,114,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
Hi adventuregurl -- I did not mean how he made his living before [smile], I meant over the past 16 years.....
I just read on CNN that they believe he has been living off the millions he made as a mob boss. They lived modestly.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:43 AM

2,898 posts, read 5,205,693 times
As a teen & throughout my 20s, I grew up in the neighborhood Whitey annihilated with drugs, murders, extortion, robbery whist he was still in power. He's a disgraceful coward, killer & liar. He destroyed his own people (from his own 'hood), ratted on his own associates whilst hypocritically stating how he hated rats (okay, they were dealers, but my point is he has no loyalty) & killed 18-20 people, depending upon which account you read. Let him experience the rest of his life with the same fear he subjected upon 'Southie' residents... many of us were just going to work, school & trying to get out of that 'hood because of how violent & scary it was, having nothing to do with the crooked ongoings, which were prevalent & affected us all.

Word is his crooked brother, Billy, will bail him out & pay for his & his despicable girlfriend's defense. I can't imagine they'd grant him bail, seeing how he's been on the run for 16-yrs. If you want the most up-to-date info, check out the British press (e.g., dailymail.uk.co). I have no idea why, but they seem to post stories hours before they come out on the US press.

Those who didn't grow up in the 'hood think of him as a romantic "Departed" figure... I was disgusted by stupid women who said those words in the Santa Monica community where he hung out for 16-yrs. "How romantic... a crime figure was amongst us." It wasn't good or romantic living with him amongst us for those many years, lady. He's a cold blooded killer who'd take your grandmum's life if it served him & made him a buck. He strangled his friend's 20-something girlfriend because he thought she knew he & 1 of his associates were FBI informants.

My only dispair is this 81-yr old thug won't live longer to have a long life of h*ll in prison, like he deserves... his beastly goomah, too. May the rest of their lives be painful.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:36 AM

2,898 posts, read 5,205,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
I just read on CNN that they believe he has been living off the millions he made as a mob boss. They lived modestly.
In S. Boston, it's rumoured that his brother, Billy (former Speaker of the House & President of U-Mass) held a good portion of his blood money & passed it onto him, as needed, via his daughter, who lived 3-blocks from Whitey in Santa Monica. Shortly after she moved there, in '95, so did Whitey & his creepy girlfriend.

His associates (you can read their various books... Kevin Weeks, John Shea, Eddie MacKenzie & columnist Howie Carr... yep, read them all) all spoke of him stashing money in many safe deposit boxes all across the country & other countries (England, IR, Mexico).

Also, his apt in CA had a false wall with that $800K stored inside alongside his exercise equipment... seems he wanted folks to think he had depression & Alzheimers (perhaps in case he was caught... he can claim to not remember as his brother did when question in court about his wearabouts & because others in the bldg didn't see him often, so it was offered as an excuse)... not sure anyone with either problem is often known for weight lifting.

When he fled S. Boston 16-yrs ago, after the FBI tipped him off he'd be indicted, he left behind an apt with money & guns (according to the other girlfriend he also left behind) stored inside the walls... with his exercise equipment.

Everyone speaks of how smart & street savvy he was/is. A true believer in not keeping all one's eggs in one basket... always have another out. He had plenty of money, always did.

BTW, a request... if anyone reads the books from those who made millions by killing & dealing drugs under Whitey's orders, please get them from the library & don't put more $$ into these crooks' pockets. Two of them came out with 2nd books this week (before he was caught)... they'll continue to make $$ from their murders for a long time coming, it seems. Such a shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or