U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why did judge Perry recess court for the entire day?
Possible miss-trial 2 12.50%
possible plea agreement 1 6.25%
Lawyer may be in trouble on deffense or prosecution team 2 12.50%
Issue with the jury or a specific member of the jury 0 0%
Issue with a member of Casey Anthony's family 2 12.50%
Other 1 6.25%
I dont know 8 50.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 07:04 PM

6,589 posts, read 6,837,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritos View Post
Yes, it does. George lying about the relationship does not look good for his credibility. If he lied about that, what else might he have told a little lie about?

He made himself look very guilty of having an intimate relationship with that woman. Then if the woman comes in to testify and testifies about the things George told her about the case, it definitely affects what the jury thinks about the facts. It will be a question of fact as to whether or not George Anthony told her that the death of Caylee was a horrible accident which snowballed out of control.
It takes a huge leap in logic to say because George had an affair he's a child molester and body dumper!This River Cruise testified under oath that she DID NOT have a sexual relationship with George. The only things that may help her is the note he left at her home and if they have the texts from him! As far as George telling her "that it was an accident that snowballed out of control" he never told her how he knew that!George could have just wanted to believe that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 07:10 PM

94 posts, read 39,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Maybe in your opinion, I thought he was confident and firm in what he was saying. And river cruise or whatever she wants to be called, is obviously trying to cash in on the fame of this case. Also, even if they did have an affair, you still have to prove that he said to her what she is claiming that he did.
His story didn't make sense to most people. Many here talk about common sense; well, common sense tells most people that George Anthony's actions concerning this woman, visiting her at her place alone, are certainly suspicious. lol

Most of the "experts" chatting up this case on TV, all of whom are very much against Casey Anthony and big supporters of George Anthony, also said they thought his testimony was a problem, didn't sound truthful. Some speculated that it would have been better if he had at least 'fessed up to having an emotional affair with that woman. As for the credibility of the woman's testimony, that remains to be seen when she does testify. I think those text messages will go a long way toward establishing her credbility.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
It takes a huge leap in logic to say because George had an affair he's a child molester and body dumper!This River Cruise testified under oath that she DID NOT have a sexual relationship with George. The only things that may help her is the note he left at her home and if they have the texts from him! As far as George telling her "that it was an accident that snowballed out of control" he never told her how he knew that!George could have just wanted to believe that!
Who said that her testimony would mean he dumped the body?

The woman later corrected that statement about not having an affair with him, so it will not carry the negative weight that it would have if somehow she had been impeached about that.

Think about it. George Anthony goes to her place, ALONE, to "visit" with her on several occasions which he admits to. She is a single woman. He's visiting her in her place ALONE. If he really wanted to extend his concern about her brain tumor, WHY didn't he take Cindy with him to do so? If it had been an appropriate relationship with a volunteer, George Anthony would have taken his wife with him. He's not so stupid as to not realize what it looks like when he takes time to go visit a single woman alone without his wife, and then texts that woman that he "needs" her in his life.

She has information about him such as he did not have a job but Cindy thought he did have a job. It's possible that she can prove she loaned him money thru records she kept. And there is the text message from George saying that he "needed" her in his life. There is no requirement to PROVE that George believed what he said or not. All that is necessary to maybe establish reasonable doubt is that what he said is consistent with the defense theory of Caylee's death being an accident. If George was just expressing his hopes about Caylee when he told her that, then WHY wouldn't he get on the stand and say, yes, we were emotionally close, and I was just hoping beyond all hope that Caylee's death was an accident? If he's Mr. Honest John, and a shall-not-tell-a-lie guy, why not tell the truth about this?

Old 06-28-2011, 07:44 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,767,200 times
I don't think Baez scored on Roy today.

The defense case gets weaker every day.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:44 PM

George definately took a hit today and if it was more then friendship he should have fessed up! I think everyone in that family carries the lying gene!! The problem with the defense is that they overeached with making George such a bad guy (molester) Roy Kronk(body snatcher) and then when the they got them both on the stand they didn't ask either one of them the BIG questions! Why not??

Old 06-28-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I don't think Baez scored on Roy today.

The defense case gets weaker every day.
Chaney Mason screwed that direct up(Kronk) we can't blame Baez for that one!!

