U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why did judge Perry recess court for the entire day?
Possible miss-trial 2 12.50%
possible plea agreement 1 6.25%
Lawyer may be in trouble on deffense or prosecution team 2 12.50%
Issue with the jury or a specific member of the jury 0 0%
Issue with a member of Casey Anthony's family 2 12.50%
Other 1 6.25%
I dont know 8 50.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 06:39 AM

3,173 posts, read 3,083,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
No that part is very true...either way she lied...she either lied on the time sheet or that she did the searches...

IMO she lied on the searches since she had claimed not to have a "myspace" account...and in between the searches the myspace account was used...

Bye Cindy's lying testimony.
Her lie on the time sheet was presented as something that "everybody does" but don't they have to prove in court that she lied about being home? We know she did but the jury has just seen the poor grandmother up there. She did show her little smirk though when she laughed at the pros attorney. Mark Fuhrman said they will be doing everything they can to come up with the evidence to prove she lied on the stand.
I was just wondering something. If they can find the evidence that she lied under oath in this trial, while the trial is going on? What will happen? Anybody know?
Now we have to wait and see what lie George may come up with, he was studying his papers on Sat, just like Cindy was last week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 10:18 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,469,157 times
Quote:
TV folks are still speculating. One personality just said that a person close to the case indicated that it is a problem with an attorney, not Baez. I'm thinking there is a huge problem with the prosecution attorney having made contact with the boss of a defense witness which resulted in the defense witness not testifying and having his job threatened. That attorney is Jeff Ashton.
I am not clear about this...what do you mean? Is there a problem with the prosecution side contacting the defense attorney side -- I thought that happens alot -- not a bad thing, I don't think...I am trying to remember for my limited time working for a defense attorney, there were times the prosecutor contacted the defense attorney -- certainly don't know the elements of those conversations at all [although I think a few times those conversations were connected w/potential plea agreements which I don't see happening in this case]...

So any attorneys out there who can help explain this and if this would be an issue?

Tx

Old 06-26-2011, 10:34 AM

94 posts, read 39,189 times
I"m not an attorney, but what I read was that the prosecutor called up the boss of a witness. Not a defense attorney. I read that an attorney for the prosecution called up the boss of a witness who was supposed to testify for the defesne side and then the boss of that witness said the witness could not testify or he would lose his job. I don't think there is any problem with the attorneys contacting each other. I may be wrong but I remember the words prosecutorial misconduct in the article.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:49 AM

13,900 posts, read 10,812,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I had thought that maybe they came up with the proof that Cindy had lied about being at work on the day of the searches but that is probably just wishful thinking.
Even if they had it certainly wouldnt be anyhting to lose an entire day of testimony over. IF they find that evidence, it will be brought to light in the states two day rebutle case. What the deffense needs to do is bring someone to the stand from Cindy's work and verify that it was infact common to incorrectly fill out time cards. Until then, Ill assume her testimony was just an effort to give reasonable doubt to the jury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Her lie on the time sheet was presented as something that "everybody does" but don't they have to prove in court that she lied about being home? We know she did but the jury has just seen the poor grandmother up there. She did show her little smirk though when she laughed at the pros attorney. Mark Fuhrman said they will be doing everything they can to come up with the evidence to prove she lied on the stand.
I was just wondering something. If they can find the evidence that she lied under oath in this trial, while the trial is going on? What will happen? Anybody know?
Now we have to wait and see what lie George may come up with, he was studying his papers on Sat, just like Cindy was last week.
If they find out she lied on the stand, she could be brought up on charges, however, this is very unlikely, seeing as Cindy A. is probly the most sympathetic character in this whole ordeal.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:58 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,469,157 times
Thanks for the clarification -- and in my opinion...
a. The jury will figure out that 'grandmother' is and has lied; perhaps they will understand why the lying, to try to help her daughter; however, I don't think it will fly;
b. The jury, as much as they will discuss and review and examine all of the evidence, will also consider the body language, the tears, the theatrics [and I feel horrible using that term, but the reality is that the accussed is theatrical and I think the jury will also use common sense...how do you not know where your child is; how, as a mom, you are not pulling your hair out when you cannot find your child; nope, I don't think any of the histrionics will work; and
c. And, rightfully so, perjury should be taken and treated seriously..when you take the stand, you need to tell the truth, it is that simple.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:50 PM

3,173 posts, read 3,083,322 times
If the jury comes to a not guilty verdict and then it is proven that Cindy lied, I think Cindy should be thrown in jail! Casey will be out there free to breed and kill another one, all because poor gramma lied.
Poor little Caylee never saw it coming and the next one won't either BUT if there is a next time, there will be another grandmother and grandfather that would really deserves our sympathy, and that is not even mentioning the poor father.
In my opinion, there is no way it was an accident with her running around all joyful, happy and acting like she just won the lottery.
I get ill just thinking about this.

Old 06-26-2011, 08:22 PM

530 posts, read 605,453 times
Well, why don't we just ask Nancy Grace, since her and her nose seem to know everything.
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2011, 02:07 PM

4,577 posts, read 7,078,067 times
well, none of the above. Competency testing on Casey, 3 shrinks over the weekend decided she was competent to stand trial. gosh, nobody thought that one...event the 'experts".

Old 06-27-2011, 02:13 PM

94 posts, read 39,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
well, none of the above. Competency testing on Casey, 3 shrinks over the weekend decided she was competent to stand trial. gosh, nobody thought that one...event the 'experts".
I heard on TV that her attorneys requested competency testing. Something must have happened with her emotionally for them to do so. And it must have been genuine or the judge would not have ended court that day for the testing. As I said in another post, I think the last few days of last week were really hard on her. I think it's possible that the huge denial she seems capable of broke down for a while last week and she needed a mental health evaluation. I think I heard that a competency test is to make sure that she is competent to help her lawyers with her case.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:16 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,788,273 times
Perhaps she wants to testify, and the lawyers are doing a CYA...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or