U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why did judge Perry recess court for the entire day?
Possible miss-trial 2 12.50%
possible plea agreement 1 6.25%
Lawyer may be in trouble on deffense or prosecution team 2 12.50%
Issue with the jury or a specific member of the jury 0 0%
Issue with a member of Casey Anthony's family 2 12.50%
Other 1 6.25%
I dont know 8 50.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 09:57 PM

94 posts, read 39,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Chaney Mason screwed that direct up(Kronk) we can't blame Baez for that one!!
I agree. Kronk was not helpful to the defense, IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 04:02 AM

25,954 posts, read 39,243,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritos View Post
I agree. Kronk was not helpful to the defense, IMO.
The defense has to thank themself for that...their opening statement was so mind blowing that they set the bar so high and at that point changed the normal proof for the prosecution to the defense having to proof their BS.

You just can't throw everything out there without any backup, that is what will fire back at them and they probably will try on appeal to say that the defense didn't do their job and ask for a retrial...

This will hurt Baez and Mason's career! They thought to be able to cash in from this trial later on, I think people will avoid them as a their defense lawyers.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:53 AM

94 posts, read 39,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The defense has to thank themself for that...their opening statement was so mind blowing that they set the bar so high and at that point changed the normal proof for the prosecution to the defense having to proof their BS.

You just can't throw everything out there without any backup, that is what will fire back at them and they probably will try on appeal to say that the defense didn't do their job and ask for a retrial...

This will hurt Baez and Mason's career! They thought to be able to cash in from this trial later on, I think people will avoid them as a their defense lawyers.
All the defense has to do is create reasonable doubt in the minds of a few jurors. The closing statements will try to tie everything together for the state and for the defense.

Yes, you can "just throw everything out there*.......I've seen it done many times. As for appeals, the first appeal will involve pointing out judicial error ONLY. That will probably take 2 to 4 years. And, yes, there probably will be at least one or two claims of ineffective assistance of counsel down the road. But at this point, it's hard to tell where it's going to go. I don't think she will get the death penalty. She shouldn't. It hasn't been proven.

No, it won't hurt the careers of Baez and Mason. People will just remember the names....not necessarily the details of the trial. Besides, we don't know what the verdict will be yet. Hard to judge how this trial will affect the careers of the defense attorneys until you know what the verdict is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or