U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Why did judge Perry recess court for the entire day?
Possible miss-trial 2 12.50%
possible plea agreement 1 6.25%
Lawyer may be in trouble on deffense or prosecution team 2 12.50%
Issue with the jury or a specific member of the jury 0 0%
Issue with a member of Casey Anthony's family 2 12.50%
Other 1 6.25%
I dont know 8 50.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-27-2011, 02:20 PM
 
94 posts, read 39,068 times
Reputation: 28

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Perhaps she wants to testify, and the lawyers are doing a CYA...
I think it would be pretty hard for the lawyers to fake something which required mental health professionals to review. It's possible that she really did have an emotional break at the end of last week. She looked pretty upset in court. Plus she does not seem to have any emotional support at all other than her legal team, and those people are not her longtime friends or family. I think it's possible that Casey Anthony thinks she is a really awful horrible person and that's why she lives in lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-27-2011, 03:28 PM
 
Location: tampa bay
6,587 posts, read 6,821,268 times
Reputation: 9851
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Perhaps she wants to testify, and the lawyers are doing a CYA...
Entirely possible!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2011, 03:35 PM
 
Location: tampa bay
6,587 posts, read 6,821,268 times
Reputation: 9851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritos View Post
I think it would be pretty hard for the lawyers to fake something which required mental health professionals to review. It's possible that she really did have an emotional break at the end of last week. She looked pretty upset in court. Plus she does not seem to have any emotional support at all other than her legal team, and those people are not her longtime friends or family. I think it's possible that Casey Anthony thinks she is a really awful horrible person and that's why she lives in lies.
Casey has refused all visits from her parents at the jail and has had them turned away.When the defense heard explanation of Caylees' death that should given them a big clue Casey lived in CrazyTown! Baez and team are desperate I think they always doubted her sanity but probably thought now is a good time to play this card!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2011, 04:58 PM
 
94 posts, read 39,068 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Casey has refused all visits from her parents at the jail and has had them turned away.When the defense heard explanation of Caylees' death that should given them a big clue Casey lived in CrazyTown! Baez and team are desperate I think they always doubted her sanity but probably thought now is a good time to play this card!!
Exactly. Certainly seems casey has lived in crazy town her whole life. that is one of the reasons I don't believe that she could have planned to kill her daughter and followed through with it. I'm convinced that the death was accidential and crazy casey just tried to pretend it didn't happen. What else in her life has she been shown to have planned out, focused on, carried out, and succeeded at doing? Nothing. Casey seems to have lived her life just reacting to things happening around her, and reacting with lies and fantasy. I've seen nothing to indicate that she is shrewd, calculating, organized and/or focused in her thinking.

And maybe someone else did help her hide the body, as was suggested by some other poster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2011, 05:47 PM
 
Location: tampa bay
6,587 posts, read 6,821,268 times
Reputation: 9851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritos View Post
Exactly. Certainly seems casey has lived in crazy town her whole life. that is one of the reasons I don't believe that she could have planned to kill her daughter and followed through with it. I'm convinced that the death was accidential and crazy casey just tried to pretend it didn't happen. What else in her life has she been shown to have planned out, focused on, carried out, and succeeded at doing? Nothing. Casey seems to have lived her life just reacting to things happening around her, and reacting with lies and fantasy. I've seen nothing to indicate that she is shrewd, calculating, organized and/or focused in her thinking.

And maybe someone else did help her hide the body, as was suggested by some other poster.
You had me up till the last line! Someone who??George or Cindy??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2011, 07:04 PM
 
94 posts, read 39,068 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
You had me up till the last line! Someone who??George or Cindy??
Don't know who. Could be someone we don't even know about. No, I don't think for one minute that cindy, her mother could have done that. Seems to me that her mother is very high-strung and thinks and behaves a lot like casey, for example, just ignoring things and hoping they would go away. It took 30 days before the mother was able to push this issue with casey. Mom puts things off until it's a huge drama. Probably many issues in the family were just ignored and did in fact go away. I also think that cindy is too open and talks too much to have been able to help hide the body and then keep quiet. Don't know about the father. His attempt at suicide indicates a real problem and lack of stability. But I just don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2011, 07:07 PM
 
94 posts, read 39,068 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Casey has refused all visits from her parents at the jail and has had them turned away.When the defense heard explanation of Caylees' death that should given them a big clue Casey lived in CrazyTown! Baez and team are desperate I think they always doubted her sanity but probably thought now is a good time to play this card!!
But I thought I had seen videos of her parents, both of them, visiting her in jail and talking to her on that phone they have set up there for non-contact visits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2011, 07:31 PM
 
Location: tampa bay
6,587 posts, read 6,821,268 times
Reputation: 9851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritos View Post
But I thought I had seen videos of her parents, both of them, visiting her in jail and talking to her on that phone they have set up there for non-contact visits.
I think at some point the family knew everything they said during those visits was being veiwed by the police (and Nancy Grace)!So I guess they started writing letters to Casey and having Baez deliver them. However on the first day of trial Cindy and George went to see her at the jail and she turned them away!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2011, 08:07 PM
 
94 posts, read 39,068 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I think at some point the family knew everything they said during those visits was being veiwed by the police (and Nancy Grace)!So I guess they started writing letters to Casey and having Baez deliver them. However on the first day of trial Cindy and George went to see her at the jail and she turned them away!
Oh. Casey certainly did herself no favors by running her mouth during those taped visits! I wonder if her lawyers advised her to not talk, that those visits are taped? Guess not.

I think people are giving case far, far too much credit for being so smart, so cunning, so shrewd, so cold, the heartless sociopath/psychopath. Casey doesn't seem to be any of that to me. I don't think she's all that smart. She seems far too needy IMO. She talks way too much. Seems those lies were all about trying to get people to like her and make herself appear to be more than she really was/is. A really cunning liar would not tell lies which would backfire on them. Casey told stupid lies. Lying to her mom about graduating and letting her mom plan that party.

As I said, she doesn't demonstrate organized, focused thinking; she doesn't seem to be able to really plan anything and carry through with it. Her lies are like those of a kid, a teenage kid! It would be interesting to have her psychologically tested and see what emotional age she turns out to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2011, 10:44 AM
 
4,572 posts, read 7,055,913 times
Reputation: 4222
IMO, I think Lee helped her with the body. He is extremely emotionally attached to Casey and I think she trusts him...not anyone else in the family, certainly not her mother or father. If she was going to turn to anybody, it would be Lee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top