Old 06-28-2011, 08:49 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,804,828 times
Quote:
His story didn't make sense to most people. Many here talk about common sense; well, common sense tells most people that George Anthony's actions concerning this woman, visiting her at her place alone, are certainly suspicious. lol

Most of the "experts" chatting up this case on TV, all of whom are very much against Casey Anthony and big supporters of George Anthony, also said they thought his testimony was a problem, didn't sound truthful. Some speculated that it would have been better if he had at least 'fessed up to having an emotional affair with that woman. As for the credibility of the woman's testimony, that remains to be seen when she does testify. I think those text messages will go a long way toward establishing her credbility.
Like I said, even if they did have an affair, you still have to prove that he said what shes claiming and I dont think the prosecution will have any problem ripping her credibility to shreds. Maybe he did say that, but maybe she took it out of context. Maybe he meant that the whole thing was a big cluster**** that spun out of control. Things taken out of context can be very dangerous.

[quote]
Quote:
Who said that her testimony would mean he dumped the body?

The woman later corrected that statement about not having an affair with him, so it will not carry the negative weight that it would have if somehow she had been impeached about that.

Think about it. George Anthony goes to her place, ALONE, to "visit" with her on several occasions which he admits to. She is a single woman. He's visiting her in her place ALONE. If he really wanted to extend his concern about her brain tumor, WHY didn't he take Cindy with him to do so? If it had been an appropriate relationship with a volunteer, George Anthony would have taken his wife with him. He's not so stupid as to not realize what it looks like when he takes time to go visit a single woman alone without his wife, and then texts that woman that he "needs" her in his life.

She has information about him such as he did not have a job but Cindy thought he did have a job. It's possible that she can prove she loaned him money thru records she kept. And there is the text message from George saying that he "needed" her in his life. There is no requirement to PROVE that George believed what he said or not. All that is necessary to maybe establish reasonable doubt is that what he said is consistent with the defense theory of Caylee's death being an accident. If George was just expressing his hopes about Caylee when he told her that, then WHY wouldn't he get on the stand and say, yes, we were emotionally close, and I was just hoping beyond all hope that Caylee's death was an accident? If he's Mr. Honest John, and a shall-not-tell-a-lie guy, why not tell the truth about this?[/quote]
you dont know that he isnt you are simply speculating just like the rest of us, maybe he is, and maybe he isnt.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:51 PM

13,900 posts, read 10,804,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Chaney Mason screwed that direct up(Kronk) we can't blame Baez for that one!!
Couldnt agree more. He was all over the place, and his line of questioning was hard to follow as opposed to the prosecutions line which was quite smooth and to the point.

I think the problem was that mason kept trying to trip kronk up, which he failed at doing. Kronk may not be the best character, but he stuck with his story.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:48 PM

[quote=WhipperSnapper 88;19800098]Like I said, even if they did have an affair, you still have to prove that he said what shes claiming and I dont think the prosecution will have any problem ripping her credibility to shreds. Maybe he did say that, but maybe she took it out of context. Maybe he meant that the whole thing was a big cluster**** that spun out of control. Things taken out of context can be very dangerous.

Quote:

you dont know that he isnt you are simply speculating just like the rest of us, maybe he is, and maybe he isnt.
No, they don't have to "prove" that George said those things to that woman.

All they have to do is put the witness on the stand, have her testify about what she knows, and then the jury decides whether or not they believe her. It's simple really. The prosecution will have the chance to try to destroy her credibility when they cross examine her. But the bottom line is that the jury will decide how believable she is and how much they believed of what George said today. We just won't know how credible she seems until she testifies. But, no, the defense doesn't have to create a whole new case to prove that George had an affair with that woman.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:54 PM

[quote=WhipperSnapper 88;19800098]Like I said, even if they did have an affair, you still have to prove that he said what shes claiming and I dont think the prosecution will have any problem ripping her credibility to shreds. Maybe he did say that, but maybe she took it out of context. Maybe he meant that the whole thing was a big cluster**** that spun out of control. Things taken out of context can be very dangerous.

Quote:

You're right, it's just my perception that George lied about the affair. I am just speculating, like everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or